Actor Alec Baldwin shoots 2 people, killing one of them.

Page 10 of 18 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 1:05 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Is Trump really wrong about Baldwin though? I mean yeah, the conspiracy theory is a stretch, but otherwise that read to me like an accurate description of the man.

I'm not seeing anything particularly "wrong" with this portion of what he said, either:
Quote:
"But if nothing else, how do you take a gun, whether it’s loaded or not loaded, how do you take a gun, point it at somebody that’s not even in the movie, and just point it at this person and pull the trigger, and now she’s dead,” Trump said.

He could have simply said:
I'd rather not speculate about this tragedy.
Not Trump's style, unfortunately.
It is all about Trump and his assessment (and possibly simple payback).
Trump is not the sort of person who chooses the high road, ethically speaking. 8)

Brictoria wrote:
I'm sure, had the positions been reversed, that Mr Baldwin would have been considerably more outspoken on this than Mr Trump is being, and those complaining about Mr Trump's words now would have been happy to make the same type of comment about which they are now complaining...

I don't know enough about Baldwin to make a psychological assessment.
I will consider your speculation. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 5:15 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Is Trump really wrong about Baldwin though? I mean yeah, the conspiracy theory is a stretch, but otherwise that read to me like an accurate description of the man.

This is coming from Trump, a man with morbid Narcissistic Personality Disorder who can't understand or appreciate humor directed at him, and so responds with cruelty.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 5:43 pm

The situation from a legal perspective

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 5:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
This is coming from Trump, a man with morbid Narcissistic Personality Disorder who can't understand or appreciate humor directed at him, and so responds with cruelty.

Doesn't make him wrong though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:18 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It makes his conclusion about Baldwin, who he holds a grudge against, questionable.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It makes his conclusion about Baldwin, who he holds a grudge against, questionable.

And if that conclusions should happen to line up with conventional wisdom about Alec Baldwin? You're getting perilously close to saying that if Trump said the sky was blue you'd leap up to object...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:59 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And if that conclusions should happen to line up with conventional wisdom about Alec Baldwin? You're getting perilously close to saying that if Trump said the sky was blue you'd leap up to object...

I doubt anyone ever said Baldwin was the sanest guy on the planet. Just the same, Trump - even crazier - has a grudge against him for his S&L portrayals, and that is why I think what Trump says should be taken with a grain of salt. That, and the fact that Trump has a history of being a stranger to the truth.
Well, I'll be damned! I guess I am saying if Trump said the sky was blue, I'd look out the window to confirm it!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Stating the obvious. How incredibly petty is it for a former POTUS and billionaire to take advantage of a tragic accident to stick the knife in. Based on his track record Trump is the type of low-life to hold a grudge against a disabled homeless person. It's called "punching down".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:15 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's not what Trump says or does that's the real problem. It's that 75 million Americans given the man a platform to act like a buffoon and possibly re-elect him in 2024.

You might be ok with a world gone mad but some of us prefer a world leader with competence/brains to steer this ship,.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Now, let's consider your grudge against Mr Trump, and your conclusions about him...

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:18 pm

And then there's the old saying : Don't hit a man when he's down. Kick him. It's easier.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:24 pm

kokopelli wrote:
And then there's the old saying : Don't hit a man when he's down. Kick him. It's easier.

Lot's of less than noble people using the death of an innocent woman to kick Baldwin in the gut. Rather pathetic state of affairs we find in American culture.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 9:56 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Now, let's consider your grudge against Mr Trump, and your conclusions about him...

Me and the majority of Americans - - because we had to suffer under him!

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So, you're saying that the conclusions about Mr Trump by yourself (and the majority of Americans, according to you), who hold a grudge against him, are questionable.

Thanks for clarifying.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:17 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So, you're saying that the conclusions about Mr Trump by yourself (and the majority of Americans, according to you), who hold a grudge against him, are questionable.

Thanks for clarifying.

Trump is a vulgar, narcissistic confidence man who, in his worship of autocratic strongmen who he wanted be one of, tried to dissolve our ties to our traditional allies. When he lost the last election, he tried to stage a coup by attempting to pressure Mike Pence and congress to decertify the election results under threat by a right wing mob of lunatics, and has since been selling the lie that he was cheated out of the Presidency. Trust me, we have more than enough reason to hold a grudge against that orange fraud.
And yes, as the majority of Americans had voted against Trump, most of us do hold a grudge against him.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 10:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Trump explicitly stated he enjoyed/appreciated the other comedian parodying him.
Your statement has been invalidated.
Sorry. :mrgreen:

Trump actually has a very good sense of humour.
The left often misses and perverts it intentionally or unintentionally, however. 8)

But as I mentioned, he should keep his mouth shut, at times.
Fat chance of that. :roll: :mrgreen: