Trump tests positive for coronavirus

Page 11 of 19 [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

06 Oct 2020, 7:56 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Do you think it's OK for journos to be asking for so many details of Trump's health? Like, exactly how low did his oxygen level go, did he have a fever, what treatments is he taking?
Are they invading his privacy?
Or does that get trumped (excuse the unintended pun) by the public interest?

I'm of the opinion that with national security interests being what they are, and literally DURING a election, that DJT is not entitled to conceal important details about his health, and if he wanted to do so he never should have run for president in the first place and remained a PRIVATE citizen. There are also the 25th Amendment protocols [US constitution laws on succession of executive powers] to be considered, i.e. should he, as PM Johnson dutifully did, allow vice president Pence to take over temporarily while he continues the healing process? The most idiotic part about his removing of his face mask at the White House, presumably while still shedding COVID germs, was that it allowed us to see how winded he was from a very brief step up a few stairs.

When he saluted from the Truman Balcony at the White House [whom was he saluting exactly? the helicopter? the Washington Monument...? the 20,000 chairs set up near the White House as a temporary memorial to those who died in the pandemic in the US....?] my first thought literally was, "What kind of drugs do they have this guy on...?" As someone who was given steroids during my appendicitis recovery, and also during a very bad flu almost seven years ago, I can honestly say that at first the steroids made me feel as if I could take on a football team single-handedly, but after a day or so I felt absolutely horrible and was so ready to not need them anymore [and I was in my twenties on one occasion, and had just made 30 on the second occasion]. He is not out of the woods yet, even if he has indeed had it for ten or twelve days.

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 12:11 pm

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 12:16 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Looked like he was panting for breath outside the WH 8O

Yes!! I also noticed, you can see by looking at his tie go up and down.I saw different footage on tv from another angle on NBC.His chest was heaving.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 12:59 pm

I'm sure none of his ill-advised behaviour is due to being whacked out on Dexamethasone.

If Donald Trump wishes to sabotage Donald Trump's health, who are we to complain? He just needs to not sabotage other people's health in the process.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 1:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
when he said those things, i very nearly hurled a jar of mayonnaise at the tv screen. the sheer unadulterated marie antoinette-style GALL and hypocrisy. mentioning the excellent health care that he wants to deny the rest of us.

I felt the same way when some covidiot told me that drinking hot tea would prevent catching it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 1:52 pm

Facebook, Twitter Take Action After Trump Falsely Claims Flu Deadlier Than COVID-19

Quote:
Facebook and Twitter took measures to screen against misinformation after President Trump put posts on both sites that falsely claimed COVID-19 is less deadly than the flu in "most populations."

Facebook took down Trump's post, saying that users are not allowed to make false claims about the severity of the pandemic. The social network says the post broke its rules against harmful misinformation.

Twitter allowed the president's tweet to stay up with a warning label.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 2:06 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Facebook, Twitter Take Action After Trump Falsely Claims Flu Deadlier Than COVID-19
Quote:
Facebook and Twitter took measures to screen against misinformation after President Trump put posts on both sites that falsely claimed COVID-19 is less deadly than the flu in "most populations."

Facebook took down Trump's post, saying that users are not allowed to make false claims about the severity of the pandemic. The social network says the post broke its rules against harmful misinformation.

Scientists have successfully battled the virus and saved the President.

Unfortunately, their technology isn't quite advanced enough to fix his other problems.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 2:39 pm

Quote:

Unfortunately, their technology isn't quite advanced enough to save ordinary people like us.
There, fixed it for you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 3:17 pm

I think she meant there is no technology to make him into a good person and not a narcissist and not a racist and xenophobic and to get rid of his Nazi ideologies. Saying what groups of people should be sacrificed was pretty Nazi.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 3:18 pm

Yes, I get it; but I thought I'd add my own Cr0.02 as well.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

06 Oct 2020, 6:37 pm

Syd wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, their technology isn't quite advanced enough to fix his other problems.

Fnord wrote:

Unfortunately, their technology isn't quite advanced enough to save ordinary people like us.
There, fixed it for you.

League_Girl wrote:
I think she meant there is no technology to make him into a good person and not a narcissist and not a racist and xenophobic and to get rid of his Nazi ideologies. Saying what groups of people should be sacrificed was pretty Nazi.

Fnord wrote:
Yes, I get it; but I thought I'd add my own Cr0.02 as well.

This part of the thread made me LOL so hard I got a stitch in my side. Thanks for that, it was most welcome at this point in the day! :lol:

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:25 pm

DeepBlueSouth wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
A guy who might go into a steroid induced psychotic rage has access to the nuclear codes, and can push "the" button?

This all just keeps on getting better, and better! :D

The Joint Chiefs are the real braintrust, the power behind the throne, so to speak. When Richard Nixon was nearing the end of his presidency due to imminent impeachment, he started drinking heavily at night and becoming quite paranoid and reactionary [dare I say, Trump-like...?] and the Joint Chiefs decided to update the codes [which is apparently done on a regular basis, for OBVIOUS reasons] with non-legitimate ones as they viewed a drunk, psychotic [soon to abdicate], president as a threat to global security. This wasn't disclosed until the sometime in the past twenty years, but as Trump had indeed expressed interest at least once in issuing a preemptive nuclear strike on North Korea, and because he is... the way he is, I have had serious doubts for most of his term that he even has the real codes, especially in times such as this when his health is below normal functioning [even for him]. He clearly suffers from some sort of learning disability and/or psychosis [this is not coming from me, literally dozens of psychiatrists have expressed this since before he was elected], and I have no doubt that the System is well aware of this and contingency plans are underway to secure the Union with or without DJT's approval. There is far too much at stake to allow one man to run the show, this isn't a monarchy and it never has been.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Chiefs_of_Staff

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... xon-215478

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17890.html

Oddly enough...Donald Trump JUNIOR seems to agree with you.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2020, 12:24 am

According to the medicos....Trump is a walking zombie...he doesn't know he's actually seriously ill

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2020, 2:54 am

Stephen Miller tests positive for COVID-19

Quote:
White House senior adviser Stephen Miller has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently self-quarantining, The Hill has confirmed.

Miller said he began a period of self-isolation several days ago before receiving a positive test for the coronavirus on Tuesday.

"Over the last 5 days I have been working remotely and self-isolating, testing negative every day through yesterday. Today, I tested positive for COVID-19 and am in quarantine," Miller said in a statement.

Miller is among President Trump's closest aides. He is frequently in the Oval Office and is one of Trump's top policymakers and speechwriters. Miller was seen traveling Wednesday with the president alongside Hope Hicks, another top aide who tested positive the next day.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2020, 2:26 pm

cyberdad wrote:
According to the medicos....Trump is a walking zombie...he doesn't know he's actually seriously ill

That's steroids, for sure. The commonly prescribed methylprednisone, which as I'd said, made me feel as if I could take on a football team about 48 hours after a four day hospital stay for appendicitis [and appendix removal, as well as taking oxygen for much of that hospital stay, so much for vaping being safer than smoking], is apparently nowhere near as strong as the steroid which the president has been prescribed [and presumably is still taking smaller doses of] to say nothing of the OTHER prescription drugs he is on, which altogether have never been taken at the same time by anyone [ever].

Basically, he's a case study right now. It is probable that the steroids caused him to suddenly end all negotiations for financial stimulus packages for citizens and small businesses [via Twitter], which immediately made the stock market plummet like a stone into a pond. Basically either his sickness, the drugs, or [most likely] the combination of the two has made Donald Trump even more "Trump like", which oddly enough isn't helping his poll numbers much at all, even with many of his supporters.... make of that what you will.

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2020, 2:30 pm

Not surprized he got better fairly quick only lasted 4 days for me

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny