Federal agents raid Rudy Giuliani’s NYC apartment

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 11:56 am

Ukraine investigation

Quote:
Federal authorities in Manhattan raided the Upper East Side apartment of Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday as part of a criminal probe into the former mayor’s dealings in Ukraine, a report said.

The investigators confiscated Giuliani’s electronic devices as part of a search warrant, the New York Times reported, citing sources.

The search warrant is an escalation into the feds’ probe of the former mayor, who are investigating if Giuliani illegally lobbied former President Trump on behalf of officials and oligarchs in Ukraine, the Times reported.

The Ukrainian officials at the same time were helping Giuliani dig up dirt on Trump’s political rivals, including President Biden and his son, Hunter.

Investigators in the Justice Department had tried for months to secure the search warrant, according to the report. Prior to Biden taking office, Trump appointees at DOJ had attempted to block the warrant from moving forward, the Times reporte

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 12:15 pm

It is about time!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 12:48 pm

So Kerry giving intel to the Iranians is totally cool but this Rudy's Ukrainian stuff is criminal?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 2:46 pm

Either deal with it or do something about it.

Ironic, is it not?  The residence of a former U.S. Attorney is raided in the course of a legal investigation conducted by the very same office he once headed.

A judge had to conclude that there was probable cause that evidence of crime(s) would be found there, and federal agents must have very compelling evidence of wrongdoing to justify seeking, and then obtaining, permission to search the residence and electronica of Trump's former attorney -- evidence that seems to be lacking in Kerry's case.  Besides, Trump had 4 years to pursue a case against Kerry, and did nothing instead.

A third search warrant was served on a phone belonging to Washington lawyer Victoria Toensing, a former federal prosecutor and close ally of Giuliani and Trump.

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 4:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
Either deal with it or do something about it.

Ironic, is it not?  The residence of a former U.S. Attorney is raided in the course of a legal investigation conducted by the very same office he once headed.

A judge had to conclude that there was probable cause that evidence of crime(s) would be found there, and federal agents must have very compelling evidence of wrongdoing to justify seeking, and then obtaining, permission to search the residence and electronica of Trump's former attorney -- evidence that seems to be lacking in Kerry's case.  Besides, Trump had 4 years to pursue a case against Kerry, and did nothing instead.

A third search warrant was served on a phone belonging to Washington lawyer Victoria Toensing, a former federal prosecutor and close ally of Giuliani and Trump.

:lol:

I agree. Trump should have gone after some of the Deep State schmucks like Kerry. But he wasn't in office to exact political revenge, he was there to do the business of the people of the USA. The amount crime that your much beloved career politicians get away with is obscene.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 4:26 pm

We could endlessly debate the REAL reasons Trump was in office; but the bottom line is that when he had the chance to have Hillary & Company arrested and tried, he ducked that responsibility completely.

Lest We Forget 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:58 am

Looking Into it Very Strongly
by Headlines
(Posted on The Nib 2012-04-29)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 12:47 am

Just think how Rudy's career as a prosecutor of the mob, and mayor of New York will be remembered when he's sent up the river for his orange messiah.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 2:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just think how Rudy's career as a prosecutor of the mob, and mayor of New York will be remembered when he's sent up the river for his orange messiah.

Yep but he sold his soul to the orange devil

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 10:57 am

Giuliani can get off on an insanity defense. Have you seen any news clips of him lately? How about the one where his hair tint is running down both sides of his face? How about the one where he pursues "relations" with a mock journalist in the recent Borat movie? I actually do think he is senile. He should be disbarred, but only to prevent him from doing any more harm to others.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 11:07 am

If the insanity plea did not work for John Gotti, it will likely not work for Rudy Giuliani, either.

:wink: ... I hope!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 11:17 am

Nope...I don't believe he would get off on an insanity defense. He's cuckoo, but not cuckoo enough.....

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 11:52 am

Giuliana has certainly squandered his legacy as the man who made his bones spearheading the investigation in the 80s that took down the heads of the five families in New York.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 11:55 am

He was a great prosecutor in the 80s.

He wasn't that great a mayor, really.....any person of decent intelligence could have taken the "leadership" position during 9/11. The cops certainly loved him. They feel nostalgic for the days of "Giuliani Time."

I just don't know what happened to him----to bring him into his present idiotic state.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I just don't know what happened to him----to bring him into his present idiotic state.

Old age plus enormous ego = ruination.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:32 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Old age plus enormous ego = ruination.

Trump seems to have this superhuman power to change rational conservatives and republicans into seditious, conspiracy theory-believing cultists.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman