George Floyd Mural Destroyed by Lightning.

Page 5 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 10:18 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
This makes absolutely no sense to me.
Maybe I do do stupid well, after all. :scratch:

One can recognize that a mindset isn't logical and still observe that the mindset exists. Believing that white guilt isn't rational doesn't mean it's not something that exists in the real world.

Your logic earlier explains why you don't personally feel it but it doesn't neutralize the idea or disprove it's existence or make the concept no longer valid. It's like how an atheist explaining why they don't believe in gods doesn't make religion go away.

If the concept is irrational/illogical, it is invalid in the context of a logical argument.
Foolishness does indeed exist, but it is still stupidity.
I suggest you don't embrace the nonsense. 8)

It's not a matter of embracing it or not embracing it, it's a matter of whether or not it's sociologically relevant.

Dismissing it with well that's stupid and I don't get how anyone could see things that way makes it strongly appear that you don't understand the topic well enough to make worthwhile contributions to a discussion on it and that you don't wish to understand it beyond your own personal feelings about the term.

Lots of opinions and mindsets I consider foolish still inform enough of the population to be relevant, I don't get to pretend those opinions and mindsets don't exist because I think they're stupid.

Person A: Let's discuss how a mindset impacts a society.
Person B: I've observed it having these impacts.
Person C: I've observed it being this common.
Person D: DERP YOU GUYS ARE STUPID BECAUSE ANYONE WHO TAKES THIS SERIOUS IS STUPID.

Person D has nothing worthwhile to contribute to the discussion.

Bottom line?
Stupidity is still stupidity. 8)

I have noticed, on websites in general, that many people have little understanding of the concepts of credibility and integrity.
To some, it is all point-scoring and never admitting they made a mistake.
Often, in a political context, it is a simple-minded approach to simply service a narrative created by someone else.

The problem for people like that, is every time they bastardise the Truth, obfuscate, gaslight, engage in hyperpartisanship/tunnel-vision, they lose both credibility and integrity.
If this happens time and time again, people have a right to dismiss what is being said as nonsense because that person has a history of espousing ill-considered and logically invalid opinions.

It is the nature of the human beast to use heuristics in this complicated life system, to reduce the mental energy required in everyday life.
When it becomes clear that someone seems incapable of presenting a logical, considered argument, it is only natural for a heuristic to be applied.

This is why credibility is important.
If one has none, one is considered a fool, and any argument that may have some validity is perfunctorily dismissed.
This is the simple consequence of people who chose not to engage in due diligence, time and time again.
Simples. 8)

Why do I have this "feeling" of irony? :scratch:

Are you suggesting because you don't personally experience what is described as white guilt that it's not a valid concept within sociology?

For all the words you've posted so far (after being the guy to bring the topic up) you still haven't addressed whether or not it's a valid concept or really anything except that you've had some struggles, that you don't feel any personal attachments to why people might feel white guilt and that therefore it's stupid and shouldn't be considered as though your mind is the only mind out there processing the facts and that the members of a society might feel differently than you on a wide number of topics and that they might be influenced by how they feel instead of how you feel. For starters white guilt isn't based around personal guilt, your statement I feel sorry, but not guilt would be typical of how many people would express their white guilt.

I think QAnon is BS, but I recognize that it's a valid topic to discuss how it influences people.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 4:05 am

It's interesting that Fox owned media like Sky News is more credible than the FBI?
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/fb ... new-report

Most peculiar?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 5:26 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
This makes absolutely no sense to me.
Maybe I do do stupid well, after all. :scratch:

One can recognize that a mindset isn't logical and still observe that the mindset exists. Believing that white guilt isn't rational doesn't mean it's not something that exists in the real world.

Your logic earlier explains why you don't personally feel it but it doesn't neutralize the idea or disprove it's existence or make the concept no longer valid. It's like how an atheist explaining why they don't believe in gods doesn't make religion go away.

If the concept is irrational/illogical, it is invalid in the context of a logical argument.
Foolishness does indeed exist, but it is still stupidity.
I suggest you don't embrace the nonsense. 8)

It's not a matter of embracing it or not embracing it, it's a matter of whether or not it's sociologically relevant.

Dismissing it with well that's stupid and I don't get how anyone could see things that way makes it strongly appear that you don't understand the topic well enough to make worthwhile contributions to a discussion on it and that you don't wish to understand it beyond your own personal feelings about the term.

Lots of opinions and mindsets I consider foolish still inform enough of the population to be relevant, I don't get to pretend those opinions and mindsets don't exist because I think they're stupid.

Person A: Let's discuss how a mindset impacts a society.
Person B: I've observed it having these impacts.
Person C: I've observed it being this common.
Person D: DERP YOU GUYS ARE STUPID BECAUSE ANYONE WHO TAKES THIS SERIOUS IS STUPID.

Person D has nothing worthwhile to contribute to the discussion.

Bottom line?
Stupidity is still stupidity. 8)

I have noticed, on websites in general, that many people have little understanding of the concepts of credibility and integrity.
To some, it is all point-scoring and never admitting they made a mistake.
Often, in a political context, it is a simple-minded approach to simply service a narrative created by someone else.

The problem for people like that, is every time they bastardise the Truth, obfuscate, gaslight, engage in hyperpartisanship/tunnel-vision, they lose both credibility and integrity.
If this happens time and time again, people have a right to dismiss what is being said as nonsense because that person has a history of espousing ill-considered and logically invalid opinions.

It is the nature of the human beast to use heuristics in this complicated life system, to reduce the mental energy required in everyday life.
When it becomes clear that someone seems incapable of presenting a logical, considered argument, it is only natural for a heuristic to be applied.

This is why credibility is important.
If one has none, one is considered a fool, and any argument that may have some validity is perfunctorily dismissed.
This is the simple consequence of people who chose not to engage in due diligence, time and time again.
Simples. 8)

Why do I have this "feeling" of irony? :scratch:

Are you suggesting because you don't personally experience what is described as white guilt that it's not a valid concept within sociology?

I am saying, the concept that *all* Caucasians have collective guilt, due to their genetic coding, is absolute nonsense.
It is as absurd as saying all humanity is burdened with original sin simply because Adam and Eve enjoyed some hanky-panky. :lmao:
Do you agree? 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 5:24 pm

No one should feel guilt for something that they're ancestors, or particular group they belong to, had done, but which they personally were not responsible for.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 5:39 pm

Pepe wrote:
I am saying, the concept that *all* Caucasians have collective guilt, due to their genetic coding, is absolute nonsense.
It is as absurd as saying all humanity is burdened with original sin simply because Adam and Eve enjoyed some hanky-panky. :lmao:
Do you agree? 8)

Of course the notion that it's related to genetic coding is absurd, but that's not what the concept of white guilt states so it's a weird angle to approach the topic from.

It's never been suggested to stem from anything inherent to white people (since the notion of white people is a social construct) and to instead stem from empathy being triggered when learning about colonialism, slavery, The Holocaust, institutional racism within colonial states, etc. When people find out their people, their nation did that most people feel empathy and compassion for those harmed by those actions and institutions.

This empathy and compassion is sometimes parodied as a sense of personal guilt by some commentators, but that doesn't mean that that's an accurate take on the concept.

It's fair to say most people (whether white or otherwise) will feel sorrow, compassion and empathy for people harmed by historic racism.

It's not fair to misrepresent that reaction as feeling a sense of personal guilt (which is why debunking it as such is ridiculous). It's also not fair to suggest that any genetic basis is being implied.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 7:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
No one should feel guilt for something that they're ancestors, or particular group they belong to, had done, but which they personally were not responsible for.

I think I luv you. :heart:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 7:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Do you agree? 8)

Of course the notion that it's related to genetic coding is absurd, but that's not what the concept of white guilt states so it's a weird angle to approach the topic from.

Some fools literally believe all Caucasians have collective guilt.
Talk to them. 8)

funeralxempire wrote:
It's never been suggested to stem from anything inherent to white people (since the notion of white people is a social construct) and to instead stem from empathy being triggered when learning about colonialism, slavery, The Holocaust, institutional racism within colonial states, etc.

You forgot institutionalised gang-stalking.
I have been gang-stalked all my life by a Caucasian community.
I have no great affinity with such a society.
I reject the notion that I have white privilege, due to colonisation. 8)

funeralxempire wrote:
When people find out their people, their nation did that most people feel empathy and compassion for those harmed by those actions and institutions.

So where is the universal compassion for those who have been ritually abused?
You yourself even forum-stalked me by denying the existence of gang-stalking in the community.
I had to transfer my thread to the haven to stop your psychological abuse.
Are you prepared to apologise for that unconscionable behaviour?
Do you feel personally guilty for that?
There seems to be a presence of hypocrisy, in the air. 8)

*That* was the reason I gave you the flick.
You were acting just like a gang-stalker. 8O :mrgreen:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 7:52 pm

It's because God doesn't like idols, right? But God didn't have any problem with all those statues of saints.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 9:33 pm

Pepe wrote:
So where is the universal compassion for those who have been ritually abused?
You yourself even forum-stalked me by denying the existence of gang-stalking in the community.
I had to transfer my thread to the haven to stop your psychological abuse.
Are you prepared to apologise for that unconscionable behaviour?
Do you feel personally guilty for that?
There seems to be a presence of hypocrisy, in the air. 8)

*That* was the reason I gave you the flick.
You were acting just like a gang-stalker. 8O :mrgreen:

No, I stand by what I said about most experiences of gangstalking being the result of mental health issues and delusions of persecution.

I'm sorry if you were in crisis at the moment and saying that upset you, but I'm not sorry for saying that.

I've suffered delusions of that sort at points in my life and had to make peace with the exact same thing I told you; that's why I feel comfortable telling other posters who are describing delusional experiences that they're experiencing a delusion and that delusions undermine one's ability to realize what's actually going on vs. what they're experiencing to be going on.

Expressing disagreement isn't psychological abuse or stalking. It's disagreeing.
Stating the professional consensus on what gangstalking is really doesn't amount to an unconscionable behaviour and I don't feel any personal guilt; I don't even understand how you could expect me to.

It's like if you posted that you had proof the earth was flat and I said most experts support the 'round earth' hypothesis.

People can disagree with you, dislike you or have an unpleasant interaction with you without being flying monkeys all working together to make you miserable. Sometimes unpleasant interactions are just unpleasant and the only thing that links them all together is that you were involved.

If I was acting just like a gangstalker it's because I found you unpleasant to interact with and was sometimes childish in response, especially if I saw you being rude, snarky or condescending to posters I find pleasant, agreeable or both. Just like a gangstalker ultimately being a synonym for someone who's hostile, but with the root cause of that hostility misidentified due to mental health concerns.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 10:47 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think I luv you. :heart:

Well, what I posted is no different from anything I've posted in the past.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 11:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Well if we can't feel guilt for what our ancestors did that means we're not culpable for great great grandpa Adam and great great grandma Eve did.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 12:03 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well if we can't feel guilt for what our ancestors did that means we're not culpable for great great grandpa Adam and great great grandma Eve did.

We're talking about flawed human nature given to bad choices in that case, whether we accept the Adam and Eve story, itself.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 12:04 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Notice: They are both "whities". 8)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 12:07 am

Pepe wrote:
Notice: They are both "whities". 8)
They haven't had time to develop a tan yet. They were born yesterday :P

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 12:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

We're talking about flawed human nature given to bad choices in that case, whether we accept the Adam and Eve story, itself.

You are a committed Christian.
It is your duty to believe in religious excentricities.
I should know.
I was one too. 8)

Bad choices?
Wanting to be enlightened via the fruit of knowledge is a bad choice?
Sounds like he is trying to discourage critical thinking. 8)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 12:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Does that count as special pleading?