Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 1:25 pm

Witnesses say a woman was yelling "no vaccine" as she sped through a COVID vaccination tent in Maryville

Quote:
A Greenback woman faces multiple reckless endangerment charges after speeding through a COVID-19 vaccination tent to protest the vaccine, according to the Blount Co. Sheriff's Office.
It happened Monday morning in the parking lot of Foothills Mall in Maryville, and a Blount Co. deputy who was working the event and sitting in his cruiser nearby witnessed the entire incident.

According to his report, a blue Chrysler SUV caught his eye because of the driver's unusual behavior. Typically, vehicles stop and sign in with National Guard personnel to get the vaccine, then proceed slowly through a course outlined with cones into a large tent to get the injection. They then exit the tent and park for about 15 minutes to be sure the driver doesn't suffer any immediate side effects from the vaccine.

That's not what happened in this case.

Deputy Kevin Snider said he saw the SUV "traveling at a high rate of speed through the closed cone course and through an enclosed tent" then "exit the tent and continue to drive recklessly through the cone course."

There were more than a dozen people working inside that tent, and Deputy Snider said several of them ran up to his patrol car and told him that the SUV almost hit several people under the tent.

Snider followed the SUV and pulled it over on Morganton Road. The driver was Virginia Christine Lewis Brown, 36, who told him "she was driving through to protest the vaccine."

The deputy arrested Brown and transported her to the Blount County Detention Facility. On the way, he said Brown made several statements about protesting the vaccine.

Brown was charged with seven counts of reckless endangerment.

The BCSO said on Thursday she was released on bonds totaling $21,000.

Several witnesses said they believed the driver was yelling things like "no vaccine" as she drove through.
"They thought the driver was going to kill them," he stated in his report.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 1:30 pm

Of course it was my state. Whenever we make national news its always because of the far right.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:28 pm

I wonder how long until far-right sources start insisting this was actually because of ANTIFA. :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 4:57 pm

There's got to be a way to issue a charge of a 'Terroristic behavior' flavor, after all, what else was her behavior there, she certainly wasn't delivering free pizza to the health care providers as a thank you for their efforts.

Hmm,

Quote:
Not much is known about Brown, who doesn't appear to have a social media presence. According to reports, she is from Greenback, Loudon County. We also couldn't find any other mentions of her in the media, so this is likely the first time she has been arrested.

https://meaww.com/virginia-christine-le ... r-arrested

And in other news found while looking for more on the tent thing,

Sorry, Sara, a readily communicable viral disease is neither personal nor private,

Quote:
Sara Razi, a 21-year-old junior at Rutgers, is challenging that requirement.
"I'm not anti-vax, I'm anti-mandate," she said. "My education should not be restricted based on my personal decision to receive the Covid-19 vaccination.
"Vaccinations are a personal and a private choice and students should have the right to choose whether or not they want to take a vaccine that is experimental," Razi added. "Therefore, a public institution like Rutgers should not have the right to dictate a student's personal decisions."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/19/student ... leges.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 1:05 am

Funny how Trump brought out the lunacy in too many people.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 5:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Funny how Trump brought out the lunacy in too many people.

And Bill Lee and Marsha Blackburn.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!