Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 2:41 pm

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-mayor-g ... /11021073/
I thought Chicago was paying gangs not to shoot people.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 2:49 pm

That story was from Richmond CA, not that facts matter when the goal is just to insult cities and people who might vote for the party with more popular support in cities.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 3:17 pm

I approve of that mayor's thinking, and I believe similar policies have been carried out under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, which is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
That story was from Richmond CA, not that facts matter when the goal is just to insult cities and people who might vote for the party with more popular support in cities.

The Democrat Party is certainly popular among criminals and gang members. Thats how the DNC has be in charge of Chicago for 100 years.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:35 pm

The biggest ongoing criminal organization in Chicago is the Democrat Party.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:44 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

The Democrat Party is certainly popular among criminals and gang members. Thats how the DNC has be in charge of Chicago for 100 years.

I would suggest that the criminals raking in the biggest dollars - AKA the white crime - are more likely to support Republican ideas. Why do Republicans cut the IRS budget when each dollar spent brings two dollars back? Because they don't want the enforcement. But I'm not officially posting this as a counterpoint because, really, the whole angle you are taking lacks data, proof and - in my opinion - relevance. I'm not finding any evidence that your claim is true. The Democrat Party is popular among US citizens, period, as more US citizens are registered Democrats than are registered Republicans, and nationally the aggregate votes for all Democratic candidates are millions higher than the aggregate votes for all Republican ones.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:46 pm

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:03 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I would suggest that the criminals raking in the biggest dollars - AKA the white crime - are more likely to support Republican ideas.

Not since 2008, Obama was the first Democrat to raise more Wall Street money than the GOP, and I don't think the trend has shifted back.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:07 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
I would suggest that the criminals raking in the biggest dollars - AKA the white crime - are more likely to support Republican ideas.

Not since 2008, Obama was the first Democrat to raise more Wall Street money than the GOP, and I don't think the trend has shifted back.

I don’t believe that campaign donations tell the whole story. They tend to follow the likely victors.

There are things I see …

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:24 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I don’t believe that campaign donations tell the whole story. They tend to follow the likely victors.

There are things I see …

Well, the story that I see is that big money clearly doesn't see much of a threat from the Democrats:

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/17/90262642 ... ts-in-2020

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 10:18 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

There are things I see …

Well, the story that I see is that big money clearly doesn't see much of a threat from the Democrats:

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/17/90262642 ... ts-in-2020

I think the biggest threat to business in our current environment would be destabilizing changes. Things got too unpredictable in the last administration to allow proper planning. It gets dizzying. Business may like to talk disruption, but that is not disruption in their government.

When I talk about white collar prime, my biggest current example would be Ponzi schemes. I’m working with clients that collectively lost millions to a single scammer. One criminal of that sort, one crime, creates impact that far exceeds a street thief, but the ponzi scammer is feared so much less. I’m also seeing an insane volume of ID theft, which also tends to fall outside of most people’s image of crime. These criminals are people sitting in offices in front of computer screens stealing and manipulating social security numbers and bank data. They are smart, they are organized, and they don’t fit the stereotypical image of a criminal, yet do so much more damage. Another huge criminal industry is the package thefts, but watch video from people’s door cameras and who are most of those thief’s? They look like housewives. The image everyone conjures for crime remains an inner city minority, but the real threats don’t fit that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 10:29 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

I wouldn't get too intoxicated in the GOP BS

Apparently these latest claims comes from the GOP handbook on shifting blame for crime to democrat politicians.
https://news.wttw.com/2021/06/10/homici ... bout-blame

According to James Alan Fox, a criminologist and professor at Boston’s Northeastern University, said small changes to a police budget, or the party affiliation of a particular mayor, aren’t likely to play a big role. Some violence fluctuations are part of long-standing problems.

Nixon used a similar argument in his successful 1968 presidential campaign, arguing that protests over civil rights “have torn 300 cities apart.”
according to Elizabeth Hinton, a Yale Law School professor who studies the history of criminalization in America.

Now, just as then, misleading claims about crime seem designed to exploit racism among white voters while ignoring the real reasons behind the increase in homicides, she said.

“Instead of linking this to COVID and mass unemployment and general anxiety, they’re saying that somehow calls to defund the police are behind this, as a way to justify more policing as a response,” Hinton said.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 8:38 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I would suggest that the criminals raking in the biggest dollars - AKA the white crime - are more likely to support Republican ideas. Why do Republicans cut the IRS budget when each dollar spent brings two dollars back? Because they don't want the enforcement. But I'm not officially posting this as a counterpoint because, really, the whole angle you are taking lacks data, proof and - in my opinion - relevance. I'm not finding any evidence that your claim is true. The Democrat Party is popular among US citizens, period, as more US citizens are registered Democrats than are registered Republicans, and nationally the aggregate votes for all Democratic candidates are millions higher than the aggregate votes for all Republican ones.

Let me get this strait....
The disaster that is Chicago is the work of the Republicans?

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 8:43 am

cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

I wouldn't get too intoxicated in the GOP BS

Apparently these latest claims comes from the GOP handbook on shifting blame for crime to democrat politicians.
https://news.wttw.com/2021/06/10/homici ... bout-blame

According to James Alan Fox, a criminologist and professor at Boston’s Northeastern University, said small changes to a police budget, or the party affiliation of a particular mayor, aren’t likely to play a big role. Some violence fluctuations are part of long-standing problems.

Nixon used a similar argument in his successful 1968 presidential campaign, arguing that protests over civil rights “have torn 300 cities apart.”
according to Elizabeth Hinton, a Yale Law School professor who studies the history of criminalization in America.

Now, just as then, misleading claims about crime seem designed to exploit racism among white voters while ignoring the real reasons behind the increase in homicides, she said.

“Instead of linking this to COVID and mass unemployment and general anxiety, they’re saying that somehow calls to defund the police are behind this, as a way to justify more policing as a response,” Hinton said.

Which party actually runs things in Chicago?
Which party jumped on the "Defund the Police" bandwagon?
Which party runs on identity politics?
I'm not a fan of the GOP but they are not anywhere near as criminally insane and the Democrats.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 12:45 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Polls show *Defund the police* is a popular message among aspiring criminals :)

Be the hero of your life.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 1:31 pm

Our government suing it's own citizens, for their citizens own... behavior.

This is like the ultimate politically correct moment.