Sarah McBride first-ever transgender state senator elect

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 3:55 pm

Delaware Democrat Sarah McBride to become nation's first-ever transgender state senator

Quote:
Democratic activist Sarah McBride will become the nation's first person who publicly identifies as transgender to serve as a state senator, after winning Tuesday's election in Delaware, CNN projects.

McBride, a former spokesperson for the Human Rights Campaign, overwhelmingly beat Republican candidate Steve Washington in Delaware's 1st District, a heavily Democratic district that includes the city of Wilmington.

Her win Tuesday also makes her Delaware's first out LGBTQ person elected to the state's legislature.

McBride was the first transgender person to speak at a major party convention when she addressed the Democratic National Convention in 2016. She was also the first out transgender White House staffer when she interned in the Obama White House.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 6:21 pm

Woo-hoo!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Feyokien on 04 Nov 2020, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Attack on group

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 6:33 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Here ya go...

< ANIMATED GIF DELETED BY FNORD >

On second thought, such an image might be too upsetting for some members of this website.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 6:47 pm

As a reminder:

The_Walrus wrote:
In recent months, it has become increasingly clear that people are not reading these rules.

As a result, any thread made after this post that breaks these rules in the opening post will be locked, and the user will be formally warned. If a thread contains significant ongoing constructive discussion then the rule break may be edited out of the OP instead.

In particular, please pay attention to the rule banning attacks on groups of people. For avoidance of doubt, here are some contemporary examples which break that rule:

"Trump supporters are idiots"
"Only stupid people would vote for Clinton"
"The left will get upset at this"
"Conservatives get butthurt too easily"
"Feminists are evil"

The following would not break that rule:

"Trump supporters are ignoring the disastrous effects of his policies"
"Clinton supporters seem to be fine about the email thing"
"The left's economic theories have been discredited"
"Conservative views on abortion have harmed millions of women"
"Some feminists favour equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity: I think that's evil because it will harm industry"
"Hillary Clinton is stupid"
"Donald Trump is evil"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 10:22 pm

This is great! :)