Lecturer At Yale Event Fantasizes About Murdering Whites

Page 10 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:45 pm

In other related psychology news:

https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/07/he ... nent-cure/

The Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association published a research article in May that describes being white as “a malignant, parasitic-like condition,” and a dangerous, discriminatory, and perverse mental condition.

Written by Donald Moss, an author and activist, the article entitled “On Having Whiteness,” explains that whiteness establishes an “entitled dominion” that enables the “host” of “parasitic whiteness” to have “power without limit, force without restriction, violence without mercy,” adding that it has a drive to “hate, and terrorize.”

Moss claims whiteness “easily infiltrates even groups founded on the protection of individuals, on democratic principles.”

While Moss opens his paper by claiming that “No clear path links my argument to that of my predecessors,” his article is not by any means the first time that scholars have endeavored to establish “whiteness” as an institutionally recognized pathology that requires treatment or a cure.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10 ... 1211008507

Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has—a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which “white” people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic ways of being in one’s body, in one’s mind, and in one’s world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts’ appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness’s infiltrated appetites—to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning (“never again”) or as temptation (“great again”). Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure.

Probably deserves its own thread, but I don't want to spam up the forums.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:51 pm

That description sounds like Trump. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:57 pm

I feel like the person who wrote that article has an overactive imagination----to say the least.

I don't care about the "context."

To describe a whole "race" as a "malignancy" is rather similar to the psychology of the toxic racism of the South pre-Civil Rights Era in justifying what white people did AFTER lynching black folks.

Reminds me of how Pol Pot viewed intellectuals in Cambodia.

Let me emphasize: most "wokeness" doesn't go that far----but it has the potential to go that far.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2021, 4:40 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I imagine the mods understand nuance and context when comparing a troll on WP with somebody supporting another person's need to undergo a form mental release which is quite revealing about the state of mental health of a segment of the population.

I would be equally interested if this was a Trump supporter, an Incel or a devil worshipper going in public about their darkest fantasies.

If the good doctor was a white Trump supporter and gave a similar public speech about his perceived enemies, this thread wouldn't even be allowed. It would have been locked as soon as someone here said, "I disagree, but I understand and support him for saying what he said." Plus, I find it dubious you yourself would say that if Dr. K was of a different demographic.

Indeed. I likewise doubt that cyberdad would have anything like the same sort of sympathy for any White person who said anything a fraction as extreme as what Dr. K came out with. Cyberdad’s posts on WP make that fairly plain.
cyberdad wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
To be honest with you, it is rare to find a white as racist as she is.

The problem is that when we give platforms for such people to speak, we create new generations of racist people. Doesn't the university have a policy against racism? Why don't they use it and exclude her from the university like they do to many others?

I agree she has a problem but it sounds like a cry for help. I am more concerned about the reasons for her feeling this way as I am 100% sure she would never act on her expressed urges.

She knew what she was doing. She might not act on her expressed urges (although there’s no way you can be “100% sure” she wouldn’t), but by normalizing talk of murdering whites she’s making it more likely that some other people will.

And this is in a society where people are already bombarded with talk about how whites are “privileged” and are constantly “oppressing” everyone else, while white people are discouraged from calling the police for help (no one wants to be a “Karen” now, do they). I could show you cases of non-Whites who have acted on such urges against White people, but you'd just make excuses for them too, and you'd probably attack me for even knowing about such cases.

In fact, the talk in US society about how whites are “privileged” and are constantly “oppressing” everyone else is talk that you in your small way contribute to (notwithstanding the fact you are based in Australia); indeed, you seem to have virtually nothing else to contribute on WP when it comes to politics and current events, so I suppose it’s no surprise that you would have sympathy for this woman. You’ve got to fit her violent, anti-white talk into your narrative somehow haven’t you?

I hope plenty of forum members remember the stuff you’re coming out with on this thread when you decide to lecture us all on morality in future.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 4:48 pm

All this "white guilt on steroids" doesn't mean that racism is not something which needs to be addressed.

It is still out there.

And it is not fair to those who are the victims of racism.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 7:18 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
I'd just like to point out that quotes from Cornerstone Speech also weren't censored out of WP. Quoting a racist text to point out that it's racist (or to discuss possible doubts wheather it is racist or not) is not the same as promoting racist content. From our ancient guidelines:
Quote:
b) Creating threads attacking black people (or any other colour) is not acceptable. However, it is quite acceptable to discuss issues regarding racial tensions and racism itself. So there would be no problem debating why race riots occurred somewhere, but it would not be acceptable to say that a particular race smells bad or are stupid.
viewtopic.php?t=204613

Didn't you make one of my threads disappear because it involved a rancid person ranting?
I am not sure why this thread has survived. :scratch:

I believe it has survived in order to assist in demonstrating the hypocracy in certain quarters of the site...But it's possible there's other reasons as well.

There has never been a shortage of hypocrisy on this website, in the past.
Hopefully, things have changed.
I have no criticism of magz, btw. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 7:23 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Because the bulk of the media has a left-wing bias.

You mean the same media that's consistently adversarial to social democrats and anything to the left of centrist liberals? :lol:

What media have you been watching? Most nauseatingly fawn over social democrats.

There is media bias on both sides of the political divide.
Claiming it is just in one area is a sign of hyperpartisanship and diminishes the credibility of the people espousing the nonsense. 8)

Having said that, the situation isn't binary/black&white.
Some sources have more credibility than others. 8)

Mr Reynholm wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, this is akin to a member of the Ku Klux Klan speaking at a serious academic conference about the "fantasy" of killing black people.

Correct!
What alarms me is that it is treated as a nothing burger by the media, Yale University and DC.

Agreed. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 7:27 pm

Mikah wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
But it's possible there's other reasons as well.

It must be that the mods all secretly adore me.

And who could be infatuated with you?
Just look at that James bond face. :heart: :mrgreen:

Misslizard wrote:
Someone yelled this out in the high school gym,
“I don’t like white bread,
I don’t like white milk,
And I don’t like white people.”
I can understand why she would feel that way.
Now if she yelled out,
“I want to kill white people.”
That would make me fear for my safety.
It also perpetuates the stereotype that all blacks are violent.

Indeed. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 7:33 pm

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
I'd just like to point out that quotes from Cornerstone Speech also weren't censored out of WP. Quoting a racist text to point out that it's racist (or to discuss possible doubts wheather it is racist or not) is not the same as promoting racist content. From our ancient guidelines:
Quote:
b) Creating threads attacking black people (or any other colour) is not acceptable. However, it is quite acceptable to discuss issues regarding racial tensions and racism itself. So there would be no problem debating why race riots occurred somewhere, but it would not be acceptable to say that a particular race smells bad or are stupid.
viewtopic.php?t=204613

Didn't you make one of my threads disappear because it involved a rancid person ranting?
I am not sure why this thread has survived. :scratch:

Would you like me to send it to the dungeon?
If you start stirring up drama and attacking people here, I will.

Making an observation is not stirring up problems.
I was referring to the seeming double standards.

You are my favourite mod, and I see you as the most objective.
You should know that. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 8:38 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I imagine the mods understand nuance and context when comparing a troll on WP with somebody supporting another person's need to undergo a form mental release which is quite revealing about the state of mental health of a segment of the population.

I would be equally interested if this was a Trump supporter, an Incel or a devil worshipper going in public about their darkest fantasies.

If the good doctor was a white Trump supporter and gave a similar public speech about his perceived enemies, this thread wouldn't even be allowed. It would have been locked as soon as someone here said, "I disagree, but I understand and support him for saying what he said." Plus, I find it dubious you yourself would say that if Dr. K was of a different demographic.

Indeed. I likewise doubt that cyberdad would have anything like the same sort of sympathy for any White person who said anything a fraction as extreme as what Dr. K came out with. Cyberdad’s posts on WP make that fairly plain.

Having had my racial background assumed and this assumed race weaponised against me on this site, that would appear to be quite an accurate observation...

I have wondered if those people who commit racist acts, while pointing to "racism" everywhere else aren't simply providing a form of "confession through projection", and attributing their own subconcious beliefs\feelings onto others as a way to distance themselves from their "inner guilt".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 9:24 pm

QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
A little context might be helpful before casting judgement on Dr Khilanani
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3022427/wh ... khilanani/

She's a psychiatrist and psychoanalyst so she is self-exploring facing the darker elements of her subconscious mind. I find her research interests quite fascinating.

If she was trying to self-explore, then her talk was mis-titled. Because the title of her talk was referring to white people and she isn't one of them. So this logically means that self-exploration won't fit the title of the talk.

Basically she was invited to talk to her peers on the psychological barriers of talking to white people about race. According to her she dismissed the exercise as a “waste of breath.” She directly drew on her experience of how her white therapist had called her anger on racism “psychotic”.

Interestingly (and perhaps not surprisingly) her talk has been positively received by the psychiatric community and also by the black community. A Yale psychologist on social media described her talk as "absolutely brilliant", while a woman identifying herself as black commended her for giving “voice to us as people of colour and what we go through all the time.”

The trouble began when the audio of the talk was posted last week on the sub-stack online platform of former New York Times opinion writer and editor Bari Weiss. Since then, conservative publications, alt-right talking heads and social media trolls have had a field day fixating on one small part of her speech:

Dr Khilanani told the NY times that her talk was taken out of context and that a certain segment of the community sees and responds to the repressed rage that BIPOC (people) feel after generations of discrimination, mistreatment and racism both overt and casual.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 9:33 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
In 1977 my Philosophy professor, first day started the course by saying his first thoughts upon seeing a class full of nuble young women was to act on his sexual desires. He used the r-word, not the euphemism. He explained that he doesn’t act upon those desires, it was done to shock the audience to demonstrate philosophy was about values. It did shock his audience, the class audibly and loudly gasped especially the women.

If he said that today and it was recorded as it likely outside of a few mens rights organizations and maybe Tucker Carlson types his explanation that it was an intellectual exercise would fall on deaf ears. His academic career would be over.

This illustrates the difference between the discipline of philosophy and psychiatry. Philosophical perspective that your professor discussed is seen through the lense of "moral relativity" and the norms of American social discourse on morals and ethics.

Dr Khilanani is discussing her repressed anger through the lens of Freud's psychoanalysis. Freud encouraged release of repressed thoughts as its cathartic and unhealthy to suppress. In the context of a talk to psychiatrists and medical students she shared her experience as a learning moment for colleagues in her field of psychoanalysis.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 9:40 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
In fact, the talk in US society about how whites are “privileged” and are constantly “oppressing” everyone else is talk that you in your small way contribute to (notwithstanding the fact you are based in Australia); indeed, you seem to have virtually nothing else to contribute on WP when it comes to politics and current events, so I suppose it’s no surprise that you would have sympathy for this woman. You’ve got to fit her violent, anti-white talk into your narrative somehow haven’t you?

I hope plenty of forum members remember the stuff you’re coming out with on this thread when you decide to lecture us all on morality in future.

Not sure why you (and others) are saying this is about me? most strange??
I do contribute to a wide range of social, political and other various special interest topics on WP (like history) and you are most welcome to review my posting history on other topics like climate change, the environment, nature.

But please don't try and pigeonhole me in order to invalidate whatever I have contributed to this thread (which BTW I didn't create).

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 10:16 pm

Sounds like everyday... even white skinned people who were busy starving somewhere besides North America are responsible for all that ails. That's the sort of thinking that perpetuates segregation.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 2:21 am

cyberdad wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:

Not sure why you (and others) are saying this is about me?

I'd guess it's because a person's actions are a better indicator of their character than their claims regarding it...

If a person is happy to weaponise race against another member on the site (aggravated by the fact they have made assumptions in order to decide whether the racial identifier used was "appropriate" for the member), and assert "racism" against people shown in the media (for actions which were objectively less racist than that under discussion in this thread), then their "impartiality"\"objectivity" is well within bounds of scrutiny.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 2:59 am

Do pray tell what British stereotypes have to do with weaponising race against WP members or a psychiatrist's fantasies Brictoria?

Again I was not the creator of that thread either so perhaps you should direct your concerns to the OP of that thread.

I am a little confused why you are conflating what looks like three different/disparate topics?