Black Lives Matter plan to 'completely dismantle' society

Page 15 of 18 [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 10:01 am

When Obama mentioned clean coal my respect for him went down several notches.Clean coal is a lie.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blueri ... -stimulus/

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 10:08 am

MaxE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
This can also be seen in the difference between how members of each "side" treated the death of a prominent member of the "other side" in the past year

David Koch and Donald Rumsfeld obituary topics got nasty comments.

Koch like Limbaugh was another champion of polarization. He wasn't merely somebody with whom those on the Left disagree. He was an enemy.

Rumsfeld was a warmonger. Americans are sick and tired of being asked to demonstrate their patriotism by blindly supporting foreign wars, which is unfortunate because the day could come when there will be a legitimate need to support one e.g. 1914 and 1939. Anger towards him is legitimate and not by any means limited to the Left.

Obama was a bigger warmonger than Rumsfeld and Bush. But I'm quite certain nobody on the left, here, will say an unkind word against him when he dies-- except me, that is.

I don't think Obama was a warmonger however I know people on the Left who consider him, Hillary, and Biden to all be "neocons" which is roughly the same sort of accusation. It's really more common to hear Leftists say this i.e. Bernie Bros, which is probably shocking to those who consider Obama to be a Communist.

TBH in Obama's case I think he simply wasn't much good at Foreign Policy and wasn't confident setting a different direction from what W had started. The difference was that Obama saw it as his duty to prosecute these wars whereas W reveled in that activity and made it the focus of his Presidency. Of course Obama's naïveté led to Benghazi. Yep, I just criticized Obama in case you don't notice.

I suppose it was a criticism, but framed within a massive attempt to be an an apologist for him. That's the danger of partisan politics. It keeps us bickering amongst ourselves, while maintaining a system that gets steadily worse, and no longer serves the people.

Democrats do worse crap when they get in office because the media gives them complete cover and nobody really pays attention to what's actually going on in Congress.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 2:46 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
This can also be seen in the difference between how members of each "side" treated the death of a prominent member of the "other side" in the past year

Koch like Limbaugh was another champion of polarization. He wasn't merely somebody with whom those on the Left disagree. He was an enemy.

Rumsfeld was a warmonger. Americans are sick and tired of being asked to demonstrate their patriotism by blindly supporting foreign wars, which is unfortunate because the day could come when there will be a legitimate need to support one e.g. 1914 and 1939. Anger towards him is legitimate and not by any means limited to the Left.

Obama was a bigger warmonger than Rumsfeld and Bush. But I'm quite certain nobody on the left, here, will say an unkind word against him when he dies-- except me, that is.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!! ! Bush and Rumsfeld got us into a completely unnecessary war in Iraq! Tell me when Obama had done that, because I must have missed it!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 3:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS!! ! Bush and Rumsfeld got us into a completely unnecessary war in Iraq! Tell me when Obama had done that, because I must have missed it!

Syria, Libya Somalia, Yemen. The latter is the most revolting and criminal of all, where we are funding Saudia Arabia while they are basically committing genocide in that country.

We funded terrorist groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS during his regime in Syria with the end goal of taking put Assad.

But he's still a wonderful guy, right? Nowhere near as bad as Bush.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 3:25 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

Syria, Libya Somalia, Yemen. The latter is the most revolting and criminal of all, where we are funding Saudia Arabia while they are basically committing genocide in that country.

We funded terrorist groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS during his regime in Syria with the end goal of taking put Assad.

But he's still a wonderful guy, right? Nowhere near as bad as Bush.

Obama was a solid 8, but Shrub and Rummy were at least a 9.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 3:33 pm

Well, I don't think I would agree with that ranking. Bush started two wars to Obama's five.

They're both war criminals, though.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 3:45 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Well, I don't think I would agree with that ranking. Bush started two wars to Obama's five.

They're both war criminals, though.

I'd also consider the scale of the wars they started, not just the number as though they're all equal.

Iraq and Afghanistan were both much larger in scale than the conflicts Obama started.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 3:54 pm

In 2015, the U.S. bombed Syria so hard, they literally ran out of bombs. The most heavily funded military in the world!

I'm hoping we can at least agree that both of them deserve a special place in hell, (if such a place existed.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 4:21 pm

^

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Last edited by VegetableMan on 10 Jul 2021, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 4:25 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I'm hoping we can at least agree that both of them deserve a special place in hell, (if such a place existed.)

I won't argue with that.

I might suggest that running out of bombs didn't happen all at once and instead was the result of using up their entire stockpile before that and struggling to rebuild it ever since because of the rate they were using them, not just because they were using outrageous numbers of munitions over Syria.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 4:35 pm

^In the end, it's just a continued campaign that's immoral and detrimental to the survival of our country and the world at large.

By the way, my previous comment was directed at another member who deleted his post.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 4:36 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
^In the end, it's just a continued campaign that's immoral and detrimental to the survival of our country and the world at large.

By the way, my previous comment was directed at another member who deleted his post.

I agree with the former.
Thank you for clarifying the latter.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 4:41 pm

I won't name the member, since he chose to delete his comment. (I'll delete my comment as well right now.)

(Alright, it wouldn't let me delete, for some reason, so I just scrubbed it.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 5:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

:thumright:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 5:51 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I won't name the member, since he chose to delete his comment. (I'll delete my comment as well right now.)

That is probably because someone posted after you.
You can only delete if it is the last post.
Only the last post, of any poster, can be deleted.

Erm, for those who don't know that. 8)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 6:01 pm

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

That is probably because someone posted after you.
You can only delete if it is the last post.
Only the last post, of any poster, can be deleted.

Erm, for those who don't know that. 8)

I did not know that. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, it's all gone now. Poof! Like it never existed!

Oscar Meyer Lansky