Page 3 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,363
Location: Tulsa, OK

29 Sep 2021, 8:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would a nurse NOT take the vaccine? That doesn't make sense.

My Body My Choice.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,103
Location: Stendec

29 Sep 2021, 8:31 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would a nurse NOT take the vaccine? That doesn't make sense.
My Body My Choice.
He has you there, Kortie.  Some choose life, some choose death, and no one can force which choice to make.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,535
Location: Long Island, New York

29 Sep 2021, 9:13 am

Anti vaccine mandate protesters stage eat in at Staten Island, NY food court
https://youtu.be/PL49_gvCXbE


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,418
Location: Melbourne, Australia

29 Sep 2021, 11:40 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
How about this crazy new governor of NY? She is firing nurses and replacing them with the National Guard and then says the vaccine is from God.

I never said it was the mark of the beast.
This woman is an authoritarian whack job and is probably worse then Cuomo. I doubt anything the government wants to force upon you is a gift from God.

And in responce to the claim the vaccine was from God:
Quote:
New York Atheists Claim Religious Exemption From Vaccine After Governor Claims That It’s From God

ALBANY, NY—New York atheists have come out in force against the COVID-19 vaccine after learning that their state’s Governor Kathy Hochul claimed that God made the scientists, doctors, and researchers invent the vaccine. The state’s atheists were further incensed when Hochul displayed a religious emblem hanging from her neck that symbolized her acceptance of the holy vaccine.

Crowds of atheists pressed into the State Health Department’s headquarters to submit forms seeking religious exemptions from the vaccine requirement.

"We're sick of these religious nutjobs in government forcing their religious convictions on the rest of us!" said Brett Winstone, president of the local Free Thinkers Society chapter. "This is not a theocracy! You will not force your god vaccine into our atheist veins!"

“A religious exemption for atheists like me makes perfect sense,” said fervent atheist Craig Nostic. “I mean, we’re always thinking about religion and talking about religion. My Christian friends are actually kind of sick of how I won’t stop talking about religion."

When word spread that their religious exemptions would be accepted, the crowd of atheists fell to their knees in humility and offered praise and gratitude to the cold, unforgiving, empty, endless void.

Source: https://babylonbee.com/news/new-york-atheists-claim-religious-exemption-from-vaccine-after-governors-claim-that-its-from-god
For those who require\desire this spoiler: the above article is from a satirical site...


_________________
Quote:
"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

Quote:
"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell


Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,363
Location: Tulsa, OK

29 Sep 2021, 3:28 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
How about this crazy new governor of NY? She is firing nurses and replacing them with the National Guard and then says the vaccine is from God.

I never said it was the mark of the beast.
This woman is an authoritarian whack job and is probably worse then Cuomo. I doubt anything the government wants to force upon you is a gift from God.

And in responce to the claim the vaccine was from God:
Quote:
New York Atheists Claim Religious Exemption From Vaccine After Governor Claims That It’s From God

ALBANY, NY—New York atheists have come out in force against the COVID-19 vaccine after learning that their state’s Governor Kathy Hochul claimed that God made the scientists, doctors, and researchers invent the vaccine. The state’s atheists were further incensed when Hochul displayed a religious emblem hanging from her neck that symbolized her acceptance of the holy vaccine.

Crowds of atheists pressed into the State Health Department’s headquarters to submit forms seeking religious exemptions from the vaccine requirement.

"We're sick of these religious nutjobs in government forcing their religious convictions on the rest of us!" said Brett Winstone, president of the local Free Thinkers Society chapter. "This is not a theocracy! You will not force your god vaccine into our atheist veins!"

“A religious exemption for atheists like me makes perfect sense,” said fervent atheist Craig Nostic. “I mean, we’re always thinking about religion and talking about religion. My Christian friends are actually kind of sick of how I won’t stop talking about religion."

When word spread that their religious exemptions would be accepted, the crowd of atheists fell to their knees in humility and offered praise and gratitude to the cold, unforgiving, empty, endless void.

Source: https://babylonbee.com/news/new-york-atheists-claim-religious-exemption-from-vaccine-after-governors-claim-that-its-from-god
For those who require\desire this spoiler: the above article is from a satirical site...

To be fair to Kathy, she never said which god. Maybe it was the god of this world; Lucifer.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 105,690
Location: the island of defective toy santas

29 Sep 2021, 8:54 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would a nurse NOT take the vaccine? That doesn't make sense.

My Body My Choice.

if a pregnant woman said that about her own body, i'm sure you'd agree wholeheartedly.



DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,317
Location: Northern California

29 Sep 2021, 9:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would a nurse NOT take the vaccine? That doesn't make sense.

My Body My Choice.

if a pregnant woman said that about her own body, i'm sure you'd agree wholeheartedly.


I’m sure a lot of people have been put in an awkward position when it comes to this phrase. I was just having a conversation with a friend about this. I understand it all gets complicated by vested public interest and all that, but we both agreed that no one should be forcing anyone to do something with their body they do not wish to.

That does not, however, mean that people can never be confronted with the costs of that choice, such as losing a job. Yet even then, the default should be choice, and no further requirements without strongly compelling reasons supported by science.

It is always easy to argue why what you personally want is different. But we are supposed to be a nation that values freedom, and we need to do our very best to live together safely and in peace while still honoring that. That happens best one on one, person to person, finding balances that work for each unique situation.

No one ever said getting to the best answers would be easy.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 732

30 Sep 2021, 7:33 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
How about this crazy new governor of NY? She is firing nurses and replacing them with the National Guard...


Have you noticed how the people wailing about the burden of Covid on hospitals are often oddly silent about the burden of shedding and blacklisting sizeable chunks of the hospitals workforce.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,103
Location: Stendec

30 Sep 2021, 8:04 am

SpiceWolf wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
How about this crazy new governor of NY? She is firing nurses and replacing them with the National Guard...
Have you noticed how the people wailing about the burden of Covid on hospitals are often oddly silent about the burden of shedding and blacklisting sizeable chunks of the hospitals workforce.
Have you noticed how many stupid people are refusing a life-saving vaccine because they do not like to be told what to do?



SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 732

30 Sep 2021, 8:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Frankly, a lot of people are reluctant to take the vaccine because of erroneous information which is passed over various media.


No, most of the reluctant are reluctant because they no longer trust the health authorities.
It wasn't Twitter, or Facebook that did that, it was nonsense like this.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-23/ ... /100316092

The Prime minister has no medical qualifications.
So when he goes and blatantly inserts himself into the drug approval process then the public trust in such institutions, plummets.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,103
Location: Stendec

30 Sep 2021, 9:02 am

SpiceWolf wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Frankly, a lot of people are reluctant to take the vaccine because of erroneous information which is passed over various media.
No, most of the reluctant are reluctant because they no longer trust the health authorities...
... because of erroneous information which is passed over various media -- misinformation and outright lies spread by anti-vaxx, anti-science, anti-mask, and anti-mandate losers on Facebook and Instagram, as well as by Donald Trump (and his followers), evangelical leaders, far-right radio personalities, and Republican Senators.



Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,418
Location: Melbourne, Australia

30 Sep 2021, 12:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Frankly, a lot of people are reluctant to take the vaccine because of erroneous information which is passed over various media.
No, most of the reluctant are reluctant because they no longer trust the health authorities...
... because of erroneous information which is passed over various media -- misinformation and outright lies spread by anti-vaxx, anti-science, anti-mask, and anti-mandate losers on Facebook and Instagram, as well as by Donald Trump (and his followers), evangelical leaders, far-right radio personalities, and Republican Senators.

Image


_________________
Quote:
"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

Quote:
"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell


uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 661

30 Sep 2021, 2:00 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Frankly, a lot of people are reluctant to take the vaccine because of erroneous information which is passed over various media.
No, most of the reluctant are reluctant because they no longer trust the health authorities...
... because of erroneous information which is passed over various media -- misinformation and outright lies spread by anti-vaxx, anti-science, anti-mask, and anti-mandate losers on Facebook and Instagram, as well as by Donald Trump (and his followers), evangelical leaders, far-right radio personalities, and Republican Senators.

Image


"The government is lying, covid isn't real, you can't trust the government, you can't believe the government, they just lie for their own benefit, they'd do anything to maintain power, they'll use whatever they can to control people, they'll divide us and keep us fighting among ourselves!! !"

So institutional racism isn't really THAT far-fetched, since that's merely another form government lying and control, which keeps people fighting with each other, right?

"HEY HEY HEY hey heyyyyyy, let's not go making wild assumptions about the government, they wouldn't do something like THAT, racism isn't real, The Totally Noble Government totally ended slavery cos fairness and the american way!"

So the evil american lying government will do anything to control people and maintain power, including lying cheating and murdering, but RACISM is a bridge-too-far, and they'd NEVER do something like that?

C'mon now. This isn't a Meatloaf song, where they'd do anything for love power, but they won't do THAT. But please, don't let real-world consistency of ideology ruin your "clever" meme retort.

As convenient as it is to just say "all politicians are lying!", the reality is there are 50 senators, over 500 representatives, and thousands of thousands of people working for the federal and state government, most of them ordinary people, and to say they're all lying is either / both a major disservice to plenty of honest and hardworking people, or more a reflection of your own cynicism rather than the actual state of the world.

Cos yeah, I'm sure that the former president and his horde spending all day every day literally telling people not to trust the health authorities had no effect on people's desire to trust the health authorities.

I'm too lazy to meme right now, but picture the meme of the sweating guy choosing between two buttons.

(Never trust the government!)

(Trust the government when it says NOT to trust the government!)

"You can't trust the government!"

How do you know?

"President Trump and Senator Ted Cruz said so! Mitch McConnel agrees!"

Riiiiiiiiight... :roll:

But, y'know, "don't trust the government" - (except when they say so...)

Not that you're even beholden to, or live under the control of, the government you take such delight in criticizing.

But please, continue. It's entertaining.



TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,036
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

30 Sep 2021, 2:24 pm

When people got sick/died from letting the government inject them with experimental anthrax vaccinations, did anyone think, "what were these idiots thinking?"

What about people who die every year from flu vaccinations?

What about people who died from COVID vaccinations?

What about Tuskegee "good blood" shots?

Image


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,775
Location: I'm right here

30 Sep 2021, 2:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
How about this crazy new governor of NY? She is firing nurses and replacing them with the National Guard...
Have you noticed how the people wailing about the burden of Covid on hospitals are often oddly silent about the burden of shedding and blacklisting sizeable chunks of the hospitals workforce.
Have you noticed how many stupid people are refusing a life-saving vaccine because they do not like to be told what to do?


You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop him from punching himself in the face repeatedly to own the libs.


_________________
Be reasonable, demand the impossible.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Tross
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 776

30 Sep 2021, 3:29 pm

That's mass stupidity at its finest. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it were just people who recognize they're making a choice and accept all the consequences that come with it, such as not going out. I would hope they wouldn't be in positions in fields such as health care, but I otherwise support their right to a source of income.

No, it's people who don't do what they're told who I have a problem with. They're the reason we're even still in this stupid pandemic. Heck, in my region they've crossed the line from annoying to immoral. They've been storming schools (and really upsetting kids), and even assembling in front of hospitals and blocking the way for ambulances. There are now going to be new laws that prohibit such actions, and I wholeheartedly support that because I'm done with these people. I tried to see things from their perspective, but I'm done with that. They need to be knocked down several...hundred pegs. If there was ever a group that just needs to shut up, it's them.

Mr Reynholm wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would a nurse NOT take the vaccine? That doesn't make sense.

My Body My Choice.
Normally, I'd agree, but nurses are people who work with others at a time when they're vulnerable, and can pose a huge risk for them. Laws are being put in place where I live that mandates they get vaccinated, along with anyone else in the health care field if they wish to continue to hold their position, and I 100% support that. If they still don't want the vaccine, there are plenty of other jobs they can apply for where they won't be a risk to the public while this pandemic is being dealt with. :roll: