Anyone Keeping Up With the January 6th Riot?

Page 2 of 23 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jul 2021, 11:36 am

But there wasn't anything peaceful about the events of 6 January. Just a bunch of mostly brainless individuals who were whipped up into a frenzy by someone who has no scruples ad uses people to his advantage. An attempted insurrection in my own country, purportedly a protest against the incarceration of a former president, caused a lot of damage to many hundreds of businesses and infrastructure, and people died, just as they did in the US on 6 January. In the US was a bunch of "protesters" who refuse to acknowledge the results of a free and fair election process.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 11:39 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
So Mr Reynholm thinks there was no insurrection in this universe? :roll:

You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class. Thats why the whole "Russia" hoax. The establishment types could not admit that THEY were the problem. The visceral reaction to Trump over the last 4 years is a warning to any private citizen who dares to run for president again.

Peaceful????Armed thugs invading the capital??A noose on the lawn for Pence?In any other nation it would be called an attempted coup.
Exactly what it was.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Jul 2021, 12:08 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class.
No, it was a violent and coordinated attempt at denying the results of a free and fair election on the basis of the totally evidence-free ravings of a pouty, butthurt Trump, who had been stoking this up for weeks before the election and immediately before the attack started.

That's why most Republicans are dead set against an investigation into it - they have nothing left but Trump and nothing to say that hasn't been said for them by Trump. They're a disgrace to the position they hold and blind to the oath they took before the American people on taking office.
But they'll discover soon enough that everything Trump touches turns to s**t - and then you won't see them for the dust raised by neck-wrenching U-turns as they try to save their asses and corporate donations.

Worse, they're attempting to play it down; that is utterly despicable.
And then there's pro-trump political commentator Julie Kelly calling the police officers testifying at the riot hearing "crisis actors". This is the same insanity tossed around about Sandy Hook but once again, certain types of Americans don't disappoint and are willing to scrape the barrel ever deeper in search of the bottom.

It's as deeply saddening as it is sickening, and I despair for America.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 12:23 pm

The January 6th coup attempt was a planned event -- they even had tee-shirts made!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 12:52 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class. Thats why the whole "Russia" hoax. The establishment types could not admit that THEY were the problem. The visceral reaction to Trump over the last 4 years is a warning to any private citizen who dares to run for president again.

If that was the goal they would have served him a Kennedy special and been done with it.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 2:01 pm

Would it seriously kill the GOP to move to the center. Maybe, just maybe, they can win without gerrymandering, voter suppression or storming the Capitol.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 2:05 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Peaceful? The RIOTERS physically assaulted police officers protecting the capitol, in fact causing the death of one, revealing they believe in "blue lives matter" only when it's convenient. The real motivation of the rioters was revealed by how they hurled racist slurs at the non-white officers. That's not to mention the horrendous physical vandalism they had committed, including theft and defecating in the halls.
There was no Russian hoax, as Russian aid to Trump had been demonstrated by investigators and the prosecution at the two impeachment trials. The said impeachment failed only because the Republican run senate was more concerned about partisanship than loyalty and love of country.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 3:35 pm

It's a great mistake to think of Trump and his Cult as being Conservative. They are, in fact, anything but Conservative. They are radicals.

Conservatives want to preserve things as they are. If changes are to be made, they should be made slowly out of caution in order to avoid causing greater problems.

Radicals want to tear things down. They want change NOW. Change becomes more important than the results.

Trump and his Cult are far from Conservative. The January 6 attempted coup was yet another example of the extent of their radical, anti-American propensities.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 3:42 pm

I haven't been keeping up with it. I'm more interested in what the current administration is up to, which isn't good.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 6:22 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I haven't been keeping up with it. I'm more interested in what the current administration is up to, which isn't good.

Well let's see... Stimulus programs for middle and lower class Americans, rebuilding the economy, pushing back on voter disenfranchisement, winning back our traditional allies, putting Putin on notice...
Now just how isn't that good, again?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 6:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Well let's see... Stimulus programs for middle and lower class Americans, rebuilding the economy, pushing back on voter disenfranchisement, winning back our traditional allies, putting Putin on notice...

He's backed away from the $15 minimum wage, backed away from taking on big pharm to lower drug prices, bombed Syria twice, and is now bombing Somali.

Could you provide proper citations for your assertions that the stimulus package is helping the middle and working class? I'd love to peruse them. If it's anything like the CARES Act, I wouldn't be terribly impressed. That was the biggest transfer of power to the billionaire class ever.

Thank you!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 6:55 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

He's backed away from the $15 minimum wage, backed away from taking on big pharm to lower drug prices, bombed Syria twice, and is now bombing Somali.

Could you provide proper citations for your assertions that the stimulus package is helping the middle and working class? I'd love to peruse them. If it's anything like the CARES Act, I wouldn't be terribly impressed. That was the biggest transfer of power to the billionaire class ever.

Thank you!

You're serious about the middle class stimulus package? I can say from personal experience, it certainly helped my family.
The minimum wage hike isn't a done issue, yet. And by the way, I'm amazed that any of you guys on the right are siding with raising the minimum wage at all.
As for pharmaceutical costs - - give the guy a chance to accomplish something! He hasn't even been in office a year, yet.
I confess I know nothing about the bombings you mentioned, so I can't comment on them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 6:57 pm

kokopelli wrote:
It's a great mistake to think of Trump and his Cult as being Conservative. They are, in fact, anything but Conservative. They are radicals.

Conservatives want to preserve things as they are. If changes are to be made, they should be made slowly out of caution in order to avoid causing greater problems.

Radicals want to tear things down. They want change NOW. Change becomes more important than the results.

Trump and his Cult are far from Conservative. The January 6 attempted coup was yet another example of the extent of their radical, anti-American propensities.

They're reactionaries. They're more utopian than traditional conservatives.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:10 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/audio-shows- ... 58498.html

By the way, here's something else showing the right's disgust for these hero police officers.
I gotta say, this is genuinely making me see red.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:14 pm

kokopelli wrote:

They are radicalised conservatives, no running away from their right wing conservative credentials. Even so-called moderate republicans tow their line.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:20 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Would it seriously kill the GOP to move to the center.

A lot of GOP politicians are acting like they will be killed if they move to the center.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman