Page 43 of 45 [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:46 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
No kudos for being imaginative?

I'd be more charitably inclined if he didn't regularly post the same rant down in PPR, with slightly different flavor each time. He needs some new material, this bit is getting stale.

I wish he would stop attacking people. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:48 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
In my view there was a lot of gray/borderline activity that night by multiple parties. But as one conservative commentator noted in a podcast where he shared his own conflicted feelings, at some point people have to acknowledge that if you go looking for trouble, you will find trouble, and have to be ready for the consequences. I do feel like Rittenhouse went looking for trouble.

I'd have more respect for that argument if it were made less selectively, as it applies at least as much to everyone shot by Rittenhouse as it does to Rittenhouse himself. I'd be curious how this case would have played in the media and such if everything stayed the same except that Rittenhouse was 25 and there was never any doubt about the legality of his weapon; would people be so quick to argue that it's reckless and foolish to try and protect your community from destructive rioting? When does it become okay?

Agreed. 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:50 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I hope Rittenhouse learned his lesson---and never plays the ass again.

But outside of wishful thinking, do you believe there's even a slight possibility of that? Folks who are gloating rarely learn lessons from their actions.

Agreed, but you do realise that comment applies to the people who were gloating that Rittenhouse was going to have a very difficult time in the prison system, right?
They will now be gloating that vigilantes will get him, in all probability, based on previous examples of behaviour. 8)

I'd argue those people are demonstrating that they've learned the lesson here, that certain types of vigilante violence will be condoned. They're just engaging in wishful thinking that something they'd consider to resemble justice will occur.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:52 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
In my view there was a lot of gray/borderline activity that night by multiple parties. But as one conservative commentator noted in a podcast where he shared his own conflicted feelings, at some point people have to acknowledge that if you go looking for trouble, you will find trouble, and have to be ready for the consequences. I do feel like Rittenhouse went looking for trouble.

I'd have more respect for that argument if it were made less selectively, as it applies at least as much to everyone shot by Rittenhouse as it does to Rittenhouse himself. I'd be curious how this case would have played in the media and such if everything stayed the same except that Rittenhouse was 25 and there was never any doubt about the legality of his weapon; would people be so quick to argue that it's reckless and foolish to try and protect your community from destructive rioting? When does it become okay?

Purely speculative, but if he was 25 I’d be more inclined to believe he actually held murderous intent.

I consider it far less likely that a 25 year old would have found himself in the exact same positions seeing no other course than firing the weapon.

Police know that controlling destructive rioting is dang near impossible without risking death and injury to innocent parties. It’s why they don’t tend to engage that directly.

Does the argument also apply to the dead? Yes, it does. They also carry responsibility in the situation. But they didn’t shot the weapon and end someone else’s life.

Agreed.

BTW, I believe the last guy who was shot and wounded was holding a handgun.
Please correct me if I am wrong. 8)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:53 pm

HAHAHA, cope and seethe:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:53 pm

More and more, it seems like it was a bunch of idiots chasing each other. Playing War or whatever....

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:55 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
I think the best evidence is the drone video of the Rosenbaum killing.

Rosenbaum is not even in arm's distance of Rittenhouse when the first shot occurs.

Rosenbaum never had a chance to grab the rifle.

It's hard to tell, however, it doesn't even appear Rosenbaum tried to get the rifle.

However, it does appear Rosenbaum might of had his arms extended, and he's running at Rittenhouse.

The video then shows for the next three shots, Rosenbaum is falling several feet away, Rittenhouse lowering his rifle
towards the ground, and executing Rosenbaum.

Of course, I am watching it in slow motion, like the jury requested.

Start Time 2:22:06 watch in slow motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSJb9y6BIao

Obviously, the jury had a different opinion to you.

BTW, I posted a picture where at least 2 people were attacking Rittenhouse.
It seemed to be a mob-attack/chase.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 3:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
More and more, it seems like it was a bunch of idiots chasing each other. Playing War or whatever....

Agreed.
Stupid kids. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:01 pm

Dox47 wrote:
HAHAHA, cope and seethe:

Having been gang-stalked for most of my life, I think a mob hunting down a lone individual is a bad idea. 8)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:02 pm

The ratio is just starting, and it's already brutal:

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:06 pm

The only "lesson" some people here seem to have taken to heart is "killing people is praiseworthy if you do it for the right reasons". It reeks of teenage revenge fantasies.

The only "lesson" Kyle is likely to have learned is "This is acceptable for me to do."

At least it's easy to see where people's priorities are.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I hope Rittenhouse learned his lesson---and never plays the ass again.

But outside of wishful thinking, do you believe there's even a slight possibility of that? Folks who are gloating rarely learn lessons from their actions.

Agreed, but you do realise that comment applies to the people who were gloating that Rittenhouse was going to have a very difficult time in the prison system, right?
They will now be gloating that vigilantes will get him, in all probability, based on previous examples of behaviour. 8)

I'd argue those people are demonstrating that they've learned the lesson here, that certain types of vigilante violence will be condoned. They're just engaging in wishful thinking that something they'd consider to resemble justice will occur.

I'm a little confused.
Which vigilantes are you referring to?
Those protecting property?
Or the "vigilantes" of social justice?

BTW, Isn't destroying property what protesters do, as a default, these days? :scratch:

Last edited by Pepe on 19 Nov 2021, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
I have $100 riding on an appeal being filed within one business day of a conviction, and another $50 to $90 riding on a conviction of at least one of the charges.

Looks like someone has to pay up. This is going to make the drinks I won taste so much sweeter.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:11 pm

Dox47 wrote:
The ratio is just starting, and it's already brutal:

Ignoring the facts is quite useful. :mrgreen:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:13 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
The only "lesson" some people here seem to have taken to heart is "killing people is praiseworthy if you do it for the right reasons".

It's not? I didn't think self defense was particularly controversial, let alone when the attackers were a chomo, a domestic abuser, and a career criminal engaged in a riot, the only reason people are twisted up is because of the politics and the tribalism.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:14 pm

Pepe wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
I think the best evidence is the drone video of the Rosenbaum killing.

Rosenbaum is not even in arm's distance of Rittenhouse when the first shot occurs.

Rosenbaum never had a chance to grab the rifle.

It's hard to tell, however, it doesn't even appear Rosenbaum tried to get the rifle.

However, it does appear Rosenbaum might of had his arms extended, and he's running at Rittenhouse.

The video then shows for the next three shots, Rosenbaum is falling several feet away, Rittenhouse lowering his rifle
towards the ground, and executing Rosenbaum.

Of course, I am watching it in slow motion, like the jury requested.

Start Time 2:22:06 watch in slow motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSJb9y6BIao

Obviously, the jury had a different opinion to you.

BTW, I posted a picture where at least 2 people were attacking Rittenhouse.
It seemed to be a mob-attack/chase.

We don't know yet.

At the end of trial, the judge did not allow the prosecutor to bring in lesser charges for Rosenbaum.

The prosecutor could go round #2, and charge Rittenhouse with lesser charges.

Be the hero of your life.