George Floyd Mural Destroyed by Lightning.

Page 3 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 1:05 am

Looks like the rodents are celebrating this "act of god"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 83993.html

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 1:32 am

cyberdad wrote:

The specific choice of wording to describe those being discussed in the article is certainly unfortunate:
Quote:
During the Holocaust, Nazis referred to Jews as rats. Hutus involved in the Rwanda genocide called Tutsis cockroaches. Slave owners throughout history considered slaves subhuman animals. In Less Than Human, David Livingstone Smith argues that it's important to define and describe dehumanization, because it's what opens the door for cruelty and genocide.

Source: 'Less Than Human': The Psychology Of Cruelty

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 1:47 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The specific choice of wording to describe those being discussed in the article is certainly unfortunate:
Quote:
During the Holocaust, Nazis referred to Jews as rats. Hutus involved in the Rwanda genocide called Tutsis cockroaches. Slave owners throughout history considered slaves subhuman animals. In Less Than Human, David Livingstone Smith argues that it's important to define and describe dehumanization, because it's what opens the door for cruelty and genocide.

In this case, Donny Jr. deserves to be called a rat and worse for suggesting God struck the mural of a murder victim.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 2:45 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Quote:

Damn, some on the left have misappropriated a number of Nazi strategies, including misrepresentation, gaslighting, and dehumanisation practices. 8O
Well done! :thumright:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 3:20 am

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Quote:

Damn, some on the left have misappropriated a number of Nazi strategies, including misrepresentation, gaslighting, and dehumanisation practices. 8O

Nobody on the left is dehumanizing Don Trump Jr. by calling him a rat. He's the one who suggested the Almighty doesn't approve of a mural dedicated to a man murdered by one who was supposed to protect him. That's pretty dehumanizing of George Floyd by Donny boy and friends.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 3:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Quote:

Nobody on the left is dehumanizing Don Trump Jr. by calling him a rat. He's the one who suggested the Almighty doesn't approve of a mural dedicated to a man murdered by one who was supposed to protect him. That's pretty dehumanizing of George Floyd by Donny boy and friends.

Assuming you have represented the situation correctly, it doesn't sound like "dehumanisation".
I think you have confused "dehumanisation" with "stupidity". :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 5:48 am

Looks like Godwin's law strikes again!

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 7:29 am

Somehow everything is connected to Trump.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 3:46 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Quote:

Assuming you have represented the situation correctly, it doesn't sound like "dehumanisation".

We all know the ideology behind Donny boy's statement. It's both dehumanizing and stupid.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 3:49 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

Donny Trump Jr. said God smote the Floyd mural because God disapproved of celebrating this victim of police violence, which is a reflection of the prejudiced ideology his old man promoted. So, yes, it all leads back to Trump.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 3:58 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

No, in this case it's connected to his son, I mean, DJTJ is his fault, but DJTJ's also a grown man who can be held responsible for his own terrible statements.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 5:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Quote:

We all know the ideology behind Donny boy's statement. It's both dehumanizing and stupid.

I did a quick Google.
I have the impression D Trump was being hyperpartisan, rather than engaging in literal dehumanisation practices.
Both sides of the political divide do this.
I guess it is the case of: "What is good for the goose is good for the gander."
What else is new? 8)

Are you misrepresenting the situation? 8O
Be careful.
Your credibility rating may be downgraded if you are. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 5:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

No, in this case it's connected to his son, I mean, DJTJ is his fault, but DJTJ's also a grown man who can be held responsible for his own terrible statements.

Who is responsible for the: All Caucasians have collective white guilt", statement? :scratch:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 5:48 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Who is responsible for the: All Caucasians have collective white guilt", statement? :scratch:

What exactly is the problem with that statement? Are you suggesting some white people are indifferent to the tragedies that colonialism inflicted?

People who are aware of that and internalize the concept that those actions were 'their team' tend to have a sense of collective guilt, this guilt because it's tied to a white identity is referred to as white guilt.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 6:05 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Quote:

I did a quick Google.
I have the impression D Trump was being hyperpartisan, rather than engaging in literal dehumanisation practices.
Both sides of the political divide do this.
I guess it is the case of: "What is good for the goose is good for the gander."
What else is new? 8)

Are you misrepresenting the situation? 8O
Be careful.
Your credibility rating may be downgraded if you are. 8)

Hyperpartisanism is usually associated with ideology, which in this case is far right wing.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 6:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

What exactly is the problem with that statement? Are you suggesting some white people are indifferent to the tragedies that colonialism inflicted?

People who are aware of that and internalize the concept that those actions were 'their team' tend to have a sense of collective guilt, this guilt because it's tied to a white identity is referred to as white guilt.

lol.
*I* have no "team".
I have been a pariah.
I have been gang-stalked by *Caucasians* all my life because I was ritually abused.

I feel no guilt for what happened to the Jewish community in the Holocaust.
I wasn't even born then.
I feel sorry, but not guilt.

And I had nothing to do with what happened to indigenous people, in history.
The concept is childish and a logical nonsense.
Next, you will be saying I should accept "original sin" for what Adam and Eve did. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Utter stupidity.
I don't do "stupid" well. 8)