Dominic Perrottet elected as New Premier for NSW.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 7:36 pm

Quote:
Dominic Perrottet will be the new NSW Premier after winning the Liberal Party leadership in a landslide.

Mr Perrottet won the party room ballot 39 votes to five, comfortably defeating Planning Minister Rob Stokes.

Stuart Ayres will become his deputy.

“It’s been an honour and an absolute privilege to be elected as the parliamentary leader of the Liberal Party,” Mr Perrottet told reporters after emerging from the party room on Tuesday.

“I really appreciate the trust that my colleagues are putting in me.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/politics/liberal-mps-to-vote-on-new-nsw-premier-after-gladys-berejiklians-departure/news-story/9d4295d861757cf9f81a654e0610c177

"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 4:04 am

He seems competent and has been touted as being extremely intelligent by a number of people.
However, he is Catholic and has 6 kids.
Someone should explain the birds and the bees to him. :mrgreen:

He is anti-lockdown, which I think is a good thing.

I am gladys glad Keen hasn't been chosen as deputy leader.

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 5:10 am

As I understand it, last week he said something along the lines of "It's not the government's role to provide freedom, people born in this country by default are free" - If that's correct, and he acts accordingly, it seems like NSW will soon be headed in the right direction.

Hopefully Victoria can follow that lead...

"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 6:15 pm

Brictoria wrote:
As I understand it, last week he said something along the lines of "It's not the government's role to provide freedom, people born in this country by default are free" - If that's correct, and he acts accordingly, it seems like NSW will soon be headed in the right direction.

Hopefully Victoria can follow that lead...

It seems like he may be a good choice, but I always get nervous when a committed Christian becomes a leader of a political party.
The conservatives are full of them, which is a concern and one of the reasons I am a political independent, these days.

I also detest the factional infighting of the religious right.

Since so much of politics involves deception, I find it incongruent that religious individuals would want to become involved in an unethical profession.
"Curious".

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)