Page 2 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:49 am

The reason why all this crap didn't happen with the other vaccines....is because people voluntarily took the vaccines.

And the fact that they took the vaccines meant that the diseases were virtually eradicated.

If we did the same thing with COVID, it would be virtually eradicated, too.....and there would have been no need for these "mandates."

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The reason why all this crap didn't happen with the other vaccines....is because people voluntarily took the vaccines.

And the fact that they took the vaccines meant that the diseases were virtually eradicated.

If we did the same thing with COVID, it would be virtually eradicated, too.....and there would have been no need for these "mandates."

COVID seems to be like a cold or fever virus, and keeps mutating.

It doesn't seem like it will be virtually eradicated.

Be the hero of your life.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

The problem with the mandate was how they introduced it, as the "first" option, rather than a "last resort". This put off those who already didn't trust the\any government, as well as those who are more individualistic and don't like being told what to do.

Unfortunately, the totalitarian\authoritarian side "do what we say or be punished" was on display, rather than the more compassionate\concilliatory side which would work with people to convince them to do what was required without threat (or use) of "force". On the plus side, it has been useful to find out who the mini dictators are in society...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:09 am

Frankly, a lot of people are reluctant to take the vaccine because of erroneous information which is passed over various media.

I just don't feel that I would risk losing my job over not taking this vaccine. I truly wish this vaccine was more effective at PREVENTING COVID, rather than merely PREVENTING HOSPITALIZATIONS AND DEATH FROM COVID. But the prevention of serious illness enabled by the vaccines is enough for me to take the vaccine and not lose my job.

What people should realize----is that most people will get mild cases, yes.

But: too many people get serious cases--or get "long haul" COVID--for COVID to be relatively disregarded like most cases of influenza are.

This is a battle between the precepts of public health and the precepts of civil liberties.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:22 am

Mandates, schmandates ... as long as I get my booster next week, who cares if some ignorant slob refuses to get vaccinated at all?

The people most likely to die from covid are the same people who actively refuse to get vaccinated against it -- conspiracy theorists, evangelicals, Klan members, Proud Boys, QAnon followers, far-right neo-Conservatives, and Trumpsters -- and once they are all gone, the world will be a better place, and the rest of us can enjoy life without some MAGA hat-wearing weirdo shoving a Bible in our faces and telling us we are all going to Hell unless we vote Republican.

As much as they hate being "cancelled" and "erased", they will have no one to blame but themselves when it happens.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:50 am

The older generations thought vaccines were a life saver, because they were.They experienced polio, whooping cough and measles.Had family die from it.My sister in law had polio as a child, an older relative told me about having whooping cough and how you couldn’t catch your breath.The next generation didn’t see the deaths so lost all fear of these diseases.They have no idea of what these illness are capable of.Go to an old cemetery and look at all the tombstones of children from the pre vaccination era.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:52 am

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 11:37 am

Fnord wrote:
The people most likely to die from covid are the same people who actively refuse to get vaccinated against it -- conspiracy theorists, evangelicals, Klan members, Proud Boys, QAnon followers, far-right neo-Conservatives, and Trumpsters -- and once they are all gone, the world will be a better place, and the rest of us can enjoy life without some MAGA hat-wearing weirdo shoving a Bible in our faces and telling us we are all going to Hell unless we vote Republican.

Unfortunately, the people most likely to die from COVID are more likely the people who would like to get vaccinated but either haven't yet or can't. These include people with medical conditions that genuinely make vaccination unsafe for them, and also the 10% of Americans who are "unvaccinated but willing."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 11:48 am

Some anti-vaxxer I barely know tried to guilt-trip me over wanting to get the Pfizer booster because millions of kids are going completely without the vaccine in third-word countries.  This is the same basic tactic some adults used to discourage me when I wanted seconds on desert because "... there are starving kids in China".

Hey, just because someone else cannot have the vaccine does NOT mean I should go without!

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 4:42 pm

How about this crazy new governor of NY? She is firing nurses and replacing them with the National Guard and then says the vaccine is from God.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 4:48 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
How about this crazy new governor of NY? She is firing nurses and replacing them with the National Guard and then says the vaccine is from God.
G^D sending vaccines to fight a virus that may have escaped from a laboratory in an Atheist country makes sense to me.

Even if it is not true, it is no worse than declaring that the vaccines carry the Mark of The Beast.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
If you die of covid from having not been vaccinated, it is all on you.

Such people who refuse to get vaccinated, but later contract COVID-19 don't deserve sympathy at all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:14 pm

Why would a nurse NOT take the vaccine? That doesn't make sense.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 1:53 am

i just can't figure those people out. :scratch:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 2:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
i just can't figure those people out. :scratch:

That sort of thing happens when you continually attack and demonise\dehumanise a group of people with different views to your own, rather than communicating with them in a civil manner...

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 8:07 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:

I never said it was the mark of the beast.
This woman is an authoritarian whack job and is probably worse then Cuomo. I doubt anything the government wants to force upon you is a gift from God.