Page 13 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:56 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
At the risk of irritating Aspie1 (sorry), I would suggest he does know some (most?) of the things he writes are baseless. But there have been many positive effects to his personal life from buying in to a certain mindset, so he's going to own it and stick to it. I recommend stating your disagreement with the point and then letting it go. Let him feel happy. He's kind of indicated elsewhere, if I recall correctly, that he wouldn't do anything drastic, destructive, violent or dangerous (obviously important qualifications to my recommendation), and I don't see him winning converts here (not that I see all), so its his life, his choice. IMHO.
You didn't irritate me. :) The theories I suggest are true, but I also realize that it's like convincing a Jewish person that Jesus is the son of god. :D And you couldn't be more right: Q has had an extremely positive effect on my life since the day I joined it. It gave me my social life back. It gave me new friends. And it made me feel safe to discuss how I really feel about Biden-19, knowing I have like-minded friends who have my back.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 6:05 am

You were doing okay before QAnon, going on cruises and stuff.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Those avenues were gone with the pandemic, and he needed something else to get through it.

I wish he'd found something other than Q but it is what it is. Consider it a window into why the movement got popular.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:36 am

Yeah.....I understand all that...but still....the absurdity of the belief....and the negative impression it gives to humanity in general, whatever one's political persuasion.

It's a window into human psychology, and survival, true----but there still such thing as critical thinking.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 8:15 am

Aspie1 wrote:
... it was made in a lab to help him win. Using George Soros's money, Anthony Fauci's knowledge, and Wuhan's lab equipment and viral samples. Hence the name.

Of course, Democrats are realizing that Biden-19 is causing a lot more damage than they planned for. It was, after all, cheaply made in China, so its quality sucks. They planned to use the virus to help Biden win, then let it burn itself out after the election. But that didn't happen. So now they're pushing vaccines to reduce the damage they caused.
Lies.

All lies.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 9:09 am

"A disproportionately high percentage of the 700,000 Americans who have succumbed to COVID-19 died because, as Republicans, they refused to get vaccinated or to wear masks.  Now Donald Trump is gearing up for a possible reelection campaign.  He might really miss those lost voters." -- Ted Rall (2021-10-13)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:22 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Those avenues were gone with the pandemic, and he needed something else to get through it.

I wish he'd found something other than Q but it is what it is. Consider it a window into why the movement got popular.
Now you're speaking my language! :thumleft:

I have a hunch it's also why those protests got popular as well. People were getting cabin fever, and were desperate to do something active and social. But unlike the underground Q, those protests were front and center in the mainstream media like CNN.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:46 am

The problem is......is that loneliness makes people suggestible, and makes them get into idiot things.

That's happened to me.

This is when you REALLY have to do your critical thinking.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If somebody tells you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, and she tongue-kissed you, would you do it?

Why cut short my only opportunity to make out with a hot bridge? The Brooklyn Bridge is a legitimate BILF. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:51 am

Fnord wrote:
"A disproportionately high percentage of the 700,000 Americans who have succumbed to COVID-19 died because, as Republicans, they refused to get vaccinated or to wear masks.  Now Donald Trump is gearing up for a possible reelection campaign.  He might really miss those lost voters." -- Ted Rall (2021-10-13)

On the other hand, Biden's poll numbers are dropping because he cannot solve COVID.

Frustration is at an all time high; Biden's falling poll numbers
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

So these people are human sacrifices to bring Biden's poll numbers down.

Be the hero of your life.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The problem is......is that loneliness makes people suggestible, and makes them get into idiot things.

That's happened to me.

This is when you REALLY have to do your critical thinking.

So true!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 6:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That was the reason behind the lockdowns and the social distancing: it was supposed to make everyone lonely, to make people more receptive to the Great Reset and the New World Order the Democrats created.

Funny how it backfired with me. Instead of embracing those things, I joined QAnon. Kiss my poop-crusted butt, Democrats!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:09 pm

"A disproportionately high percentage of the 700,000 Americans who have succumbed to COVID-19 died because, as Republicans, they refused to get vaccinated or to wear masks. Now Donald Trump is gearing up for a possible reelection campaign. He might really miss those lost voters." -- Ted Rall (2021-10-13)

Elephant.....room.....

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:11 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
That was the reason behind the lockdowns and the social distancing: it was supposed to make everyone lonely, to make people more receptive to the Great Reset and the New World Order the Democrats created.

Funny how it backfired with me. Instead of embracing those things, I joined QAnon. Kiss my poop-crusted butt, Democrats!

Is this the New New World Order? The militia movement says the Democrats created the New World Order in the 90s.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 8:56 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Is this the New New World Order? The militia movement says the Democrats created the New World Order in the 90s.

It’s all baseless conspiracy theories.

IMHO

Ps - I was lucky, I wasn’t lonely. Both my adult kids were home and we had some really special times as a family. One last chance before they spread like seeds in the wind.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 12:55 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Kiss my poop-crusted butt, Democrats!

:eew: