FBI investigation regarding Ashley Biden's diary.

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 6:54 am

Quote:
The Justice Department searched two locations associated with the conservative group Project Veritas as part of an investigation into how a diary stolen from President Biden’s daughter, Ashley, came to be publicly disclosed a week and a half before the 2020 presidential election, according to people briefed on the matter.

Federal agents in New York conducted the court-ordered searches on Thursday — one in New York City and one in suburban Westchester County — targeting people who had worked with the group and its leader, James O’Keefe, according to two of the people briefed on the events. The investigation is being handled by F.B.I. agents and federal prosecutors in Manhattan who work on public corruption matters, the people said.

[...]

Project Veritas did not publish Ms. Biden’s diary, but dozens of handwritten pages from it were posted on a right wing website on Oct. 24, 2020, at a time when President Donald J. Trump was seeking to undermine Mr. Biden’s credibility by portraying his son, Hunter, as engaging in corrupt business dealings. The posting was largely ignored by other conservative outlets and the mainstream media.

The website said it had obtained the diary from a whistle-blower who worked for a media organization that refused to publish a story about it before the election. It claimed to know where the actual diary was located and that the whistle-blower had an audio recording of Ms. Biden admitting it was hers.

The Trump administration Justice Department, then led by Attorney General William P. Barr, opened an investigation into the matter shortly after a representative of the Biden family reported to federal authorities in October 2020 that several of Ms. Biden’s personal items had been stolen in a burglary, according to two people briefed on the matter.

Mr. O’Keefe said in the video that “tipsters” had reached out to Project Veritas in 2020 to alert them to the existence of the diary, saying that they had stayed in a room that Ms. Biden had recently been in. But Mr. O’Keefe said that his group could not authenticate the diary and made an “ethical” decision to not publish it.

He said that Project Veritas gave the diary to “law enforcement” and attempted to return it to a lawyer representing Ms. Biden, who he said “refused to authenticate it.” Mr. O’Keefe portrayed the investigation as politically motivated, questioning why the Justice Department under Ms. Biden’s father was pursuing the case.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/05/us/politics/project-veritas-investigation-ashley-biden-diary.html

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:20 am

Are they confirming the diary is real? The one where Ashley said she was molested by Joe in the shower? I assumed it was fake.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:39 am

Mikah wrote:
Are they confirming the diary is real? The one where Ashley said she was molested by Joe in the shower? I assumed it was fake.

By conducting these searches related to the diary, it does seem to be an indication that the diary was hers...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:40 am

I wonder what Ashley has to say about this.

People have to get a life!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 5:41 pm

FBI reportedly executes search warrant at the home of Project Veritas founder linked to an investigation into Biden daughter’s stolen diary

Quote:
The FBI searched the home of James O’Keefe, the founder of conservative outfit Project Veritas, on Saturday as part of its investigation into the possible theft of a diary belonging to Ashley Biden, President Biden’s daughter, The New York Times reported.

The search of O’Keefe’s apartment in Mamaroneck, New York, comes one day after O’Keefe released a statement acknowledging that the group, which specializes in “sting” videos featuring activists, politicians and the media, had been approached by people claiming to have Ashley’s diary. O’Keefe said the group decided not to publish it.

While Project Veritas did not publish excerpts from the diary, handwritten pages were published on a right-wing website right before Election Day last year. Flyover Media, the company that owns the website, is registered to the same Wyoming address as Branch Six Consulting International, a company run by Richard Seddon, an ex-British spy who has worked closely with Project Veritas, according to the Times. O’Keefe was once listed as the president of a company at this address.

On Thursday, the FBI also searched the New York homes of current and former members of Project Veritas as part of their investigation, according to a statement on the group’s website and the New York Times.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 5:53 pm

That seems like a lot of heat for a stolen diary, which when you get right down to it is petty theft, first daughter or not.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:41 pm

Dox47 wrote:
That seems like a lot of heat for a stolen diary, which when you get right down to it is petty theft, first daughter or not.

That would be the case if the likes of you or I stole the diary. But this political saboteur James O'Keefe were talking about; man who had doctored secret videos to bring down ACORN, a legitimate organization that had helped racial minorities. There is legitimate reason to fear that destructive little weasel would misrepresent the diary - maybe even falsify portions - in order to do harm to not just the sitting President, but also to the government in general.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
That would be the case if the likes of you or I stole the diary. But this political saboteur James O'Keefe were talking about; man who had doctored secret videos to bring down ACORN, a legitimate organization that had helped racial minorities. There is legitimate reason to fear that destructive little weasel would misrepresent the diary - maybe even falsify portions - in order to do harm to not just the sitting President, but also to the government in general.

How does who did it change the underlying crime? Unless I'm missing something, it's not like we're talking about a foreign intelligence service being involved here, so the fact that you don't like what O'Keefe does shouldn't matter as far as how seriously potential theft of a diary is taken.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:57 pm

Mikah wrote:

You know, my contention that Joe Biden is in many ways Trump-lite is starting to get creepily accurate if we can add "odd relationship with daughter" to the list of similarities.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:04 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How does who did it change the underlying crime? Unless I'm missing something, it's not like we're talking about a foreign intelligence service being involved here, so the fact that you don't like what O'Keefe does shouldn't matter as far as how seriously potential theft of a diary is taken.

I thought I was explanatory as to the why with my first post. Sure, I not only dislike O'Keefe, I absolutely detest him, but that's beside the point. Again, it's about what O'Keefe is likely to do with the diary. Knowing that conniving little $hit's history, it's doubtful that there'd be any other reason for him having stolen the diary.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I thought I was explanatory as to the why with my first post. Sure, I not only dislike O'Keefe, I absolutely detest him, but that's beside the point. Again, it's about what O'Keefe is likely to do with the diary. Knowing that conniving little $hit's history, it's doubtful that there'd be any other reason for him having stolen the diary.

If you did any research, you'd be aware that Mr O'Keefe had tried to return the diary to Ms Biden, and when her lawyer wouldn't accept it (possibly because it would "authenticate" the contents if acknowledged as being hers), he had handed it to the police.

He had also, previously, decided not to publish the contents for "ethical" reasons.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:16 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If you did any research, you'd be aware that Mr O'Keefe had tried to return the diary to Ms Biden, and when her lawyer wouldn't accept it (possibly because it would "authenticate" the contents if acknowledged as being hers), he had handed it to the police.

He had also, previously, decided not to publish the contents for "ethical" reasons.

Again, this is James O'Keefe we're talking about. His reputation for his ethics and honesty - or lack thereof - precede him.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Again, this is James O'Keefe we're talking about. His reputation for his ethics and honesty - or lack thereof - precede him.

So, besides the acorn incident, regarding which you have something of a grudge against him, what other examples are there to support this "reputation"?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:22 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So, besides the acorn incident, regarding which you have something of a grudge against him, what other examples are there to support this "reputation"?

Like that isn't enough??? He had also tried to bug the office of Representative Landrieu in a failed smear campaign, as well as having plotted to compromise a journalist investigating him by getting her handcuffed in a setup sexual scam. Just why are you so willing to support that little $hit?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 2:35 am

Biden family seem to be subject to a lot of invasion of privacy.

Seems odd to draw attention to stolen journals and laptops from Biden's children given Trump Inc is an openly criminal organisation

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 2:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
Biden family seem to be subject to a lot of invasion of privacy.

Seems odd to draw attention to stolen journals and laptops from Biden's children given Trump Inc is an openly criminal organisation

Pay no attentions to the Bidens, Orange Man Bad!

I mean, it's one thing to say that the first family should have some privacy, that's a defensible argument, but "look at how bad the other guy is, why are you guys even interested in potential corruption and/or child abuse by the president!" sounds dumb and desperate, as if you're both afraid of what a close look at the Biden family might uncover, and unaware that other people can both dislike Trump and also think Biden isn't great. Just because you can't hold two thoughts in your head at the same time doesn't mean other people can't.