Oh god, Orange man creates his own social media....

Page 3 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 11:46 am

Misslizard wrote:
The links I posted will tell.
The links you posted do not seem to lead into signing up for Trump's new website.  The public domain for what is assumed to be TRUTH Social's mobile beta has since been taken down.  It is likely that all "hacked" accounts will be scrubbed before the live launch.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 11:52 am

https://truthsocial.com/

If anyone wishes to sign-up.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 11:55 am

funeralxempire wrote:
https://truthsocial.com/

If anyone wishes to sign-up.
https://truthsocial.com/terms-of-service

https://truthsocial.com/privacy-policy

If anyone wishes to know what the Rules and Privacy Policies are before signing up.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 21 Oct 2021, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 12:14 pm

Ooo ... under the heading of "Governing Law"...

Quote:
Dispute Resolution

Any dispute, controversy or claim you have arising out of or related to these terms of service, a breach thereof or your use of this site shall be exclusively submitted and decided by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"). Any legal action of whatever nature brought by us against you may be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in Broward County, Florida, and you hereby consent to same, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts.

Waiver of Class Action

Notwithstanding anything contained herein, you agree to absolutely and unconditionally waive any and all rights to participate in or to be included in any class action lawsuits or inclusion in any multi-party actions or suits against us, any of our affiliates, sponsors, subsidiaries, vendors, employees, agents or any other person or entity associated therewith.
What all this means is that in any dispute with the website, its administrators, or its owners, you have no right to due legal process or to collect damages; while the website, its administrators, and its owners retain those very same rights.

Everything else reads like a contract between
 Management and Labor  Rulers and Serfs.

Sad!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 12:59 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Who cares?
He and his followers now have their own separate sandbox to play in and none of this enemies will have to see any of his mean tweets. Everyone wins.

It always has amazed me how people "tune into a channel" they find offensive and simply don't change the "channel".
People are very odd. 8O

I don't have a facebook or a twitter account, btw. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:01 pm

I wish they would just let Trump go ahead and make an ass out of himself.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:04 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Who cares?
He and his followers now have their own separate sandbox to play in and none of this enemies will have to see any of his mean tweets. Everyone wins.

But at least a few are in such a bad case of withdrawal that they will go onto the site just to see them, then go elsewhere to whine about what they saw...

Yes, there are a lot of whiney babies aboot. :mrgreen:

Brictoria wrote:
It seems he has 2 types of fans - those that love him (and so create positive threads regarding him\his actions), and those who fit into the "hater-fan" or a form of "Celebrity worship syndrome" (expressing this "worship" in negative terms), who appear to have this intense need to ensure that everyone remembers him, and who therefore allow him to "live rent-free in their heads" (and so create negative threads regarding him\his actions whenever the opportunity presents to do so).

Existential denial is the way to go, but so few have the discipline. 8)

Brictoria wrote:
For everyone else, they have no need to look for news (positive or negative) either in general, or in order to create threads around him\his actions, instead they simply allow him to fade into the background of their lives, only mentioning (or thnking about) him in responce to prompting from a member of either of those fan categories...

True dat. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This is going to be typical Trump:

There will be name-calling. There will be made-up names for people who remotely criticize him. He will offer his "alternate reality."

In essence, he will be an apologist for himself.

Don't tune in.
Simples. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:09 pm

You've got to "tune in"----otherwise, he will run roughshod.

Just like people should be exposed to "Mein Kampf," even though it's sort of the "Bible" of Nazism.

Just like my exposure to people of different races----led me to have a more objective view of people. It "de-mythologized" them, so to speak.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:11 pm

Just ignore them even though they won't go away doesn't seem like very practical advice. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
maycontainthunder wrote:
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/trump-announces-plans-launch-social-005659207.html

Laughably it's called Truth. Most misleading name in history!

The main newspaper of the Soviet Union was called Pravda ("Truth").

In the Soviet Union there was no truth in Pravda, and these days you can be certain there won't be any truth posted on Truth.

The same can be said about the "Global Times", China's propaganda arm.
Quote:
Inside the Global Times, China’s hawkish, belligerent state tabloid

https://qz.com/745577/inside-the-global ... e-tabloid/

If you believe anything/k on that rag, you are a fool. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish they would just let Trump go ahead and make an ass out of himself.
No one needs to LET him do that -- he is doing just fine, all on his own!

:lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Just ignore them even though they won't go away doesn't seem like very practical advice. :?

But, but, but, Fnord uses that strategy on me and it seems to be quite effective. :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
Inside the Global Times, China’s hawkish, belligerent state tabloid

https://qz.com/745577/inside-the-global ... e-tabloid/

If you believe anything/k on that rag, you are a fool. 8)

Never read it but I'm not sympathetic to the CCP so I don't have much reason to read their propaganda.

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

But, but, but, Fnord uses that strategy on me and it seems to be quite effective. :mrgreen:

Different situation, I don't see you amassing large groups of followers who hang on your every word and believe your claims more than their own damn eyes; but, even using your example, folks challenge you more when they believe you're posting harmful disinformation compared to lots of other stuff you might post.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You've got to "tune in"----otherwise, he will run roughshod.

Just like people should be exposed to "Mein Kampf," even though it's sort of the "Bible" of Nazism.

Just like my exposure to people of different races----led me to have a more objective view of people. It "de-mythologized" them, so to speak.

But it also advertises their cause.
You give them oxygen.

I think you are missing something/k.
If all you do is whine about someone, you come across as a wiener whiner.
"They are living rent-free in your head."
You are then known as a person who is hyperpartisan, and that is never a good thing/k because your integrity and credibility suffer. 8O

Don't get me wrong.
I am totally anti-censorship, Mr Zuckerman if you are watching, but if your life revolves around bitching *all* the time about an individual, *they* hold *you* captive.

For me, it is more amusing than annoying. :mrgreen:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:39 pm