Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 3:17 pm

"‘Dumbest idea ever.’ Video shows Kentucky drivers struggling to use a new roundabout"

The roundabout in question has four roads entering it and each road has a dividing median to separate the traffic going opposite directions. Note, this is in the U.S., we drive on the right side of the road, so you should only see cars on the right side of a road, turning right onto the roundabout, and going counterclockwise on the roundabout.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 3:24 pm

What the ... ?!

Oh ... Kentucky.

Never mind.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 4:02 pm

Ya feel like you're looking down on a bunch of white lab rats trying to find the cheese in the maze! :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 4:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Ya feel like you're looking down on a bunch of white lab rats trying to find the cheese in the maze!
Or ants trying to find the sugar.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 6:27 pm

Maybe it's folk desperately searching for some bourbon--or some folk who found it?  :drunken:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

03 May 2021, 7:34 am

Psh, amateurs. :wink:

I've driven through this... thing a few times and it's really not as bad as it looks. The trick is to treat it as six mini roundabouts.
Note - this is in the UK where they drive on the left.

Behold, the Magic Roundabout 8O

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 7:47 am

If ya actually go read the linked news item ...

Quote:
A video shared by Walker Construction on Facebook was intended to be an example of how not to drive through the new roundabout. But the video instead went viral on the internet as users believed it was drivers who actually didn’t know how to drive through a roundabout.

Drivers are seen in the video turning left into the roundabout, taking the wrong lanes and backing up traffic for people who were driving through the roundabout correctly. Walker Construction has made multiple Facebook posts since the video went viral in an effort to clarify that the wrong-way driving was done intentionally to educate people on the incorrect way to handle the turns.

:arrow: "Walker Construction has made multiple Facebook posts since the video went viral in an effort to clarify that ..."
There's the root of your problem right there, you are expecting Facebook people to accept reality ...