Trump Concedes His Presidency is Ending

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 10:08 pm

Trump Calls for Calm After Riot at U.S. Capitol, Says Focus Is on Smooth Transition

Quote:
PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP on Thursday urged calm after a mob of his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol Wednesday, leading to at least 5 deaths and many arrests, and acknowledged that his time as the leader of the country is coming to an end.

"To the citizens of our country, serving as your president has been the honor of my lifetime," Trump said in a video statement that could be the closest he gets to a concession. "And to all of my wonderful supporters, I know you are disappointed, but I also want you to know that our incredible journey is only just beginning."

Without naming President-elect Joe Biden, Trump said his focus now is on transitioning to a new administration.

"Now Congress has certified the results. A new administration will be inaugurated on Jan. 20. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power. This moment calls for healing and reconciliation."

Trump said that his campaign "vigorously pursued every legal avenue to contest the election results" but added that now tempers needed to be tamed.

"We have just been through an intense election, and emotions are high, but now tempers must be cooled, and calm restored," Trump said.

Trump did not acknowledge that his own supporters were the ones who caused destruction in the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday following a speech in which he told them to go to the U.S. Capitol and call on leaders to "take back our country."

"To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country," Trump said in the statement. "And to those who broke the law, you will pay."

As I said in the other thread Trump is the kind of person who can completely change his mind in a day and yes he is only doing this to avoid the complete humiliation of being booted out ahead of time but this is going to be hard for even him to walk back

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 10:11 pm

About bloody time. :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 12:53 am

Stephen Colbert says what I want to say so I will leave it to him to speak on my behalf

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 2:32 am

Trump and Melania planning to jump ship early.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 74cd7ae2ab
He causes a train-wreck then whisks himself away to his mansion and play a round of golf. No personal responsibility and apparently (he thinks) no accountability.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 2:36 pm

Pumpkin should be kept in an area of the world that hardly anyone is familiar with.