Page 1 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 10:36 am

https://news.yahoo.com/tennessee-parents-protest-school-mask-205532981.html

What happened? People didn't bat an eye when polio vaccines were required, or measles or mumps or rubella. Now that the Delta variant is rampant, all of a sudden, it's an infringement of their "freedoms".

What changed?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 10:38 am

Trump.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 10:51 am

The fact that some of them still believe that vaccines cause autism, despite that being debunked years ago, proves they would rather their kids be dead from Covid than be "autistic".

So in addition to Trump, I would add Andrew Wakefield to stoking the sentiment.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 12:42 pm

The medical and media establishments have also set their credibility on fire these last few years, from Fauci's "noble lie" that masks were useless early on to prevent a run on PPE before flipping, to the different ways that right and left wing protests were treated (right wing events were super spreaders that would kill grandma, left wing ones were necessary protests and a reasonable risk), to inconsistency and arbitrary restrictions, such as in Michigan where yard stores had to close off certain sections for no reason that was ever made clear.

That's not even getting into the way the media as a whole stopped even pretending to be anything but an arm of the Democratic party (Fox excepted, obviously), and colluded with the major social media companies to control the flow of information that might damage what they saw as their political interests, up to and including actively censoring other media outlets with potentially damning stories. So no, I'm not at all surprised that so many people have zero trust in the vaccine being pushed on them by these very same people who've been lying to them for years, and you can't even really blame Trump, as he's the one who rushed the vaccines and has told his supporters to get them.

Do remember the fact that it was actually Biden, Harris, and other Democrats who were saying things like "I wouldn't trust whatever Donald Trump just rushed through production" and things to that effect all through 2020 out of fear that he'd actually get a working vaccine out before the election, it's very well documented.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 12:50 pm

What are they going to do once they "find" someone?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:00 pm

What has the government (or the CDC) done to earn our trust? It has done much more to make us wary.
Ask the black population of Tuskeegee Alabama if they trust the government vaccines.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:11 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
What changed?

The internet, social media echo chambers and "news" that is delivered in biased opinions, so the masses can find feel good confirmation biased information tailored to please and not offend reinforced by social media echo chambers. Extremism is on the rise because people are being conditioned to accept extreme ideas as a baseline.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:19 pm

if somebody gets in my face about getting "the mark of the beast," i will punch them in their stupid nose. i've HAD IT up to HERE [living in trumpland] with their fascist bullying ableist crap. so far my trumpy brother is playing nice.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:25 pm

Putting children in masks all day is a serious medical concern.

Protestor: "Children should have the right to breath oxygen".

Be the hero of your life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:29 pm

Does anyone realize the implications of somebody saying to someone who disagrees with you that they will “find you”?

Sounds very secret police-like.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:32 pm

IMO, parents who don't want children to stay safe (through the usage of what's already being used) are afraid that if a national mask mandate does go into effect, they want to avoid getting blood on their own hands.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:37 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
The fact that some of them still believe that vaccines cause autism, despite that being debunked years ago, proves they would rather their kids be dead from Covid than be "autistic".

So in addition to Trump, I would add Andrew Wakefield to stoking the sentiment.

I'm not so sure that many of them believe that the covid vaccines cause autism, but they do seem to be floundering around trying to find everything they can to blame on the vaccines.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:51 am

Dox47 wrote:
the different ways that right and left wing protests were treated (right wing events were super spreaders that would kill grandma, left wing ones were necessary protests and a reasonable risk),

Hmmm, it's my impression that the left-wing protesters were more likely to wear masks? Hence less risk?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Does anyone realize the implications of somebody saying to someone who disagrees with you that they will “find you”?

Sounds very secret police-like.

Next thing you know, they'll be endorsing a "gesundheitpass" to prove you are one of the "pure" vaccinated ones, and not one of the "others"...

Something like this, perhaps:

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:56 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
People didn't bat an eye when polio vaccines were required, or measles or mumps or rubella. Now that the Delta variant is rampant, all of a sudden, it's an infringement of their "freedoms".

What changed?

I'm not anti-vax. I'm anti-compulsory vax.

With things like measles or mumps or rubella, the vaccines proved effective. Moreover, the greater world wasn't shut down or quarantined for lack of vaccination. Proof may have been required for school children, but no adult was forced to show vaccination papers to conduct business.

With COVID, it's the exact opposite. People got their shots/double shots. It did nothing; the magistrate is still requiring PROOF of vaccination, and is now talking booster shots. When does it end? When in the past, with any other vaccination, has proof been required to enter a place of business? (ANSWER: Never!)

Cut the B.S. in trying to compare the COVID "vaccine" to any vaccination beforehand. Never before did the magistrate threaten to shut down services/take away rights FOR ALL over lack of vaccination (or for the vaccinated because others weren't vaccinated).

Liberal as you are, you're very much a Texan in your desire to FORCE others to comply with your narrow-minded beliefs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:17 am

↑ I must not be a Texan, then.  If you die of covid from having not been vaccinated, it is all on you, not me.