cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 5:13 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I am still confused how reproducing a photo that is already in the public domain uploaded by the perpetrator in the thread story is a personal attack on a WP member?

You called her a *racist*.

This is a personal attack.

We're expected to address the actions, not the person.

Her actions were racist, the family she accused of stealing were upper middle-class/decent, quite preposterous they would steal something like her phone. That leaves only one reason she accused them.....

I remember it came up before with Mel Gibson.

Was it OK to use this website to call him a racist?

The problem for Alex is he's the one they may sue for defamation if members are permitted to make defamatory comments.

So, I remember mods saying personal attacks are not allowed.

If you look at real news site, you will see they use the words like "alleged", so they don't get sued.

Mel Gibson is quite literally the Donald Sterling of Hollywood. But he's damn talented. He gets a pass from me. The Karen in this thread doesn't have anything going for her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 6:23 am

The lady shouldn’t have physically attacked the kid. That’s assault.

If she thought the kid stole her cellphone because he is black, she is a racist. Why would she assume the kid stole the cellphone automatically? Sounds like she wasn’t thinking straight.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 8:00 am

Most people have their data backed up on a computer.
The minute; the SECOND she gets to a working phone, she contacts Apple and has her phone erased/cleared.
So she has to buy another phone....I buy used ones on eBay; if she is jetting all over America, I think she can afford it.
The insightful member who opined that there is (was, if she has any sense) something on the phone that she does not want seen/known makes a lot of sense.
She has proven herself a physical danger to a child.
There is clear evidence of a physical assault on a child.
I do not understand why she is not in custody.
Only one reason for incarceration is punishment for offenses.
The other reason is to protect the public from further criminal acts.
Tackling a child, following an intimidating, threatening, humiliating , screaming attack sounds like proven future danger to the public.
I did not state that I believe she focused her threats on him because of his African American heritage.
But she attacked a child.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Jan 2021, 8:25 am

Off Topic
League_Girl wrote:
I believe the rules are here to not make personals attacks on other users here. Unless that Karen is a member here, it is not breaking the rules here.
Agreed; see my post here.
Any further requests for clarification should be addressed to Alex directly.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 12:06 pm

My point is a law enforcement concern.
If I saw ANYONE assault/FOOTBALL TACKLE a child, I would be calling 911.
She has apparently not been questioned, cuffed, taken into custody, despite video evidence of an adult-on-CHILD attack.
If she did that to me, and I had irrefutable proof, I’d be all over the internet making sure everyone from here to Mongolia heard about the incident.
And saw it; that is the right thing to do; she has proven herself to be a danger.
I would have an attorney and she WOULD be in court.
If she can ride in jet planes all over America, she can afford a psych evaluation.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 12:14 pm

Off Topic
It should be noted that the “Soho Karen” is a person of color who is 22 years old.

I thought the definition of a “Karen” was that of a middle aged white women who calls an authority on a black person for perceived racial reasons. Well now I understand that “Karen” is just a sexist term, not a sexist, racist, and ageist term, good to know

Of course the reason she was called a Karen was that everybody assumed she is white. After all people of color do not frequent hotels in chic neighborhoods such as Soho and call the cops on black people based on racist assumptions, right?

But hey what are inconvenient truths when calling someone a Karen is so effective at proving ones moral superiority and woke bona fides?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 12:27 pm

Whatever her age and racial category, she physically attacked a child.
Witnessed, filmed, proven.
Whatever the source of this dangerous impulse, she needs to be arrested for that alone.
He could have sustained broken bones.
She needs her behavior looked at; has she physically hurt people before this?
What effort is being made to assure the public that she will not hurt someone again?
If she does, and someone winds up in the hospital, I believe that local law enforcement is at fault.
This is beyond age and race.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 12:32 pm

You don’t just physically attack someone based on a supposition.

If this were allowed to stand, anyone who doesn’t look at a person in the “right way” would be open to attack.

Bottom line: this woman should be arrested for assaulting that kid.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 1:45 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Off Topic
It should be noted that the “Soho Karen” is a person of color who is 22 years old.

I thought the definition of a “Karen” was that of a middle aged white women who calls an authority on a black person for perceived racial reasons. Well now I understand that “Karen” is just a sexist term, not a sexist, racist, and ageist term, good to know

Of course the reason she was called a Karen was that everybody assumed she is white. After all people of color do not frequent hotels in chic neighborhoods such as Soho and call the cops on black people based on racist assumptions, right?

But hey what are inconvenient truths when calling someone a Karen is so effective at proving ones moral superiority and woke bona fides?

It should be noted that people seem to think that the definition of a "karen" is "a middle aged white women who calls an authority on a black person for perceived racial reasons", when all one has to do to be a "Karen" is to have an unreasonable expectation that they demand be upheld. A karen can be any race, any age, any gender.

The reason she was called a "karen" was not because people "thought she was white". She was called a "karen" cos she had an unreasonable reaction to an otherwise minor situation. THAT'S all you have to do to be a "Karen".

Watch enough videos, you'll see every type of "karen" there is - and people call them out for it - there's male karens (darrens / kyles) young karens (karens in training), black karens, latinx karens, liberal karens, conservative karens, anyone can be a karen. All you gotta do is freak out over an unreasonable demand. Which is what she did.

tl;dr being a "karen" has nothing to do with anything except attitude. Any race can be a karen. Any gender can be a karen. Any age can be a karen. The fact that many karens happen to be middle aged white women is merely a coincidence - not a requirement.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 2:21 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Off Topic

The definition of Karen keeps being added to it. First it was entitled whiny soccer mom who thinks rules don't apply to her, then it evolved to entitled women, and then to meaning racist women and now my son is calling child abusers Karens now. We also call anti maskers Karens.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 2:27 pm

I've had a crush on at least two women and girls named Karen....

I hope Karen for a woman's name never goes away because of this "Karen" stuff.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 3:31 pm

League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Off Topic

The definition of Karen keeps being added to it. First it was entitled whiny soccer mom who thinks rules don't apply to her, then it evolved to entitled women, and then to meaning racist women and now my son is calling child abusers Karens now. We also call anti maskers Karens.

Jeez, what is wrong with calling a a child abuser a child abuser. I guess “Karen” carries more of a stigma now.(SMH)
The inevitable result of expanding definitions of racism etc.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 10:57 pm

The girl is actually young so it would be more appropriate to call her a "Becky"

She is not a person of color (POC)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 2:56 am

cyberdad wrote:
The girl is actually young so it would be more appropriate to call her a "Becky"

She's Puerto Rican, so yes she is.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 3:11 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Not according to Puerto Ricans who predominantly classify themselves as white

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 4:21 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Not according to Puerto Ricans who predominantly classify themselves as white

She doesn't look cloured to me.
That is why I deleted my post.