Black Lives Matter plan to 'completely dismantle' society

Page 3 of 18 [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:40 am

MaxE wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Similarly, critisism of the organisation is not the same as critisism of the "cause", but it seem many are unable to understand this.

I believe much criticism of the organization is intended to confuse its audience and lead them to conflate the two (the organization and the cause). The objective is to spread the idea that "BLM <=> terrorism" The video to which the OP linked is an example.

Conversely, the organisation may have selected their name such that they could use the cause as a shield against critism of their actions, and so have people who may otherwise be against their actions defend them simply due to the shared name causing them to belive it was the cause, rather than the organisation, being discussed...

It's amazing how many people (on both sides) seem unable to differentiate the organisation from the cause and so attack the cause for the actions of the organisation, or defend the organisation by insinuating that any attacks on it are being made solely to harm the cause, rather than based upon the organisations words\actions.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:46 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
Black Lives Matter isn't actually about black lives though is it?

Actually it is.

Or so they say it is.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:51 am

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
Black Lives Matter isn't actually about black lives though is it?

Actually it is.

Or so they say it is.

Your opinion isn't credible.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 12:17 pm

Brictoria wrote:
It's amazing how many people (on both sides) seem unable to differentiate the organisation from the cause and so attack the cause for the actions of the organisation, or defend the organisation by insinuating that any attacks on it are being made solely to harm the cause, rather than based upon the organisations words\actions.

It took me a long time to understand that there is an actual organization (the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation). Apparently they were founded during the unpleasantness in Ferguson MO a few years ago. I looked and they do have a rather attractive web site. Either way, I personally support the objectives that most people have in mind when they use the phrase "Black Lives Matter". I am less enthusiastic about "Defund the Police" as I think it sends a message to which many will legitimately object. As for the organization itself, I guess they serve a useful purpose. Some of their leaders may be Marxists but they are certainly not terrorists. There are in fact parts of the world where Marxism is respected as a legitimate school of political thought even if not so popular as it was in the 70s. It wouldn't bother me to see a few more Marxists around. I have gotten sick and tired of Libertarians and Objectivists!

As far as organizations go, I personally care much more about anything that Stacey Abrams might organize because the upcoming elections are my biggest concern and she is the person best positioned to organize towards that goal. I'll admit I've been remiss in educating myself about her activities but time is getting short.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 12:35 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
I've always considered BLM to be an anarchist organisation first and foremost followed by a money laundering/fraud scheme. They're just feigning interest in improving race relations to gain public support and donation money. Ironic and hypocritical for an anarchist group really.

I'm firmly against BLM and all they stand for.

Even the notion that black lives matter? :chin:

Black Lives Matter isn't actually about black lives though is it? And I don't see how somehow going into an Anarchist state with no ability to implement discrimination laws is somehow going to help stop discrimination. In the world that BLM want to create, shooting people for being black will actually be legal.

And just how is that?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 1:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
I've always considered BLM to be an anarchist organisation first and foremost followed by a money laundering/fraud scheme. They're just feigning interest in improving race relations to gain public support and donation money. Ironic and hypocritical for an anarchist group really.

Black Lives Matter isn't actually about black lives though is it? And I don't see how somehow going into an Anarchist state with no ability to implement discrimination laws is somehow going to help stop discrimination. In the world that BLM want to create, shooting people for being black will actually be legal.

And just how is that?

Probably because BLM stated again and again they want the removal of police forces and leading figures within the organisation appear to be fond embezzlement.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 2:19 pm

Nades wrote:
Probably because BLM stated again and again they want the removal of police forces and leading figures within the organisation appear to be fond embezzlement.

Who's been charged with embezzlement? :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 2:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

She seems to enjoy buying homes with misappropriated donations ironically in wealthy areas away from black people. You don't need to be convicted of embezzlement to have committed it. As far as I'm concerned it's embezzlement.

Last edited by Nades on 04 Jul 2021, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 2:27 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Candace Owens. She seems to enjoy buying homes with misappropriated donations ironically in wealthy areas away from black people.

Candace Owens is an opponent of BLM though, how do her actions reflect on BLM?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 2:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Candace Owens. She seems to enjoy buying homes with misappropriated donations ironically in wealthy areas away from black people.

Candace Owens is an opponent of BLM though, how do her actions reflect on BLM?

My bad. I was posting a source and messed up my pasting.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 2:40 pm

Candace Owens is one of my favourite no bullcrap speakers in general when it comes to stuff in the US at least. She sums it up perfectly about How Patrisse Collurs is pretty much embezzling donations into her property empire splurge.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14650126/candace-owens-blm-patrisse-cullors-property/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 2:48 pm

Nades wrote:
Candace Owens is one of my favourite no bullcrap speakers in general when it comes to stuff in the US at least. She sums it up perfectly about How Patrisse Collurs is pretty much embezzling donations into her property empire splurge.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14650126/candace-owens-blm-patrisse-cullors-property/

Cool story, I've mostly found her to be a fountain of disinformation.

I'm aware that Patrisse Cullors has bought a home and that there was discussion over whether or not it was appropriate. That said, I asked you who's been charged with embezzlement? and the answer is no one.

It's not surprising that people who are hostile to BLM will cling to any accusation to reach the conclusion that they ought not to be supported but typically those people would be hostile no matter what and everything else is just rationalizing that hostility.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 4:21 pm

Nades wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

And just how is that?

While it's doubtlessly a bad idea to do away with law enforcement, one has to remember the bad relationship the African American community has had with the police, who have been especially violent and racist toward them. If I were in their shoes, there's a good chance I'd be calling for the same thing.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 5:41 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Cool story, I've mostly found her to be a fountain of disinformation.

I'm aware that Patrisse Cullors has bought a home and that there was discussion over whether or not it was appropriate. That said, I asked you who's been charged with embezzlement? and the answer is no one.

It's not surprising that people who are hostile to BLM will cling to any accusation to reach the conclusion that they ought not to be supported but typically those people would be hostile no matter what and everything else is just rationalizing that hostility.

Do you commit a crime only when charged with said crime? It's pretty simple stuff. She took donation money and went on a property spending spree with it.

BLM also said umpteen times they want to dissolve the police force and the police force are the first step in passing evidence of criminal activity to the prosecution services........including race crimes. With no police there is no ability to take cases to the courts. It's like banning wheels and pretending cars can still roll

BLM actually don't care in the slightest about black lives.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 5:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Nades wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

And just how is that?

While it's doubtlessly a bad idea to do away with law enforcement, one has to remember the bad relationship the African American community has had with the police, who have been especially violent and racist toward them. If I were in their shoes, there's a good chance I'd be calling for the same thing.

There might be a culture clash between where I live and the US. I live in an almost entirely white area which has also suffered extreme exploitation bordering on slavery for well over a century.

I have no respect for BLM period. Perhaps it's different to the "new world" like in the US, but where I'm from where white kids used to get blown up in mines and many not even paid actual currency for working 12 hour days, I just don't really care either way.

I'm probably never likely to respect BLM really.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 6:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
What BLM wants to dismantle is the ingrained racism in American society. I think this is the primary reason why so many oppose them.

And to funnel off donations to buy million-dollar properties. :mrgreen: