Page 1 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2020, 12:10 pm

Video Shows Woman Falsely Accusing Black Teen Of Stealing Cellphone At NYC Hotel; ‘Racism. Plain And Simple,’ Mayor De Blasio Says

Quote:
Cellphone video shows a woman falsely accusing a Black teen of stealing her iPhone at a New York City hotel.

It happened at the Arlo Hotel in SoHo on Saturday. Mayor Bill de Blasio on Monday called the incident racist, CBS2’s Dick Brennan reported.

“This is my phone,” 14-year-old Keyon Harrold Jr. is heard saying.

“You don’t have to explain nothing to her,” Keyon Harrold Sr. says.

“Take the case off, that’s mine, literally. Get it back please,” the unidentified woman wearing a mask says.

She was accusing the teen of theft.

Harrold Sr., a Grammy-winning jazz musician, recorded the confrontation on his phone.

Later, he tweeted a video saying the woman tackled her son and called the incident an assault.

A short time after the incident, an Uber driver who found the woman’s phone in his car returned it to the hotel.

“This is racism. Plain and simple. It would be horrific at any age, but it’s especially offensive that it happened to a child,” Mayor de Blasio wrote on Twitter.

Attorney Benjamin Crump added that he wants Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance to charge the woman.

The hotel has apologized to the Harrolds, but the woman reportedly has not.

The Manhattan DA is said to be investigating.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 12:23 pm

Keyon Harrold Jr. attacked by ‘Soho Karen’ who accused him of phone theft in new video

Quote:
New video has emerged showing the woman who falsely accused Keyon Harrold Jr. of stealing her iPhone attacking the teen and tackling him to the floor.

The woman, wearing a white hat, can be seen chasing 14-year-old Keyon Jr. in the lobby of the hotel, grabbing him by the waist and pulling him down as she also falls to the floor.

Two unidentified men are also in the video, including one who appears to push the boy down.

The footage was tweeted by NYPD Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison on Wednesday night as cops continue to hunt for the woman. She faces potential charges including assault, grand larceny or attempted robbery, the NYPD has said.

“On Saturday, December 26, the woman in this video falsely accused an innocent 14-year-old teenager of stealing her cellphone,” Harrison tweeted. “She then proceeded to physically attack him and fled the location before police officers arrived on scene.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 12:48 pm

I thought Karens were just mouthy. Looks like they're taking it up a notch.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 1:29 pm

Not only are Karens racist, they are also child abusers too according to my son :lol:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 2:25 pm

She appears to have assaulted the kid.

Be the hero of your life.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 2:37 pm

What a totally awful person.
Inexcusable behavior.
Karen on meth.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 2:48 pm

I hope she is punished severely by the criminal justice system...

In fact, she should have her iPhone confiscated and be forced to use one of these for the rest of her life... :evil:

... and no, I *don't* care if that would be cruel and unusual punishment under the 8th Amendment.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 3:43 pm

Glue it to the b*****s hand so she never loses it again.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 3:49 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Glue it to the b*****s hand so she never loses it again.

Also glue her mouth shut and also glue her hands in her pockets.

Now we don't have to listen to her and she will struggle to text either.

Gluing her feet to the floor may become necessary if she works out how to use her toes to operate the phone.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 3:51 pm

A giant glue trap for all Karen’s!!

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 3:58 pm

Misslizard wrote:
A giant glue trap for all Karen’s!!

I think we're going to have problems making fly paper that is not only big enough but that can tell if it is a Karen it has caught. I think a genetically engineered giant spider would work better.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 9:15 pm

GGPViper wrote:
I hope she is punished severely by the criminal justice system...

I'd take it a step further. I wonder WHY she went so nuts over the phone. I don't think it's just craziness and racism, I think she has SOMETHING on her actual phone that she didn't want anyone to see. I think the actual phone should be confiscated and put under computer forensics.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2021, 2:18 am

Accused ‘Soho Karen’ attacker in Keyon Harrold Jr. case has DUI, public intoxication raps: report

Quote:
The “Soho Karen” who allegedly accused the 14-year-old son of jazz trumpeter Keyon Harrold of swiping her iPhone in a hotel had two brushes with the law last year — one for public intoxication and another for drunken driving, according to a report.

Miya Ponsetto, 22, whom NYPD sources identified to The Post as the woman caught on camera falsely accusing Keyon Harrold Jr., was arrested in Beverly Hills for public intoxication on Feb. 28, the Daily Mail reported, citing police reports and court records.

That case is still pending and she is due in court on Jan. 28, according to the outlet.

And on May 28, she was collared for drunken driving near Calabasas, a city in Los Angeles County where Kim Kardashian owns a sprawling estate, the Daily Mail said.

Ponsetto was booked on four misdemeanor counts — two for driving under the influence of alcohol, one for driving with a suspended license and one for unlawful use of a driver’s license, according to the report.

Ponsetto also was named in a civil case involving an eviction for nonpayment in August 2019, the outlet reported, citing court records.

Photos posted online with Ponsetto’s name appear to match the young woman who tackled the boy at the Arlo Hotel in Manhattan’s Soho neighborhood.

On Tuesday, the woman told CNN that she does “worry” about the fallout — but maintains her allegation that she was assaulted during the incident

The NYPD has said it plans to hit the woman with raps that could include assault, grand larceny or attempted robbery, while Mayor Bill de Blasio has blasted the run-in as “plain and simple” racism.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2021, 11:23 am

She acted like she was tweaking.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2021, 11:17 pm

In keeping with the policy to out racists who are trying to hide their identity here's the little daring

Her name is Miya Ponsetto. She got caught being a racist.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 4:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
In keeping with the policy to out racists who are trying to hide their identity here's the little daring

The general policy is not to make personal attacks on people.

Be the hero of your life.