Oh god, Orange man creates his own social media....

Page 15 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 11:20 am

I wonder if they have to do spray outs to ensure they match what is there? :jester:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 12:39 pm

Oompa Loompa orange is the color.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 3:38 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Trump is him.
Apple is going to let him have a platform
by hosting him.

..soooo sign the petition to make your voice heard that you don't want apple to do that thing for all the reasons listed on the petition.

The concept that "I may not agree with you, but will fight to the death for your right to say it", is dead.
R.I.P., noble concept. :skull:

Oh he can still say anything he wants, nobody has removed his vocal cords.

I am surprised you miss understood my context. 8O

I didn’t.

Your response suggests the contrary. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 3:41 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
It’s a spray tan product for sure. Even Ivanka has discussed her father’s bronzer product habits.

And eyelids don’t tend to tan all that dark naturally anyways, because people tend to have their eyes open a lot during the day so they don’t see the sun like the rest of your face. It’s more pronounced for tanning bed users, though.. and in this case, he wears the eye shields to keep makeup out of his eyes.

Well, I guess the orange tinge suggests spray tan.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 4:14 pm

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Trump is him.
by hosting him.

..soooo sign the petition to make your voice heard that you don't want apple to do that thing for all the reasons listed on the petition.

The concept that "I may not agree with you, but will fight to the death for your right to say it", is dead.

I didn’t.

The large Loompa can bellow his message from the street in a public space and nobody would stop him.Apple has the right to choose if they want him or not.

That was a joke which you didn’t get.

Voltaire might have.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 6:44 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Trump is him.
by hosting him.

I didn’t.

The large Loompa can bellow his message from the street in a public space and nobody would stop him.Apple has the right to choose if they want him or not.

That was a joke which you didn’t get.

Voltaire might have.

Not if they want to be considered a platform rather than a publisher.

And, no, I didn't get your joke, sorry. 8)

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 8:36 pm

I haven't gone back to catch up on this, but there are reports that he is already in violation of the software licenses for the site.

The site uses a common social media software package called Mastadon. The terms of the license includes the requirement that the source be freely available, including any changes made to it. Neither Trump no his group has any legitimate ownership claims to the software.

From https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/29/22752850/mastodon-trump-truth-social-network-open-source-gab-legal-notice:

Quote:
While Truth hasn’t officially launched yet, internet users discovered that a test version basically had the same interface as Mastodon, and that some of the code for the site was unchanged from the other social network’s code. By itself, that’s actually the intended use of open-source software — but as the Software Freedom Conservancy pointed out last week, apps or websites based on software that uses the AGPLv3 license have to in turn provide their own source code. According to the foundation that wrote AGPL, it’s meant to make the community’s software better: if you improve on something that someone else made, they should be able to benefit from your work like you did theirs.

As Mastodon and Rochko reiterated on Friday, though, TMTG hasn’t done that — it even went as far as to call its software “proprietary,” and seemingly tried to hide the fact that it was based on Mastodon. Now that the Truth has been revealed, however, TMTG will either have to rebuild it without using Mastodon’s code — a tall order, as bootstrapping a social network site isn’t particularly easy — or release its source code and change the terms of service.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 11:03 pm

kokopelli wrote:
I haven't gone back to catch up on this, but there are reports that he is already in violation of the software licenses for the site.

The site uses a common social media software package called Mastadon. The terms of the license includes the requirement that the source be freely available, including any changes made to it. Neither Trump no his group has any legitimate ownership claims to the software.

From https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/29/22752850/mastodon-trump-truth-social-network-open-source-gab-legal-notice:
Quote:
While Truth hasn’t officially launched yet, internet users discovered that a test version basically had the same interface as Mastodon, and that some of the code for the site was unchanged from the other social network’s code. By itself, that’s actually the intended use of open-source software — but as the Software Freedom Conservancy pointed out last week, apps or websites based on software that uses the AGPLv3 license have to in turn provide their own source code. According to the foundation that wrote AGPL, it’s meant to make the community’s software better: if you improve on something that someone else made, they should be able to benefit from your work like you did theirs.

As Mastodon and Rochko reiterated on Friday, though, TMTG hasn’t done that — it even went as far as to call its software “proprietary,” and seemingly tried to hide the fact that it was based on Mastodon. Now that the Truth has been revealed, however, TMTG will either have to rebuild it without using Mastodon’s code — a tall order, as bootstrapping a social network site isn’t particularly easy — or release its source code and change the terms of service.

The man is a big target.
He should know by now that he has to cross all the "I"s and dot all the "t"s. 8)
Silly boy. :mrgreen: