Does the government think we're all idiots???

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 11:38 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-54539328

As much as I want to live in fairyland where this virus being let out was an innocent mistake and that the government are f*****g the economy the save lives, I choose to not be that gullible.

There's been too many ''accidents'' regarding the COVID testing in the UK lately, and this just takes the biscuit. There is no way that this was an accident. How can you not notice that the boxes are already made up before sending them out to people? If they are so concerned on keeping everyone safe from the virus then ''accidents'' like this would not happen. When it comes to medical stuff, you can't afford to make mistakes. I know there was apparently no cross contamination but it COULD have happened.

It's all a plan. I don't know what the plan is, but the government does not give a s**t about people's lives. Any more ''accidents'' and people are going to start putting 2 and 2 together and will no longer obey any of these restrictions. It's too late anyway, the virus has already killed well over 40,000 people, it's here to stay so we've just got to f*****g learn to live with it. I am not going to put my trust into the government a second longer. Complete betrayal. :x

I wonder what ''accidents'' are going to happen next?

Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 12:00 pm

My family refuse to live with it.

If we live with it lol then they die with it.

My mum, my stepdad, my granddad.

I don't want to live in a world without my stepdad, mum and granddad.

If they go then I go too.

f**k your private sector. Nobody cared when libraries were cut for no reason.

You're not NT so this has nothing to do with your mental health. I get it that some allistic people are too drunken/needy to be able to do their hobbies at home. They should get hobbies that are able to be independent ones and which are able to be not about boozing.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 1:06 pm

Sorry, but I'm just angry at how the UK government is handling all this. They seem to just be making up new laws as they go along.

I've learnt to live with the virus, and no that does NOT mean I go out spreading the virus. I wear a face mask in any public place, I make sure my hands are always sanitized, I try to keep a 6 feet distance from others, and I avoid any social gatherings and events, and I'm not even visiting my mum - who has terminal cancer so I'm going to lose her anyway.
( :cry: )

But I don't want to lose my job out of this, and so I don't think it's a good idea to keep shutting the country down and handing out unaffordable fines to anyone breaking these rules - and then making these "mistakes" that is betraying to us all. Our government does not know what they're doing. They are messing with everyone.
I'm sorry but it's just the way I feel.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 1:27 pm

It's very disturbing that our governments keep making these gross errors! I would be horrified if I got a used testing kit by mistake! I can't imagine how flawed their procedures would have to be in order for such a mistake to occur.

You're right to be upset with how things have been handled since this began. The major disconnect between the advice of epidemiologists and our governments resulted in a slow and disorganized response. I get quite upset when I think about how this could have been contained or better managed if they had been on top of things when we first learned of the outbreak in China.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 1:38 pm

I suppose at first the UK government thought it was going to be another Swine Flu pandemic, that fizzled out even after having a number of deaths and hospitalisations from it (I remember it well).
But I still wish they acted quick; stopped all air travel in January as a first precaution. By acting that quick, a lot of lives and jobs could have been saved, and other damage could have been avoided.

It's too late now. The damage is done. So whatever rule the government decides to dream up next is going to end in disaster. Are lockdowns really going to work now? Are we too far gone to actually make it go away? All those riots and crowded beaches back in the summer didn't spike the cases and deaths. Yes I know it was summer, but crowds are crowds and this particular virus is that easily passed on. So I think there is more to this than what they're letting on. It's scary. It's like warfare.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 2:10 pm

Quote:
I've learnt to live with the virus, and no that does NOT mean I go out spreading the virus. I wear a face mask in any public place, I make sure my hands are always sanitized, I try to keep a 6 feet distance from others, and I avoid any social gatherings and events, and I'm not even visiting my mum - who has terminal cancer so I'm going to lose her

This is how it's done here in the US. We have places that have re opened but we are practicing all this and places have required masks to be worn, US states have passed the mask law in public places.

But of course we do have crazy Americans here so obsessed about their freedom they feel oppressed about all this. :roll: And I don't see any protesters practicing 6 feet social distancing so they are just as guilty for ignoring that rule. But neither of them whine about oppression of having to wear a mask.

If you are not wearing a mask, people just shun you or look at you with that look. People have even been asked to leave for refusing to wear a mask. They are being called a Karen now for refusing to wear masks. Even my son says "Karens don't wear masks." He has picked up on that meme from youtube.

Sorry about your country.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 3:14 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Sorry, but I'm just angry at how the UK government is handling all this. They seem to just be making up new laws as they go along.

I've learnt to live with the virus, and no that does NOT mean I go out spreading the virus. I wear a face mask in any public place, I make sure my hands are always sanitized, I try to keep a 6 feet distance from others, and I avoid any social gatherings and events, and I'm not even visiting my mum - who has terminal cancer so I'm going to lose her anyway.
( :cry: )

But I don't want to lose my job out of this, and so I don't think it's a good idea to keep shutting the country down and handing out unaffordable fines to anyone breaking these rules - and then making these "mistakes" that is betraying to us all. Our government does not know what they're doing. They are messing with everyone.
I'm sorry but it's just the way I feel.

Sorry about your mum. :(

Sorry about your job as well - I've never been able to work because they cut my career before I had a chance to do it and nobody wants me for anything else either.

It's harder for aspies/autistic people to get a job. Society needs to look at that. Now should be a time when society realises there's more to life than social skills.

I think as far as low paid jobs go, there will be lots of jobs in things like packing/delivery if there's another lockdown. It took 2 weeks for us to get food and we were priority. So supermarkets will want people to deal with that delay.

They should really give some of this furlough money to people who get laid off, make the unemployment etc system quicker. And temp hire people for jobs in supermarket delivery etc, when it's not career based - prioritising the recently laid off. They should try to get more careers online - for eg the acting industry, I don't see why they can't go back to doing that online like the national theatre did, they could move museums online too.

I was 9 when I nearly lost my mum. I still can't handle the possibility of losing her.

But the virus is real and I don't like the conspiracies spreading atm that it's not.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 5:04 pm

I haven't lost my job and I hope I never will, but I'm so scared that I might. I'm s**t scared of working in retail or care, for many reasons I won't go into right now.

I for one do believe this whole pandemic is a conspiracy though. Maybe the government of China wants every country to be communist like them (dictatorship). Maybe Russia's in on it and they want to distract the rest of the world with a virus while they work on some sort of invasion. I could go on forever. I'm not saying that these conspiracy theories are true, because I don't know everything, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a conspiracy theory to all this that they're not letting on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 5:12 pm

I doubt it very much you will lose your job.

Your best chance for losing it was around March/April/May.....during the severe lockdowns.

In NYC, bars and pubs are still not open. We've just started indoor dining. There are more severe lockdowns in the "red zones," though. Similar to the zones around Manchester and Liverpool in the UK.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2020, 3:26 pm

I've been furloughed until January, but my county is more densely populated than some small US states, so cases haven't gone down enough for more places to reopen. I do have a job to go back to, but it just hasn't been safe enough for that to happen even though my department would be among the first to go back.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 7:26 pm

Paid, or unpaid, furlough?

It's really a miscarriage of justice that they didn't extend the $600 a week in addition to the regular unemployment insurance.

Yep...that was partially the Democrats' fault.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 7:35 pm

It's not about the gov thinking were idiots.

Its all about the distribution of power.

We as "nobodies" have no power.

This equals us to idiots.

Even if many of the people who have power are idiots (i know more than anyone about that, i can tell you).

So, does the Gov think we are all idiots? no. the gov knows we are all powerless.

Is that not the same as being categorised as idiots?

You could be the wisest man in the world and still be treated like an idiot by people in power.

That is the nature of modern world politics. Idiots?... yes, many are, and the impact on the world, is something that I shudder to think about...