Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 3:08 am

jimmy m wrote:
In California, Governor Newsom issued the following rules, gatherings over the holiday must include people from no more than three households, be held outdoors, last no longer than two hours and guests can only go inside to use the restroom - so long as restrooms are sanitized often. Masks can only be taken off to eat and drink, guests must be sat six feet apart and singing, shouting and chanting are 'strongly discouraged'.

Source: 'If my Aunt comes over, can I throw her a slice of turkey from the window?' Stars ridicule Californian 'Emperor' Gov. Newsom's 'ridiculous' Thanksgiving crackdown that bans singing and limits the holiday to a two-hour outdoor event

As if anyone will follow these rules, and it would be political suicide to try and enforce them.

All political posturing to try and look good on Covid.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 9:01 am

How will this ban be enforced?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 9:10 am

Gonna be one helluva Thanksgiving bash next year!!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 9:12 am

StayFrosty wrote:
They may take my right to feast, but they will never take my right to drink!

:lol: you and me both. I told one of my daughter's my plan for thanksgiving was to open a bottle of plum wine and stay in pajamas all day. I'm calling the holiday, 'drunksgiving'.

Really though, I'm more than okay with holidays getting 'cancelled' I hate having a house full of people or having to go to a house full of people somewhere else. All I ever want to do on holidays is stay home and hide. This year people won't give me much grief over it due to covid. It's a benefit to me right now. I'm all about doing nothing that day.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 9:14 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Gov. Gavin Newsom will send Hillary Clinton around to your house to waggle her finger at you from the street.

:wink: Note the lack of a mask...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 11:00 am

Fnord wrote:

Awesome! Are we all invited?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 11:07 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Not you.

Definitely not you.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 11:08 am

Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Not you.

Definitely not you.

But I am, right? Right? :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 11:11 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Not you.  Definitely not you.
But I am, right? Right?
I'll put it this way: If you do not receive a personal invitation from me in the mail -- complete with directions and RSVP envelope -- then you are safe to assume that you are not invited.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 11:13 am

I'll pm you my address then.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 11:39 am

Fnord wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Not you.

Definitely not you.

You sound like my parents.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 11:43 am

What about a quarantine? The magic day to start a pre-Thanksgiving quarantine is Nov. 13, according to Lindsey Leininger, who leads the Nerdy Girls, a cadre of scientists collaborating on a website called Dear Pandemic. A strict quarantine would mean no grocery shopping, no working outside the home and no in-person school for 14 days.

What about testing? The best day to test would be as close to Turkey Day as possible while still leaving enough time to get results. But a test might not catch a still brewing infection so the best plan is the quarantine for two weeks — the time it can take for symptoms to show up.

Instead of that rigmarole, Leininger said her children will see their grandparents via Zoom on Thanksgiving. After dinner, the family will meet neighbors in the driveway for pie. “We bring our own pie and they bring their own pie,” said Leininger of Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire. “It’s cold here in northern New England, but pie can be a quick activity.”

Source: Experts say no need to cancel Thanksgiving, but play it safe

Personally, I think deep paranoia has set in. As Fnord once wrote [on 30 Jan.]

So enjoy Thanksgiving. Take adequate precautions. Stay safe.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 6:01 pm

I guess the governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, decided he would not be outdone so he has implemented the following rules:

Starting Friday, anyone who enters Pennsylvania must be tested at least 72 hours before arrival, and if they can or do not get a test, they must quarantine for 14 days.

Masks are required outside where it isn’t possible to maintain at least a six-foot distance from others, according to the order, and inside where people from multiple households are gathering, even if they can maintain a social distance.

Source: PA gov announces new COVID rules, including wearing a mask in your house

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 6:12 pm

This is a link to coronavirus restrictions by state:

Reinstated coronavirus restrictions by state: What you need to know

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 10:18 pm

Several sheriffs in upstate New York say they will ignore Gov. Cuomo's order to limit Thanksgiving guests

Quote:
Less than a week after New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo instilled an executive order limiting the number of people at Thanksgiving gatherings, several upstate sheriffs say they plan to ignore it.

Cuomo's order limits the number of people New York residents can have in their private homes to 10.
"New York follows the science. We know indoor gatherings and parties are a major source of COVID spread. To slow the spread, NYS will limit indoor gatherings at private residences to 10 people. This limit takes effect Friday at 10pm," he tweeted on November 11.

Two days later, sheriffs around Albany started speaking against the measure.

Fulton County Sherriff Richard Giardino, who wrote one of the news releases, explained to CNN's Brianna Keilar why he is also not going to enforce Cuomo's order.

"I don't think the Constitution allows for the infringement on the number of people in your own home," he said. "He has authority to do a lot but not to tell law enforcement to get into someone's house and count who is there.

“What I'm saying is, it sends a chill into my community that law enforcement is going to knock on their door, count the number of people, and arrest them."

Two other sheriffs shared similar feelings on their departments' Facebook pages.

"I have no plans to utilize my office's resources or Deputies to break up the great tradition of Thanksgiving dinner," Erie County Sheriff Timothy B. Howard said Monday. "My office will respect the sanctity of your home and traditions, and I encourage you to follow your heart and act responsibly, as well as do what's best for your family."

Likewise, Saratoga County Sheriff Michael Zurlo questioned how it would be a good use of employees.

"I can't see how devoting our resources to counting cars in citizens' driveways or investigating how much turkey and dressing they've purchased is for the public good," he said in a press release.

The release said the department' does not agree that government can decide how many guests someone may have for Thanksgiving. The statement urged everyone to follow guidelines and stay home if sick.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2020, 11:30 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Robotic Flies that will spy on all of us.

Last edited by StayFrosty on 18 Nov 2020, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.