ID's are racist except when buying a gun, driving...

Page 2 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 2:39 pm

So why can't minorities get a photo ID? And, how can we solve this problem?

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 2:45 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

Minorities already have photo ID's though Democrats think for some reason that they are capable of getting ID's. I personally think it's racist for Democrats to think that specific minority groups aren't capable of getting ID's or don't have the personal responsibility show it to vote.

An ID prevents no one from voting. It simply ensures that all voters are actually eligible to vote.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 2:58 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Minorities already have photo ID's though Democrats think for some reason that they are capable of getting ID's. I personally think it's racist for Democrats to think that specific minority groups aren't capable of getting ID's or don't have the personal responsibility show it to vote.

An ID prevents no one from voting. It simply ensures that all voters are actually eligible to vote.

The question I posted is what I always ask of those who insist that ID laws are somehow "Racist". So far I've never gotten a real answer except a personal attack on my character. The real issue is that any law to combat voter fraud is disliked by the left.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 3:27 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

The question I posted is what I always ask of those who insist that ID laws are somehow "Racist". So far I've never gotten a real answer except a personal attack on my character. The real issue is that any law to combat voter fraud is disliked by the left.

That's their game. They lie and cheat and their policies destroy city after city.

If you object, they call you a "racist." It's the only way they get elected.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 4:21 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the previous malfeasant white house occupant [and his equally malfeasant sociopathic stooges] basically wrecked this country and anybody who can't see that is willfully ignoring the problems IMHO. ID requirements were put in place specifically because many pofolk don't drive, don't have business licenses, don't do many of the things on that cute little list. plus the fact that in the south, places like DOLs are spread far and few between, and public transit is crap and getting to those places while they are open on a work day is impractical at best. same for polling places closed in Pofolk neighborhoods but not in the lily white upper class ones, resulting in pofolk waiting day and night to exercise their CIVIL RIGHT FRANCHISE OF ALL CITIZENS to vote, and to not allow distribution of water to those waiting in the RESULTANT interminable lines and to expect hopelessly backlogged and overworked poll workers to give out water is just plain RIDICULOUS, CRUEL and STOOOOOPID!! ! PTB down there are doing everything they can to keep pofolk down and out, PERIOD.

'Pofolk':

- buy alcohol
- buy video games
- get welfare benefits
- get married
- buy nail polish
- write checks
- cash checks
- use credit cards
- buy/rent homes
- serve on jury duty
- open a bank accounts

'Pofolk' already have ID. ID checks simply ensure fair elections.

which addresses NONE of my points.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 5:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:

My point is they already have ID and can already vote if they take that personal responsibility.

Are you suggesting they don't already have ID, aren't capable of getting an ID or won't take the personal responsibility to get an ID to ensure fair elections?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 5:15 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My point is they already have ID and can already vote if they take that personal responsibility. Are you suggesting they don't already have ID, aren't capable of getting an ID or won't take the personal responsibility to get an ID to ensure fair elections?

when the nearest DOL is a day's bus ride away [having to take a day off of work, damn the cost] and more often than not is closed, THAT is am imposition. those are the conditions on the ground in many rural parts of GA. you are ignoring the way things actually are over there. i know people who live there ["pofolk] and that is what i am told about what it is like to live there sans $$$$$$$].

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 7:19 pm

When you go through the long lists of everything thing that requires an official ID you quickly understand that pretty much everyone already has an ID. You can't get a job, welfare, health insurance, a phone, medicine and on and on without it.

Further, states are spamming ballots and registration forms sending them to people who aren't eligible to vote. In my family we received 2 for people who aren't eligible. The process relies purely on the individual not to vote or not to register if they aren't eligible.

I do not believe that illegal votes swayed the election in 2020 but we have certainly made it easy for those who want to cheat and the cheating is only going to grow.

Considering our long history of election fraud and the importance of our elections it is very important that we ensure the integrity of the process.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 7:37 pm

the rate of fraud is vanishingly small. not large enough to get one's knickers in a bunch over it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 7:38 pm

polling place parity NOW! expand the number of polling places where real people live and not just the hifalutin' middle and upper classes. better yet, do away with polling places altogether like washington state did years ago.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 7:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
polling place parity NOW! expand the number of polling places where real people live and not just the hifalutin' middle and upper classes. better yet, do away with polling places altogether like washington state did years ago.

As long people prove their eligibility to vote and fraud is minimized, I'm all for it.

In states like Georgia, it's the county election boards that are responsible for the number of polling locations and their management. Atlanta/Fulton county, a location notorious for long lines and polling location issues, are run by alt left democrats. They have no one to blame but themselves for the long lines.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 7:51 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
The bigger question is do liberals really think Americans are incapable of voting with an ID? Shouldn't we all demand fair elections and that every vote is legal?

The weakness with requiring a federal or state ID to vote is that, should there be any corruption (perish the thought) the handing out of IDs might not be done in a totally fair manner. Government gets to control who can or cannot vote. It's a system that could work more for the political elite than it does for the people. And despite Trump's rhetoric, hoarding power and money at the top happens regardless of party political distinctions. Whoever controls the ID process could effectively control the vote. Some people might accidentally get forgotten, some extra IDs might accidentally get made. So it isn't necessarily a way of guaranteeing fairness at all, is it? Could indeed be a way of ensuring deliberate unfairness, a bit like forcing wannabe voters to queue without water, or shifting County boundaries around to neutralise the voting impact of certain communities.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 7:52 pm

that makes no sense, for democrats to screw over their own people. i do not believe it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 7:54 pm

i want all righties to, at long last, come clean and say it out loud in front of god and everybody, they really are doing all this crap because they don't want people like me to vote, period. it is so tiring to be constantly lied to, gaslit, peed on while being told it's only raining.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 8:00 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My point is they already have ID and can already vote if they take that personal responsibility.

Are you suggesting they don't already have ID, aren't capable of getting an ID or won't take the personal responsibility to get an ID to ensure fair elections?

Oh boy, good ol' "personal responsibility", where anything is possible if you just try hard enough :roll:

You assume that the only reason someone wouldn't have an ID is due to lacking "personal responsibility".

But lets look at what it takes to get an ID. A naïve child would say "duh, an ID is only $20". But it really isn't. Ignoring for a moment the necessary documents to get a state issued ID and the complications and expenses associated with them, you still need to go to the DMV or tax office that handles the licenses. You have to have a car, with gas and insurance, gas to spare to go there, and money to spare to pay for the gas, in addition to the license. If you don't have a car, that's a bus or a taxi. Both have associated costs. In all cases, you have to make the drive there. That takes time. If you're taking the but, that takes even more time. Government agencies are open 9-5. People tend to work 9-5. Now you have to pick between getting a license, and earning money for that day, cos you have to take off work. Depending on where you live, you could be over an hour away from the nearest office. And all that is assuming you even make enough money where any of this is viable, since many families live paycheck to paycheck, or on credit, with no disposable income to the point where even the ability to get an ID or spare the time to vote is too big a luxury to be afforded. But sure, people just don't try hard enough, or take "personal responsibility" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Personal responsibility is important, sure, when it comes to things the individual has control over, pertaining to reasonable situations. Personal responsibility means the consequences of my actions fall on my shoulders. MY actions, not the actions of others. To extend beyond that would be to imply that the victim of bullying is the only one responsible for their bullying, rather than allowing any expectation on the bully to not bully. Some people seem to treat "personal responsibility" to the extreme where if you're holding my head under water, it's MY fault for not growing gills.

The less you know about the world, the simpler it seems.

And no, everyone does NOT have an ID. There may be a long list of things that require them, but there are many people who don't have ID's, and as a result, don't do those things. You just assume they do them. Many people do things in much harder ways, because they still have to do them, but don't have ID's.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 8:01 pm

^^^you said it way better than i could. :wtg: