Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 10:30 am

Police Officer Attacks Teen On Autism Spectrum Mistaken For Stabbing Suspect
Video report

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 10:57 am

Has the attacker been charged yet?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 12:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
The officer is still on the job

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 12:22 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Nope

That's when we'll know actual reform has occurred, when cops who needlessly use force on people are consistently treated as the criminals they are. That's not too much to ask, is it?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

salad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 1:30 pm

Waiting for the usual cop bootlickers and sycophants on this forum who usually defend the cops to defend this abominable behavior. Just waiting, and we all know who they are.

Master Oogway

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 1:51 pm

No police should punch. Who is training them?

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 2:54 pm

Police officers need to move away from the idea that “non-compliance” is some huge sin.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 3:09 pm

This video is disgusting. When the kid gets punched you can see his head hit the pavement. His father is a lot more respectful than this police officer by far, even though that as*hole beat his kid up. Props to the father for being a good person.

Honestly, I hate dealing with cops in general. They always become so aggressive whenever they deal with an autistic person. They think we're acting noncompliant or "suspicious", and get a power trip over putting us in our place. I have never had a "good" or even "okay" experience with a cop, nor have I ever heard of other autistic people having one.

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2021, 9:38 pm

Sad. That's all I can say. Very upsetting.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 3:14 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
. . . Honestly, I hate dealing with cops in general. They always become so aggressive whenever they deal with an autistic person. They think we're acting noncompliant or "suspicious", and get a power trip over putting us in our place. I have never had a "good" or even "okay" experience with a cop, nor have I ever heard of other autistic people having one.

I’ve thought about putting a card right behind my driver’s license, so that I can simply hand it to the police officer when my license is asked for.

I haven’t yet down it, but am thinking about it.

—————

I AM ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM:

1) Too much light or noise can cause me to shut down.

2) I cannot always understand questions.

3) I might be slow to respond to verbal commands.

————-

It doesn’t need to be from an organization. There might be a place for a signature, which could be signed by a doctor or perhaps simply a relative. And maybe a handwritten phone number in blue ink can also be included (the blue ink standing out better as clearly handwritten onto a printed card)

The fact that it’s written down conveys I’m not just some as*hole giving you a hard time. But instead states, yes, this is serious.

I think the fact that something like this is written puts the odds somewhat more in our favor.

pablochu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2021, 3:57 pm

Story of my life. It was three cops who "confused" and attacked this black aspire years ago, for murder. I dodged the punch, started screaming, spent hours in jail. All the way there they were calling me stupid, saying they were gonna kill me and throw me in a ditch. Another trauma to my belt

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 9:27 pm

Another piece of proof to distinguish good cops from corrupt ones.

:evil:

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 11:40 am

pablochu wrote:
Story of my life. It was three cops who "confused" and attacked this black aspire years ago, for murder. I dodged the punch, started screaming, spent hours in jail. All the way there they were calling me stupid, saying they were gonna kill me and throw me in a ditch. Another trauma to my belt

I’m very sorry that this happened to you. :(

Too many bullies go into police. And then there’s this strange — and unproductive — dynamic in which cops show how “tough” they are to other cops.

And for a murder case, for crying out loud ! ? ! Where we actually need good policing and where slopsville is just not going to be anywhere near enough.

We as citizens have to get better at kicking bad cops off the force, even if they’re a majority and that’s going to take some doing. And in their favor, I’ll say that it’d help to give police officers more of a constant dependable schedule.