Why Satanists may be the last, best hope to save abortion..

Page 4 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 10:21 am

Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I consider every baby a gift from Jesus.

So do I, but sometimes real life can get quite complicated, and sometimes trying to do right by person A harms persons B, C and D. It isn’t always clear what God wants from us or what the “right” answer is.

Well the Bible is real clear about murder."Thou Shall Not Murder"

Does the bible specifically define abortion as murder?

Well my church teaches that God wondefully makes babies in the womb so i would say yes.There is a verse in the Bible like in possibly Jeremiah that says that.....that God wonderfully creates babies in the womb so yes the Bible defines unborn babies as actual human beings.

Check Psalm 137:9

From my best study that verse only applied to the Ancient Israelities in pre-Christian times not the modern world today but thats just my interpretation.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 11:04 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

So do I, but sometimes real life can get quite complicated, and sometimes trying to do right by person A harms persons B, C and D. It isn’t always clear what God wants from us or what the “right” answer is.

The Bible is clear about murder.
It's also clear that not all killing is murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordeal_of ... tter_water

Sounds like the Bible is pro-abortion in that context. :nerdy:

Why is the bible even relevant to personal health and medical decisions made by patients and healthcare practitioners; people of science? :?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 12:06 pm

'The Divorce of Church And State'
Is Still A Several Century, Law-Suit
In Progress; Separating Slavery

Out of the Mix;

Giving Women
And Black Folks

A Right to Vote;

Giving Gays

The Right

to Marriage

Were Surely In-Roads
to Complete the Divorce

of the Marriage And then
The Church Got Desperate,
Divorced Jesus and Married Trump...

Things Got Really Messy After That

And It's Become A Whose in Charge

Dilemma of Who Is Married to Who...

It Doesn't Appear that The Court Case

Is Still Settled Yet; Anyway, It's A Real 'Jerry Springer Show' to Watch...

Pass the Popcorn Eve; i'm Ready to Return to the Garden For A While and Relax...

'Labor Day', 9.6.2021, Still in Progress; Apparently the Church Is Still Producing
iLLiGiTiMaTE 'Children
of God'; Hmm...

They Have

A Rather

'Orange
Tint' it Seems...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 12:32 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Well my church teaches that God wondefully makes babies in the womb so i would say yes.There is a verse in the Bible like in possibly Jeremiah that says that.....that God wonderfully creates babies in the womb so yes the Bible defines unborn babies as actual human beings.

Check Psalm 137:9

From my best study that verse only applied to the Ancient Israelities in pre-Christian times not the modern world today but thats just my interpretation.

Figured you would say something like that. Then why use Leviticus to condemn homosexuals?

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 12:33 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

The Bible is clear about murder.
It's also clear that not all killing is murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordeal_of ... tter_water

Sounds like the Bible is pro-abortion in that context. :nerdy:

Why is the bible even relevant to personal health and medical decisions made by patients and healthcare practitioners; people of science? :?

It isn't.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

06 Sep 2021, 12:38 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
It comes down to the real life reasons women end up having abortions. Without writing a book, lack of comprehensive, affordable healthcare and lack of proper information about conception top the list. So when healthcare and information access are increased, abortion goes down dramatically. When poverty is decreased, abortion goes down dramatically. Address these factors, and you pretty much solve the issue. You not only decrease abortion dramatically, but you also improve the outcomes for pregnant women and babies across the board. We have an embarrassingly high maternal and infant mortality rate for a developed nation; I don’t know why the pro-life political movement doesn’t seem to care about those babies. There will always be some abortions that are more elective, but those women also have the resources to get their abortions somewhere else if need be, so you really can’t affect those outcomes. You also can’t affect the abortions done out of medical necessity unless we get the medical profession to change its terminology; even removal of a dead fetus enters the data as an abortion. The proof the measures work is in the Netherlands, which has a lower abortion rate than most countries where it is illegal.

You should also be aware that I’ve had two different friends who have said they would never have had abortions if it had been legal at the time. They were underage and forced into it by adults. One had no idea that what her boyfriend talked her into was sex.

Societal attitudes towards out of wedlock birth also factor in, as does making it possible for teen mothers to complete their education by providing free childcare.

As Christians all these other measures should be things we support. They are part of caring for our neighbors.

"but those women also have the resources to get their abortions somewhere else if need be"
+
"They are part of caring for our neighbors."

I don't think these two can work together. I also honestly dont feel like you could be a caring neighbor to me, because you don't seem to understand my hardship to leave my own house, even more my city, or my state. My wish to be childless, my autism life struggles and my human rights upon my body and extended birth control. In US the only safe spermicide cream is by prescription and doctors rarely ever measure or prescribe diaphragms. Not to mention these can be lethal to people due to toxic shock syndrome. That leaves women with very low functioning condoms which break, especially thin ones which offer both partners pleasure, and with daily to take contraceptives which can affect moods and cause arthritis due to hormone disbalances, not to mention are easy to forget. When everything fails, there needs a backup plan. And I dont think a forming egg with a sperm stuck into it is more important than I am or should take my contraceptive rights away, unless some powerful disregarding beings think I should be made as a minority to submit to their beliefs and harbor children they want in the world inside myself. There's no higher disregard and cruelty than giving a woman in an intimate relationship no choice and putting her through that.

In communism abortion was illegal, women went to extremes risking their own life and harming themselves, even suicide because of this awful restriction to necessary health assistance. Some nurses did it illegally for patients, but they were risking their own lives by doing that. They popped children after children, unable to take care of them. Religious people say God told them to multiply, but i think we are at a point where we should stop, regardless f that dogma and belief. We are outnumbered. It makes no sense to not have the benefit of abortion in clinics anywhere in the world. One can't abort anytime, also. need to do it before a certain time. Before you get yourself mentally ready and can actually go and get it done, there is enough anxiety either way and the depression that comes after abortion regardlessly. This is not an easy choice, especially for different people in different circumstances. Freedom and health services are a necessity.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

06 Sep 2021, 12:55 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Why Satanists may be the last, best hope to save abortion rights in Texas

https://www.salon.com/2021/09/04/why-sa ... s-in-texas

Using religion for good for a change = 8)

What miserable humanity.
If a minority like Satanists has to fight for such women's rights by using actual religion to battle such a concept.

My heart goes out to them. :heart:
Somebody still got their head on their shoulders. Even if it's a goat head (Baph).

"Theistic Satanists venerate Satan as a supernatural deity, viewing him not as omnipotent but rather as a patriarch. In contrast, atheistic Satanists regard Satan as a symbol of certain human traits."

https://web.archive.org/web/20060829152745/http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/satanism/intro.html#atheistic/theistic

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 1:57 pm

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 2:20 pm

Rexi wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

What miserable humanity.
If a minority like Satanists has to fight for such women's rights by using actual religion to battle such a concept.

Somebody still got their head on their shoulders. Even if it's a goat head (Baph).

"Theistic Satanists venerate Satan as a supernatural deity, viewing him not as omnipotent but rather as a patriarch. In contrast, atheistic Satanists regard Satan as a symbol of certain human traits."

https://web.archive.org/web/20060829152745/http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/satanism/intro.html#atheistic/theistic

Instead of turning to Satan, why not invoke Lilith? I'm positive she's a demon who is more on the pro-choice side of things and an advocate for rebellious women everywhere. She's the original feminist. 8)

♤ The Military

Starlight2001
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2021, 3:12 pm

The way I look at it is that someone was going to try banning abortion eventually and I just want the thing to run its course as quickly as possible. We tried banning alcohol 100 years ago. It didn't work. People didn't stop drinking, they just did it secretly and illegally. If abortion is banned it will be the same. We'll just have back-alley abortions that are unsafe and more people will die unnecessarily. Eventually sanity will hopefully prevail and the ban will be lifted. Hopefully it will take less than a decade this time. I don't agree with abortion myself, but I know that making a law isn't going to solve the issue. Humanity will eventually naturally move away from it (given an increased acknowledgement of women's rights and the availability of other logical options) just like we moved away from stoning as a punishment. but it can't be forced. It will only happen when we're ready.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 3:13 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Rexi wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

What miserable humanity.

Instead of turning to Satan, why not invoke Lilith? I'm positive she's a demon who is more on the pro-choice side of things and an advocate for rebellious women everywhere. She's the original feminist. 8)

Excellent point. And Adam the moron threw her out of the Garden of Eden because she liked to be on top during sex!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 3:24 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Theological experts don’t all interpret the Bible the same way on this issue, but you should do for you what you feel your faith tells you. But as a legal matter, our laws aren’t supposed to be driven by what any segment of our population believes, and laws have traditionally not treated an unborn child as a person that can be murdered. Some states have worked to change this in other aspects of their laws, hoping that establishing personhood for the unborn will help their case for laws against abortion. If you kill a woman who is pregnant, for example, can you be tried for the murder of the unborn fetus? Can you will all you possessions to an unborn fetus? Etc. Generally, the answer has been no because a fetus has not been considered a person under the law. That was a key factor in Roe v Wade.

But pregnancy is also very different than other situations in that the life of the fetus is dependent on the life of the mother. The two lives are forever linked, and medically that reality can result in the death of either or both. Is it murder when a doctor must choose one over the other?

As I said earlier, it all gets complicated really fast, and the legal issue becomes whose values and beliefs take precedence in each unique and complicated situation. Your church’s mine, the doctors, or the mothers? They are not all the same when it comes to any of the moving parts to look at here.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 3:37 pm

Rexi wrote:
[quote="Dw_a_mom”]"but those women also have the resources to get their abortions somewhere else if need be"
+
"They are part of caring for our neighbors."

I don't think these two can work together. I also honestly dont feel like you could be a caring neighbor to me, because you don't seem to understand my hardship to leave my own house, even more my city, or my state.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

It seems I wasn’t clear about establishing my reason for mentioning point one. It is simply to make it clear that no matter how many laws a state creates, it is impossible for it to eliminate all abortion, no matter how much it wants to. I didn’t say I want to. My position is deal with the barriers that result in unwanted pregnancies and the barriers that prevent women from choosing life when they do have an unwanted pregnancy as much as possible instead of trying to put any of this into laws. Those actions are actually more effective in reducing the number of abortions than laws are. This fact is why those who are pro-life shouldn’t be obsessed with making abortion illegal.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 06 Sep 2021, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 3:46 pm

I do not like this thread....... the concept of using satanists comparisons can be getting alittle offensive for people whom have some concepts of Christianity that they may have been raised with .
:( and the idea that they are going to save anything IMHO

where ever you go ,there you are

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 5:06 pm

It's good to see religious freedom trying to be harnessed for good.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う