Oh god, Orange man creates his own social media....

Page 13 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 6:27 pm

@badRobot, I understand that you think I use moral licensing. I think context is relevant, that not all situations are equal. There are times your angle applies, and times mine does, IMHO. Both our positions have already been explained in this thread a long time ago, and your persistence became pointless many posts ago.

There is also a lot of me thinking and evolving my opinion out loud in this thread.

It seems to me you have a different ax to grind but that one is out of my wheelhouse. It is out of most people’s wheelhouses. Then there are the legal liability issues to the site you aren’t factoring in but have no reason to understand ….

Let’s just get back on topic.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 24 Oct 2021, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 6:28 pm

I came across an article explaining why Trump’s whole site thing is really a money dump. I have to go find that …

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 6:34 pm

badRobot wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Wow this is very disturbing, this is how you feel about people on the spectrum with low self esteem?

Please, don't accuse me of the opposite of what I'm doing. I'm talking about the most disturbing side of extreme low self esteem and depression and how it can be toxic for other people. Otherwise it would not be such a big issue. Yes, this is disturbing, but not because I demonize or antagonize depressed people, this is part of what makes this condition so problematic socially.

These false beliefs and reasoning are dangerously contagious, it can quickly snowball into horrible echo chamber similar to what happened to Incel communities. It all began as harmless emotional support group.

This is the opposite of what you said, you clearly said they are a troll. You clearly said they are pretending to be on the spectrum and doesn't directly attack people on the spectrum.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 6:51 pm

League_Girl wrote:
badRobot wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Wow this is very disturbing, this is how you feel about people on the spectrum with low self esteem?

Please, don't accuse me of the opposite of what I'm doing. I'm talking about the most disturbing side of extreme low self esteem and depression and how it can be toxic for other people. Otherwise it would not be such a big issue. Yes, this is disturbing, but not because I demonize or antagonize depressed people, this is part of what makes this condition so problematic socially.

These false beliefs and reasoning are dangerously contagious, it can quickly snowball into horrible echo chamber similar to what happened to Incel communities. It all began as harmless emotional support group.

This is the opposite of what you said, you clearly said they are a troll. You clearly said they are pretending to be on the spectrum and doesn't directly attack people on the spectrum.

I said "imagine malicious internet troll" as thought experiment to demonstrate that if someone has malicious intent to hurt this community they could do it by pretending to be a member expressing beliefs and reasoning negatively affecting others, sometimes serving as the last straw.

Fact is some of such accounts here are trolls. But as I said, we should act assuming it is not a troll, but actually affected person who has these beliefs, avoid using measures like bans and harsh moderation. But these beliefs and reasoning should be challenged to limit potential damage at least to some extent.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:14 am

Help stop him.Apple is going to let him onboard.
https://sign.moveon.org/petitions/deman ... ce=mo&t=14

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 11:39 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I came across an article explaining why Trump’s whole site thing is really a money dump. I have to go find that …

Apparently it “cost,” $300M in investors money.

It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure out that it doesn’t cost $300M to launch a website based on an open source template.

That should be everyone’s first clue that..

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 11:39 am

A grifter's gonna grift.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 11:46 am

funeralxempire wrote:
A scammer's gonna grift.

Corrected that for you! :jester:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 11:59 am

maycontainthunder wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
A scammer's gonna grift.

Corrected that for you! :jester:

This is why I don't hire you to copywrite for me. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 2:26 pm

Misslizard wrote:

I don't understand what you are saying. :scratch:
Please elaborate.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 2:29 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
A grifter's gonna grift.

$300 million is petty theft? 8O
Please adopt me. :mrgreen:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 2:54 pm

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Please elaborate.

Her post is very clear and concise and makes complete sense given the context of the link provided. Did you click and read it?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 6:57 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Please elaborate.

Her post is very clear and concise and makes complete sense given the context of the link provided. Did you click and read it?

Of course, I looked at the link. :roll:
What he posted doesn't make sense to me.
How about *you* explain it. 8)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 7:07 pm

Trump is him.
Apple is going to let him have a platform
by hosting him.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 7:58 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Trump is him.
by hosting him.

..soooo sign the petition to make your voice heard that you don't want apple to do that thing for all the reasons listed on the petition.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 2:44 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Trump is him.
by hosting him.

..soooo sign the petition to make your voice heard that you don't want apple to do that thing for all the reasons listed on the petition.

The concept that "I may not agree with you, but will fight to the death for your right to say it", is dead.
R.I.P., noble concept. :skull: