‘This is a very damaging expose’ by Project Veritas

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Apr 2021, 10:57 pm

Interesting how what justified the total overhauling of a news organization yesterday is of no consequence today. What's the forecast for tomorrow? :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 1:15 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
CNN hates Project Veritas because they were caught admitting what we all know; CNN is just a propaganda outfit. Pretty hard to deny video of them actually saying so. Hats of to James O'keefe for being a real journalist.

I'm not sure I'd call O'Keefe a journalist but he's closer to it than anyone at CNN.

For sure CNN is pissed after being totally exposed for being a corrupt, partisan, propaganda organization.

Really? Because I recall that ethically challenged weasel making a doctored video in order to take down the civil rights organization, ACORN, then later admitting to bugging the phone of a prominent Louisiana elected leader after getting caught. I don't recall the real journalists at CNN ever railroading people with fraudulent evidence.

V
Quote:
The close-up look doesn’t let the executive, Ron Schiller, off the hook. But it shows O’Keefe edited the short version of his video to fit his anti-NPR agenda. Explaining why both things can be true at once requires, well, a lot of context.

Only if you're hindered by right wing partisanship.

Quote:
Only if you're hindered by right left wing partisanship.

Quote:
CNN hates Project Veritas because they were caught admitting what we all know; CNN is just a propaganda outfit. Pretty hard to deny video of them actually saying so.

Hardly. The fact remains, your Veritas boy is an unethical weasel who destroyed a civil rights organization through a fraudulent, doctored tape. I like to think there's a special place in Hell for people like him.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 3:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Hardly. The fact remains, your Veritas boy is an unethical weasel who destroyed a civil rights organization through a fraudulent, doctored tape. I like to think there's a special place in Hell for people like him.

Quote:
ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective
adjective: ad hominem

(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 4:11 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective

(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

No, my argument is against both the person and his position. What, pray tell, is there to defend about the weasel, other than that he has a history of "owning the libs."

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 7:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
CNN hates Project Veritas because they were caught admitting what we all know; CNN is just a propaganda outfit. Pretty hard to deny video of them actually saying so. Hats of to James O'keefe for being a real journalist.

I'm not sure I'd call O'Keefe a journalist but he's closer to it than anyone at CNN.

For sure CNN is pissed after being totally exposed for being a corrupt, partisan, propaganda organization.

Really? Because I recall that ethically challenged weasel making a doctored video in order to take down the civil rights organization, ACORN, then later admitting to bugging the phone of a prominent Louisiana elected leader after getting caught. I don't recall the real journalists at CNN ever railroading people with fraudulent evidence.

V
Quote:
The close-up look doesn’t let the executive, Ron Schiller, off the hook. But it shows O’Keefe edited the short version of his video to fit his anti-NPR agenda. Explaining why both things can be true at once requires, well, a lot of context.

Quote:

Quote:
CNN hates Project Veritas because they were caught admitting what we all know; CNN is just a propaganda outfit. Pretty hard to deny video of them actually saying so.

I have heard many times before that his videos are "heavily and deceptively" edited. But, how does the media know that? It seems to be just a reactionary defense.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 9:02 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective

ACORN was not a benevolent civil rights organization. Just like Planned Parenthood is not a women's health organization.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 3:38 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective

ACORN was not a benevolent civil rights organization. Just like Planned Parenthood is not a women's health organization.

ACORN was and Planned Parenthood is. ACORN helped black people in need, and Planned Parenthood does a whole lot more for women than just perform abortions. My wife in the past had received medical care from them in the past.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 3:43 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

V
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have heard many times before that his videos are "heavily and deceptively" edited. But, how does the media know that? It seems to be just a reactionary defense.

Yes, we do know that. The ACORN workers he had punked were first approached by the weasel while dressed respectably, asking for a business loan. After, he replaced footage showing himself dressed as a pimp, with a girl posing as a prostitute, looking to further their illegal business.
Reactionary? Are you serious? That weasel and his organization are the right wing reactionaries who destroyed a civil rights organization.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 5:56 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

:thumright:
Quote:
Hyperpartisanship
Adjective

Extremely partisan; extremely biased in favor of a political party.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 6:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, we do know that. The ACORN workers he had punked were first approached by the weasel while dressed respectably, asking for a business loan. After, he replaced footage showing himself dressed as a pimp, with a girl posing as a prostitute, looking to further their illegal business.
Reactionary? Are you serious? That weasel and his organization are the right wing reactionaries who destroyed a civil rights organization.

:thumright:
Quote:
Hyperpartisanship
Adjective

Extremely partisan; extremely biased in favor of a political party.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 6:02 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

8O :idea:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 6:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective

No, my argument is against both the person and his position. What, pray tell, is there to defend about the weasel, other than that he has a history of "owning the libs."

Quote:
Smoke/fire? :scratch:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 7:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective

Quote:

The only smoke is from the fire the weasel himself set.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 8:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective

Quote:

Quote:
Is it close minded or closed minded?
Some of you are going to hate this, but both closed-minded and close-minded are acceptable. Closed-minded is traditionally correct, and still recommended by the more respected publications, but close-minded has been commonly used for some time.28 June 2012

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 4:07 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective

Quote:

Quote:
Is it close minded or closed minded?
Some of you are going to hate this, but both closed-minded and close-minded are acceptable. Closed-minded is traditionally correct, and still recommended by the more respected publications, but close-minded has been commonly used for some time.28 June 2012

The guy's as dirty as hell. It has nothing to do with libs theoretically being closed minded, but with common sense dictating who is right.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 5:53 pm

Quote:
A CNN staffer has been caught on camera admitting the network tried to undermine Trump during the 2020 election, calling his own employer a "propaganda" outlet.

Charlie Chester, a technical Director at CNN, was secretly filmed while on a series of fake Tinder dates with a woman who was an undercover journalist for right-wing group Project Veritas.

Mr Chester, who was filmed without his knowledge, said the network helped defeat Mr Trump.

"Look at what we did, we got Trump out,"Mr Chester said.

"I am 100% going to say it. And I 100% believe it that if it wasn't for CNN, I don't know that Trump would have got voted out."

Project Veritas released the full secret recordings on the group's YouTube account.

Conservatives have slammed CNN and claimed the tapes showed the network's endemic bias against Republicans.

CNN has not yet released a statement regarding the story, nor has the network confirmed if Mr Chester is still an employee.