Page 4 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm

theprisoner wrote:
talking of vintage comics, looks like this stuff has been going on for years...

Here's the original cover:

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 3:34 pm

ah much more wholesome. looks like poor robin is jealous. maybe he has some kinda complex there, maybe he wants to be batwoman, and feel the lovin touch of bruce wayne. who knows.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 3:36 pm

theprisoner wrote:
ah much more wholesome. looks like poor robin is jealous. maybe he has some kinda complex there, maybe he wants to be batwoman, and feel the lovin touch of bruce wayne. who knows.

I like that Robin's captions didn't change. He does sound like he feels replaced.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 11:57 pm

GadgetGuru wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

Later that day batgirl helped Robin get over the marriage but meanwhile batman had something rising in his pants he never experienced before.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 10:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
GadgetGuru wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

Later that day batgirl helped Robin get over the marriage but meanwhile batman had something rising in his pants he never experienced before.

LOL

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 5:42 am

American way' dropped from Superman's updated motto

Quote:
Superman is getting an updated motto from DC Comics that drops "the American Way" from “Truth, Justice and the American Way," Variety reported.

The new Superman motto will be "Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow.”

A recent DC Comics issue of “Batman/Superman” presented the hero’s mantra as “Truth, Tolerance, and Justice,” with comic writer Gene Luen Yang explaining the mantra was used to pay homage to a mission Superman’s father gave to him in past films.

“The issue is an homage to the Superman and Batman movie serials of the 1940s. The phrase 'Truth, Tolerance, and Justice' rather than the more familiar 'Truth, Justice, and the American Way' is a tribute to the 1948 Superman film serial,” Lang tweeted in March.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 9:43 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
American way' dropped from Superman's updated motto
Quote:
Superman is getting an updated motto from DC Comics that drops "the American Way" from “Truth, Justice and the American Way," Variety reported.

The new Superman motto will be "Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow.”

A recent DC Comics issue of “Batman/Superman” presented the hero’s mantra as “Truth, Tolerance, and Justice,” with comic writer Gene Luen Yang explaining the mantra was used to pay homage to a mission Superman’s father gave to him in past films.

“The issue is an homage to the Superman and Batman movie serials of the 1940s. The phrase 'Truth, Tolerance, and Justice' rather than the more familiar 'Truth, Justice, and the American Way' is a tribute to the 1948 Superman film serial,” Lang tweeted in March.

I've got no problem with the change in Sup's motto.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

20 Oct 2021, 7:13 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Superman comes out as bisexual; 'not a gimmick,' writer says
Quote:
Out, out and away! - for Superman on National Coming Out Day.

Jon Kent, the son of original Superman Clark Kent and journalist Lois Lane, turns out to be bisexual in DC Comics' latest iteration of the superhero's adventures.

The young man kisses reporter Jay Nakamura in issue five of the comic book "Superman: Son of Kal-El," which will be released on Nov. 9.

"It's not a gimmick," the writer, Tom Taylor, said in an interview from Melbourne, Australia, wearing a T-shirt with a rainbow-striped Superman logo.

"When I was offered this job, I thought, 'Well, if we're going to have a new Superman for the DC Universe, it feels like a missed opportunity to have another straight white savior," he said.

"We didn't want this to be 'DC Comics creates new queer Superman,'" Taylor said. "We want this to be 'Superman finds himself, becomes Superman and then comes out,' and I think that's a really important distinction there."

Jon Kent cares about climate crisis and refugees.

Dean Cain Slams Superman Coming Out as Bisexual: “It Isn’t Bold or Brave”
Quote:
Former Superman actor Dean Cain has criticized DC Comics’ decision to have the current Superman come out as bisexual.

“They said it’s a bold new direction, I say they’re bandwagoning,” the 55-year-old actor told Fox & Friends on Tuesday. “Robin just came out as bi — who’s really shocked about that one? The new Captain America is gay. My daughter in [The CW series] Supergirl, where I played the father, was gay. So I don’t think it’s bold or brave or some crazy new direction. If they had done this 20 years ago, perhaps that would be bold or brave.

“Brave would be having him fighting for the rights of gay people in Iran where they’ll throw you off a building for the offense of being gay,” Cain continued.

It's sometimes the ones you least expect? xD

In the past every character was straight. It's nice to see some variety happening in classics. As the world changes, so do relationship roles, ways of thinking, acceptance and many other things. It's just a pity that while critics tend to be outspoken now and have nothing to fear, in the past critics to the straight media didn't have the same opportunity if annoyed.

I would add that when an overpowered majority loses some of its power, it tends to complain as though they're the victims. They were used to be entitled for too long.

It's not like there still doesn't need to be more variety, like bald positive characters are seriously lacking from the media, and are usually on the other side. Although characters have all sorts of jobs, doing the lower class ones and being the quiet kids in class, as the main characters. :nerdy: Geeks have been hip since Scooby Doo, but it's not like the fad didn't influence their style, the changes in how society perceives some things which was at the time in to be a hipster and a geek. Or accepted to be a loser at life and a wuss, and hang with dogs rather than humans.

But media is often way more easily accepted than reality.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 4:13 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
First the change the sexuality of our favorite iconic characters, then they change the race, then the gender, etc.
Where does it stop?
I remember when they made Iceman gay. That didn't sell well and neither will this.
Stop pandering to the woke. They're not buying your comics and you alienate the people who do.

I don't a problem overall with a gay/bi superman.
The thing I find odd is that something like this is representative of a small section of the community.
Society seems to be overwhelmed by the needs of a few.

Wouldn't it have been better to introduce a new character rather than reinvent an established one?
This smacks of left-wing wokeness on steroids. 8O

Oh, well.
"Go woke, go broke.", may raise its head once again.
Meh. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 4:18 am

Again, it's not Clark (Kal-El) Kent, AKA Superman, who's gay or bi! It's his kid, Jon!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 4:19 am

Rexi wrote:

In the past every character was straight. It's nice to see some variety happening in classics. As the world changes, so do relationship roles, ways of thinking, acceptance and many other things. It's just a pity that while critics tend to be outspoken now and have nothing to fear, in the past critics to the straight media didn't have the same opportunity if annoyed.

I would add that when an overpowered majority loses some of its power, it tends to complain as though they're the victims. They were used to be entitled for too long.

It's not like there still doesn't need to be more variety, like bald positive characters are seriously lacking from the media, and are usually on the other side. Although characters have all sorts of jobs, doing the lower class ones and being the quiet kids in class, as the main characters. :nerdy: Geeks have been hip since Scooby Doo, but it's not like the fad didn't influence their style, the changes in how society perceives some things which was at the time in to be a hipster and a geek. Or accepted to be a loser at life and a wuss, and hang with dogs rather than humans.

But media is often way more easily accepted than reality.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 4:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Again, it's not Clark (Kal-El) Kent, AKA Superman, who's gay or bi! It's his kid, Jon!

Oh! 8O
Why didn't you tell me before I posted? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 4:24 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh! 8O

I did... on the first page of this thread. It also says just that in the OP's article.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 5:05 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh! 8O

I did... on the first page of this thread. It also says just that in the OP's article.

Obviously, I just jumped in without reading the relevant posts. 8O
The thread title is misleading. I only know of one "Superman".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 3:18 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh! 8O

That seems to be the common misconception for those not initiated in comics.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh! 8O

That seems to be the common misconception for those not initiated in comics.

I am not a traditional geek like you. :mrgreen: