Page 11 of 45 [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 45  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 5:38 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I hear the cross didn't go so well for the one armed bandit...

I'm about to start watching today's questioning, but from what I've heard none of the prosecution's witnesses have been good for the prosecution (and what sort of prosecutor requests detectives not collect evidence related to a case, despite the detectives having a warrant to do so?)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:09 pm

Several law enforcement officers, alleged they deputised a “roving militia” of white nationalists to counter demonstrators protesting against the Blake shooting. Interestingly the militia left when accosted by Rosenbaum

One of the milita, Jason Lackowski, a former Marine who was on the streets of Kenosha carrying his own rifle, testified on Friday about Rosenbaum, the first man Rittenhouse shot. Lackowski said Rosenbaum was acting “belligerently” but did not appear to pose a serious threat.

Lackowski said he considered Rosenbaum a “babbling idiot”, and turned his back and ignored him. He acknowledged that he did not see everything that went on between Rittenhouse and Rosenbaum, including their final clash.

There's still a major gap in events that night (which the defence are trying to fill with their version of the truth). I asked this back in 2020 and it remains a point of contention.

Why did Rittenhouse's white militia buddies leave the then 17 year old on his own? they seem to have avoided confrontation and left. So
1. what was Rittenhouse doing hanging around there
2, If Rittenhouse was under threat (as the defence claim) then why didn't the militia have his back?
3. Did Rittenhouse provoke the crowd prancing around with a loaded weapon?
4. Did Rittenhouse aim his weapon at the crowd thinking he had the right to act as a vigilante because the cops deputised him?

If Rittenhouse manages to pull a "George Zimmerman" and avoid prosecution for everything except the gun possession charge, then next on the list of the guilty are the stupid cops who might have planted the idea in this 17 yr old's head that he and his militia buddies were given a green light to police the crowd.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:29 pm

Dox47 wrote:

I heard the same. Perhaps there is hope for the Hero of Kenosha.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:32 pm

Mikah wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I heard the same. Perhaps there is hope for the Hero of Kenosha.

That's misleading.

What he said was .. Rittenhouse first pointed his rifle at him, and reloaded, then out of fear of becoming Rittenhouse's next victim, he drew his gun in self-defense, and Rittenhouse shot him.

This sequence seems to be true, since the defense did not contradict it.

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 8:07 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
What he said was .. Rittenhouse first pointed his rifle at him, and reloaded, then out of fear of becoming Rittenhouse's next victim, he drew his gun in self-defense, and Rittenhouse shot him.

There were witnesses in 2020 who claimed Rittenhouse was in a snipers position aiming he weapon at people protesting. The idea he was an active shooter couldn't have just been imagined.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 1:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Several law enforcement officers, alleged they deputised a “roving militia” of white nationalists to counter demonstrators protesting against the Blake shooting. Interestingly the militia left when accosted by Rosenbaum

Do you have any evidence for any of these claims? Deputized? (we don't really do that here anymore). White nationalists?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 2:15 am

In case anyone wants to check out the brutal cross of Grosskreutz:

The really damaging part is at about 38:00 to about 45:00, though it's all pretty bad for the prosecutor.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 2:55 am

Dox47 wrote:
In case anyone wants to check out the brutal cross of Grosskreutz:

The really damaging part is at about 38:00 to about 45:00, though it's all pretty bad for the prosecutor.

I've been watching the footage and have just got to "lunch" following the question about admitting certain evidence (and mention of a spectator having been served a subpoena while in court and who had since left).

The direct questioning from the prosecution did go rather well for them - Mr Chirafisi has done a very good job on cross-examinations, and this is certainly no exception to that (watching the prosecutor's reaction when they appear on camera during the cross-examination is a good way to gauge how they feel their case is going).

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 3:37 am

Summing up the prosecutor's morning:

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 8:45 am

The damaging part of the Grosskruetz cross-examination seems to be that he claimed his gun clip broke and as a consequence he had to carry his pistol.

So, when he approached Rittenhouse, he had his pistol in his hand. He claimed it was not pointed at Rittenhouse.

This seemed like he's lieing. He wasn't carrying it earlier?

No attorney asked about his gun clip. Like, how did it break, when did it break?

No defense attorney pointed out or asked whether he was carrying his pistol earlier.

I'm guessing it's the metal rivet snap ...

Be the hero of your life.

Last edited by TheRobotLives on 09 Nov 2021, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 8:47 am

Having finally finished watching Monday's witnesses, the prosecution certainly seem to be struggling to find anything to disprove "self defence"...

It will be interesting to see what happens with the motion to dismiss following the prosecution closing their case - And how Mr Grosskreutz's civil cases go, with his admission in this case that he left out certain relevant facts in them...

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 9:00 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
The damaging part of the Grosskruetz cross-examination seems to be that he claimed his gun clip broke and as a consequence he had to carry his pistol.

So, when he approached Rittenhouse, he had his pistol in his hand. He claimed it was not pointed at Rittenhouse.

This seemed like he's lieing. He wasn't carrying it earlier?

No attorney asked about this gun clip.

No defense attorney pointed out or asked whether he was carrying his pistol earlier.

I'm guessing it's the metal rivet snap ...

That would be where he told investigators that he had dropped his concealed weapon (for which he held no valid permit) because the belt clip dropped, despite photographs of him holding it existing - and never making an attempt in subsequent interviews to correct this statement...

It was interesting seeing him admit that at the point where he was shot, he was holding his gun with it pointed at Mr Rittenhouse (video of this at https://twitter.com/thevivafrei/status/1457774701673996298 - the 3 commentators on the left are lawyers who produce law related content on youtube)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 4:57 pm

HD video that I hadn't seen before just dropped, shows a different angle on the first shooting (Rosenbaum), which gives a much clearer view of what happened. For those claiming that 4 shots was excessive, note how damned fast this went down, it looks like one shot on the video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1458128554026147849

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 5:50 pm

OMG, the defense just had an obviously autistic witness testify, and the prosecution's cross did not go very well. I'll try and get the clip or a highlight reel, for obvious reasons I think people here should see it, it really was like watching all of the usual stereotypes about HFA play out in open court to great effect.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
OMG, the defense just had an obviously autistic witness testify, and the prosecution's cross did not go very well. I'll try and get the clip or a highlight reel, for obvious reasons I think people here should see it, it really was like watching all of the usual stereotypes about HFA play out in open court to great effect.

I'm about to start watching "todays" portion of the trial... I'll see if any of the legal channels I watch have that footage clipped - Andrew Branca likely will have it in his write-up in a few hours (he seperates each witness and each portion of questioning of them into individual videos).

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:20 pm

Just came across a re-tweet from Glenn Greenwald about this case which does seem (based on experience\observations elsewhere) to be relatively accurate:

Quote:
It becomes very clear that the people who want to see Rittenhouse fry do not care what happened that night, just like they didn’t care what happened in the Covington Catholic incident. They want to see people they hate suffer. Period.

(original, as re-tweets can't be linked - https://twitter.com/martyrmade/status/1457815701285060608)