Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Oct 2021, 5:19 pm

Cruel and nasty as this is, I think you're aiming at the wrong target. Also, Fauci doesn't eat babies.

Instead, go after the legislation that permits it to happen - I doubt this is the only lab using animals in experiments.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 5:26 pm

My petition link was to the FDA.
The phone number is where Fauci works.
NIAID.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 5:55 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Cruel and nasty as this is, I think you're aiming at the wrong target. Also, Fauci doesn't eat babies.

Instead, go after the legislation that permits it to happen - I doubt this is the only lab using animals in experiments.

You mean, have laws such as this implemented:
Quote:
Cruelty to animals is now a federal crime under a new law signed by President Trump on Monday.

The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act (PACT) is a bipartisan initiative that bans the intentional crushing, burning, drowning, suffocating, impalement or other serious harm to "living non-human mammals, birds, reptiles, or amphibians."

The law also bans "animal crush videos," meaning any photograph, motion picture film, video or digital recording or electronic image that depicts animal cruelty.

The penalty for violating the law can include a fine, a prison term of up to seven years or both.

[...]

The new law was endorsed by some law enforcement groups, such as the National Sheriffs' Association and the Fraternal Order of Police, who say there is a link between extreme animal cruelty and violence against people.

Source: https://www.npr.org/2019/11/25/782842651/trump-signs-law-making-cruelty-to-animals-a-federal-crime

Depending on the wording used in that legislation, "Other serious harm" would seem an apprpropriate description of what was occurring.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Oct 2021, 6:07 pm

That would certainly appear to fit but I suspect there exists other legislation specifically permitting the use of animals in experiments and clearly defining boundaries of what may and may not be done to them.
In that context, the word "necessary" unfortunately carries a lot of weight.

If PACT had intended to include that usage it would have surely addressed it and made it clear, possibly even as a more detailed section specifically dealing with the use of animals in labs.

I think the whole thing is horrible beyond words. How anyone could fix caps containing flies over the eyes of any animal for any reason is utterly sickening.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 6:17 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Call Fauci.
{redacted phone number}
Press 2
Wait for a human to answer or leave a message.

I thought his number was: 3478224? :scratch: <cryptic> :mrgreen:

Is that your phone number?

No.
It spells out an expletive. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 6:19 pm

Misslizard wrote:
NIAID.

I dislike fauci the way many people dislike Trump. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 6:22 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

You mean, have laws such as this implemented:
Quote:
Cruelty to animals is now a federal crime under a new law signed by President Trump on Monday.

The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act (PACT) is a bipartisan initiative that bans the intentional crushing, burning, drowning, suffocating, impalement or other serious harm to "living non-human mammals, birds, reptiles, or amphibians."

The law also bans "animal crush videos," meaning any photograph, motion picture film, video or digital recording or electronic image that depicts animal cruelty.

The penalty for violating the law can include a fine, a prison term of up to seven years or both.

[...]

The new law was endorsed by some law enforcement groups, such as the National Sheriffs' Association and the Fraternal Order of Police, who say there is a link between extreme animal cruelty and violence against people.

Source: https://www.npr.org/2019/11/25/782842651/trump-signs-law-making-cruelty-to-animals-a-federal-crime

Depending on the wording used in that legislation, "Other serious harm" would seem an apprpropriate description of what was occurring.

From memory fauci moved his inhumane experientation to Tunisia where there are no animal cruelty laws protecting them.

The guy is human feces, in my book.
I think I will call him "The Brown Man". 8)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Oct 2021, 6:23 pm

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
NIAID.
I dislike fauci the way many people dislike Trump. 8)
You mean you grant him space inside your head? :chin: :P

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Oct 2021, 6:24 pm

Pepe wrote:
From memory fauci moved his inhumane experientation to Tunisia where there are no animal cruelty laws protecting them.
Hmm, that seems pretty indefensible if true.
Do you have any links?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 6:26 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Do you have any links?

Maybe the article in the first post of the thread which included the (already quoted):
Quote:
In August of 2021, WCW revealed that NIAID shipped part of a $375,800 grant to a lab in Tunisia (where the NIH has no oversight and there are no laws protecting animals used in experiments!).

Once again, helpless beagles are drugged, but this time, their heads were locked in mesh cages filled with hundreds of infected sand flies.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 6:33 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Do you have any links?

Maybe the article in the first post of the thread which included the (already quoted):
Quote:
In August of 2021, WCW revealed that NIAID shipped part of a $375,800 grant to a lab in Tunisia (where the NIH has no oversight and there are no laws protecting animals used in experiments!).

Once again, helpless beagles are drugged, but this time, their heads were locked in mesh cages filled with hundreds of infected sand flies.

The disgusting pig.
I would like to do the same to him. :mrgreen:

BTW, my credibility has been re-confirmed.
I related the information correctly, and virtually always do.
If I don't know something I will say so.
And if I am wrong, I will say so. But not about that pig. :mrgreen:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Oct 2021, 7:50 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Quote:

Oops yes, I missed that. :oops:

But is that actually what happened as a result of the partial grant? Or is it that just part of a grant was given to a lab in Tunisia, period?
It's certainly an implication from the somewhat over-excited White Coat Waste article, that as a direct result of the partial funding more dogs were used in experiments, but I don't see anything there to substantiate it.

It's a little confusing. On the one hand the article states, with reference to the lab in Tunisia, "Once again, helpless beagles are drugged, but this time, their heads were locked in mesh cages filled with hundreds of infected sand flies." as if it's a new horror made possible by the grant, while on the other hand the article states elsewhere "In the basement of NIAID’s lab in Bethesda, Maryland, infectious sand flies were strapped to beagles (...)"
I'm left wondering if it's one, both, or neither.

I'd also prefer to see an unobstructed version of this: Image
I can see a reference to metronidazole, an antibiotic, but nothing else.

A cordectomy is a surgical procedure which removes part or all of the vocal cords, typically in people for cases of laryngeal cancer, and not "some of the cruelest treatment imaginable". Vocal chords are not "slashed".
Not that this justifies in any way its use on dogs, just to stop barking, but the sensationalist language is again unnecessary and emotionally leading.

This, at the foot of the article, leaves me doubting the motives of the site:
Quote:
To be precise, tax dollars went to Fauci’s NIAID, which gave a grant to the shady EcoHealth Alliance, who shipped the money straight into Wuhan and probably caused the pandemic.
Last I heard this was still an unproven conspiracy theory.

But for the avoidance of doubt and overriding it all, I'd like to see no animals used for any experiments anywhere.
It's abhorrent and in many cases, totally unnecessary.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Oct 2021, 7:50 pm

Pepe wrote:
BTW, my credibility has been re-confirmed.
I related the information correctly, and virtually always do.
I think you mean "Oops, I missed it too". :P

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 8:03 pm

Cornflake wrote:
But for the avoidance of doubt and overriding it all, I'd like to see no animals used for any experiments anywhere.
It's abhorrent and in many cases, totally unnecessary.

This one in particular:
Quote:
In September 2020, Fauci’s agency did it again. WCW discovered a $424,000 grant for animal experiments at the University of Georgia, where healthy beagles are drugged, then intentionally infested with parasite-carrying flies.

Records show the dogs were “vocalizing in pain” during the experiments, before being killed.

The worst part? The experiments were completely unnecessary. Experimenters admitted that the drug they were studying “has been extensively tested and confirmed…in different animal models such as mice…Mongolian gerbils…and rhesus macaques….”

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Oct 2021, 8:10 pm

God yes. That doesn't bear thinking about. :(

My love of dogs knows no bounds; I "read" them immediately and they are the same with me. No human comes close - there is nothing like the unconditional love and understanding of a dog.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 11:38 pm

Well, it didn't take long for the satirical websites to get started:

Quote:
Fauci Hopes His Experiments On Puppies Will Distract Everyone From Experiments He Performed On Humanity For Past 18 Months

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Dr. Anthony Fauci is embroiled in controversy over his organization reportedly funding an experiment in which dogs had their heads trapped in cages and were eaten by sandflies alive, which we are told is a perfectly normal procedure performed by scientists as well as psychopathic killers in horror movies.

Fauci is hoping that the uproar over the dogs will distract everyone from something he did that was far worse: perform experiments on the populace of the United States for the past eighteen months.

"Now that everyone's upset about the puppies, maybe they'll forget about how I played god with their lives for the last year and a half," he confided to a friend, according to an anonymous source. "Everyone loves puppies. Well, except me, because I'm an evil bad guy. But people get real mad when you kill dogs for some reason. They'll get upset about this and probably try to cancel me. You know, this whole 'cancel culture' thing is really getting out of hand. You torture and murder a few dozen puppies and suddenly everyone's out to get you."

But Fauci went on to say that he thinks it's a positive development in the end, as "people have really short attention spans and they'll forget that I did something way worse than off a few dumb dogs—I experimented with the lives of 330 million people and got away with it scot-free."

Fauci then got in his evil Zeppelin and flew off to his Lair of Evilness to hatch his next villainous plot.

Source: https://babylonbee.com/news/fauci-hopes-his-experiments-on-puppies-will-distract-everyone-from-experiments-he-performed-on-humanity-for-past-18-months