Oh god, Orange man creates his own social media....

Page 12 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Oct 2021, 11:29 am

! magz wrote:
A reminder: Rules against personal attacks apply to attacks on moderators, admins and the owner, too.
Attributing ill intent to actions that can be easily explained otherwise (e.g. simply being tired) is a form of a personal attack.
If you can't accept being moderated (e.g. having your posts removed sometimes), don't post.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 11:41 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Your attempts at helping and their actual impacts on the person seeking emotional support are well-documented for their non-helpful outcomes and approach.

You have no idea about helpful outcomes. This is survivorship bias. People who accept my advise and recover often just stop visiting platform, majority feel too embarrassed to admit anything in public after depressed outbursts and even to participate under the same username after recovery, when platform allows it many delete their account used for depressed rants. Some send me a private message to say thanks.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 12:56 pm

What username are y’all gonna sign up with??

I’m still undecided.. but if those thing goes live I should probably create an account to get in on the lolz before it’s shut down and the only entertainment we get out of it is headlines about investors suing each other trying to place blame and recover their losses.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 1:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

I’m still undecided.. but if those thing goes live I should probably create an account to get in on the lolz before it’s shut down and the only entertainment we get out of it is headlines about investors suing each other trying to place blame and recover their losses.

I was thinking of causing a copywrite problem and calling myself Annoying Orange but them people might confuse me with Trump...... :jester:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 2:13 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I was thinking of causing a copywrite problem and calling myself Annoying Orange but them people might confuse me with Trump...... :jester:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 2:19 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Pete Nelson might give you a Copywrite problem.

Because he's got the name Copywrite as a copyright. Ya copy, right? :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 2:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
maycontainthunder wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Pete Nelson might give you a Copywrite problem.

Because he's got the name Copywrite as a copyright. Ya copy, right? :mrgreen:

Daarrgh, a typo! :jester:

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 3:44 pm

badRobot wrote:
He disclosed the fact this communication had place when she was talking to another person. It is up to her if she wants other to know she was talking to site administration accusing another user. .

But how is that damaging?

Or is it just a matter of thou hast said this without The Majesty's Permission, regardless of whether it is in fact damaging?

Cos if it's not actually damaging, it just sounds more like a complaint for the sake of complaining.

And as openly as Brictoria speaks their mind about others, including mods, there's hardly any big secret to "the fact that" Brictoria may be engaged in a private message with a mod. It's a little late to be shy.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 3:58 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
badRobot wrote:
He disclosed the fact this communication had place when she was talking to another person. It is up to her if she wants other to know she was talking to site administration accusing another user. .

But how is that damaging?

What kind of question is this? How any violation of the rules is damaging? E.g. how personal attacks damaging? If I use some nasty insult against you, but you don't even know I did, do I cause any objective damage to you? No. If you get offended by this insult, do I cause any objective damage to you? No. It is actually you who hurts your own feelings by allowing these insults to get you, you could just dismiss them. Isn't that right? If I believe it is not damaging, does it mean I should be allowed to insult you?

It is up to her to decide if she wants others to know she had this communication and how that breach subjectively or objectively is damaging to her.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 3:59 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

I have no interest in sites like that.
I see it mostly populated by binary emotionalists supporting their cause and slagging off the opposition.
Much like here. :mrgreen: <joke!> 8O

I have neither a facebook nor twitter account.
I lean towards the desire for rational discussions rather than servicing a trantrum need. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 4:02 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Agent Orange might be another good option - since the guy is super toxic And possibly and unwitting Russian agent.

Hmm, so many other possibilities!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 4:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
maycontainthunder wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Agent Orange might be another good option - since the guy is super toxic And possibly and unwitting Russian agent.

Hmm, so many other possibilities!

Always good to see a balanced opinion. <satire> <irony> <mild sarcasm> :mrgreen:

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 4:06 pm

Haha, I've just learned this "social network" is just a mastodon node. I wonder if they would be standalone or become part of fediverse, etc. The whole thing feels like money laundering scheme or something.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 4:47 pm

badRobot wrote:
Haha, I've just learned this "social network" is just a mastodon node. I wonder if they would be standalone or become part of fediverse, etc. The whole thing feels like money laundering scheme or something.

It is. See the article I posted from the comedian God.

Also, I saw a “The Damage Report,” fb watch vid tdy that says investors are pulling out now that they realize the site is affiliated with trump and is basically just a garbage fake news site. More will follow as trump’s record with making money on non real estate projects is pretty abysmal.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 5:00 pm

badRobot wrote:
maycontainthunder wrote:
I feel that they do understand it. Many times I have seen threads with people wanting to harm themselves. The mods will be supportive and try and help them feel better along with many members also trying to help. It is, from what I have seen, unheard of for negative feelings to be supported and encouraged on this forum. These are the kind of comments that are rightfully moderated. If the member keeps doing it they get an electronic boot up the posterior.

This is not what I'm talking about. There is difference between expressing negative attitude or aggression toward other members and expressing false negative beliefs and false negative reasoning other vulnerable members can relate to.

Imagine malicious internet troll, but much smarter, he doesn't directly attack people on the spectrum, but creates accounts pretending to be one of them and constantly posting extremely negative, exaggerated stuff of how miserable he is, how being on the spectrum makes his situation hopeless, how he has tried every advise there is, but nothing ever worked, using extremely negative language, like "weirdo", "freak", "creep", using these words toward himself, but describing situations and circumstances a lot of vulnerable people here can relate to and would think of themselves as "weirdo", "freak", "creep" too. Using false beliefs and pseudo-logical reasoning to make it sound convincing, discouraging, stealing remains of hope.

Possibility that this person is actually believes this stuff doesn't make this stuff any less toxic and damaging for the rest of community if we are not allowed to present convincing logical reasoning against these beliefs.

Wow this is very disturbing, this is how you feel about people on the spectrum with low self esteem?

PS, if you feel someone is a troll, please pay no attention to them and don't respond to them. People should be able to talk about how they feel about themselves without anyone thinking they are being attacked. That is the reader's problem, not the poster's. Instead, they should be thinking, "I feel so bad this is how they feel about themselves." They can help them out by giving them reassurance they are not a weirdo or a creep.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 5:50 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Wow this is very disturbing, this is how you feel about people on the spectrum with low self esteem?

Please, don't accuse me of the opposite of what I'm doing. I'm talking about the most disturbing side of extreme low self esteem and depression and how it can be toxic for other people. Otherwise it would not be such a big issue. Yes, this is disturbing, but not because I demonize or antagonize depressed people, this is part of what makes this condition so problematic socially.

These false beliefs and reasoning are dangerously contagious, it can quickly snowball into horrible echo chamber similar to what happened to Incel communities. It all began as harmless emotional support group.