Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 3:09 am

Australia's last conservative state minister Gladys Berejiklian has resigned after the independent corruption watchdog ICAC is investigating
to investigate alleged corrupt conduct in the NSW public sector, including members of Parliament.

In this instance, the watchdog will examine whether there was a conflict between Ms Berejiklian's public duties and private interests when she was in a relationship with former Liberal MP, Daryl Maguire.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-01/ ... /100507412
Here's a Friday toast to Coast to coast Labor state premiers :lol:

Now we are coming for you next Scomo :lol:

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 8:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Australia's last conservative state minister Gladys Berejiklian has resigned after the independent corruption watchdog ICAC is investigating
to investigate alleged corrupt conduct in the NSW public sector, including members of Parliament.

Last conservative premier? There's still Steve Marshall in SA and Peter Gutwein in Tasmania, unless they're both from moderate factions of the Liberal Party (I don't know much about them, beyond what I see on the news).

I wasn't expecting Berejiklian to step down as an MP as well, since it'll trigger a by-election. I wonder how that'll work during a lockdown. It'll be interesting to see who becomes the next premier of NSW too.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 10:59 pm

Murihiku wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Last conservative premier? There's still Steve Marshall in SA and Peter Gutwein in Tasmania, unless they're both from moderate factions of the Liberal Party (I don't know much about them, beyond what I see on the news).

I wasn't expecting Berejiklian to step down as an MP as well, since it'll trigger a by-election. I wonder how that'll work during a lockdown. It'll be interesting to see who becomes the next premier of NSW too.

Yeah fair enough. I was just celebrating popping champagne.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 2:25 pm

When I saw the title of this thread I thought Gladys Knight had died.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 2:40 pm

So, according to the video, she's evil because she wants to mandate a COVID vaccine.

She seems like a liberal (in USA).

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 8:18 pm

Gladys has been engaging in corrupt practices and there was an open investigation going on during COVID. Now that an initial emergency is close to being over and the state is emerging from lockdown, she needs to step down and face the courts,

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm

Ok, give credit where it's due, she did manage the pandemic in her state better than our premier
https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron ... f9bfc6add4

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 9:48 pm

And now "Bye-Bye Barilaro". Didn't see this coming. 8O

John Barilaro is resigning as both NSW Deputy Premier and as an MP. This means another leadership contest, to choose the NSW Nationals leader and Deputy Premier, as well as another state by-election.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/john- ... f2010700d9

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 10:17 pm

Murihiku wrote:
And now "Bye-Bye Barilaro". Didn't see this coming. 8O

John Barilaro is resigning as both NSW Deputy Premier and as an MP. This means another leadership contest, to choose the NSW Nationals leader and Deputy Premier, as well as another state by-election.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/john- ... f2010700d9

It's a shame we can't get rid of Daniel Andrews at the same time, and so potentially set Victoria on the path towards a return to sanity.

Who knows, maybe IBAC will find something behind the "belt and road" deal he signed up to behind the Federal government's back...