Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 2:17 pm

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/04/1052267118/climate-change-carbon-dioxide-emissions-global-carbon-budget

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 1:52 am

Wait! what does Sky News have to say about this?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 4:32 pm

Hah, my whole adult life it's been 10 years left, or 15, and it used to alternate between global warming, global cooling, or exponential population growth, but now they've just settled on "climate change" because they can claim virtually anything is caused by it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 6:21 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Hah, my whole adult life it's been 10 years left, or 15, and it used to alternate between global warming, global cooling, or exponential population growth, but now they've just settled on "climate change" because they can claim virtually anything is caused by it.

I don't know much about climate change. But I do know that like you, I've been hearing about how the Earth is at the end of its rope since I was child. And I'm almost 60.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 11:24 pm

Dox47 wrote:

The climate warming catastrophists have lost all credibility.
<Pepe waves at Flannery and Gore>
They have damaged their cause big time. 8)

Quote:
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
proverb You should be hesitant to trust someone who has already tricked or deceived you.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Fo ... hame+on+me

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 11:30 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I don't know much about climate change. But I do know that like you, I've been hearing about how the Earth is at the end of its rope since I was child. And I'm almost 60.

The irrationality is epic. :lmao:
If all life is threatened by CO2, why give "developing nations" a free pass?

<hyperbole>
If we are all going to die, how is that going to help the "developing nations" survive? 8O

I haven't come across such a stupid concept in a very long time.
Obviously, people (an I use the term lightly) are playing politics. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 12:07 pm

*Climate*, not just weather, has noticeably changed over just one or two generations. That’s not normal.

More than 60% of wildlife has vanished since 1970. Flying insect populations are down as well. The oceans are acidifying. Green house gasses continue to rise. Ice is melting and methane is being released. “Once in a hundred years,” storms are happening every year.

Etc etc

People did this. The Earth will go on, just maybe not inhabited by humans anymore. That’s why scientists are sounding the alarm telling people to change everything right now or we’re all super F’d. Why take a chance by ignoring them And the obvious signs that things are changing? Makes no sense at all.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 1:30 pm

It's a bit like doomsday cults. 11 years is oddly specific. Might as well be an exact day where mass suicide will take place on the 23rd hour.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 3:41 pm

Nades wrote:
It's a bit like doomsday cults. 11 years is oddly specific. Might as well be an exact day where mass suicide will take place on the 23rd hour.

After 11 years it will not make a difference if cuts to carbon emissions are made. I think that's what the number means.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
*Climate*, not just weather, has noticeably changed over just one or two generations. That’s not normal.

Food production has significantly increased, as a result of a warmer climate. :thumright:

Also, I think god wants the earth's temperature to rise.
The hotter climate mitigates the affect of Covid. 8)

goldfish21 wrote:
More than 60% of wildlife has vanished since 1970. Flying insect populations are down as well. The oceans are acidifying. Green house gasses continue to rise. Ice is melting and methane is being released. “Once in a hundred years,” storms are happening every year.

Etc etc

Species extinction has always happened, apparently, but there is no sign of the Greta style "mass extinction" going on, to my knowledge.
Thankfully, there is still snow in the arctic and the Polar bear population has significantly increased. :mrgreen:
Other reports mention storms are less frequent.
Damn, who do you believe? :scratch:

goldfish21 wrote:
People did this. The Earth will go on, just maybe not inhabited by humans anymore.

That may be a good thing.
Where there is life, there is suffering. 8)

goldfish21 wrote:
That’s why scientists are sounding the alarm telling people to change everything right now or we’re all super F’d. Why take a chance by ignoring them And the obvious signs that things are changing? Makes no sense at all.

I heard a report recently that 500 scientists have signed a paper condemning "Climate Catastrophists" for fear-mongering.
"Interesting". 8)

Dirty filthy humans *are* having an effect on the earth, but catastrophization only destroys the cause's, err, cause. 8O

BTW, Was it Al Gorey who predicted we should all be dead by now? :scratch:
I don't feel dead.
Hang on...
Nope, still alive. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:15 pm

Nades wrote:

Apparently, Prince Charles has had to revise his temperature tipping point, causing all life extinction, 3 or 4 times now, because the previous deadlines had passed without the event happening.
What's with that? :scratch: :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:19 pm

We are already finding ways to cut emissions.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:

After 11 years it will not make a difference if cuts to carbon emissions are made. I think that's what the number means.

If we only have 11 years, better scoot over to China and stop their 28% of world CO2 emission.

Oh, wait.
They need to build their military to threaten the world and us in particular. 8O :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We are already finding ways to cut emissions.

I'm not.
I am deliberately eating more bananas to increase my methane production. :mrgreen:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm

Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:

Apparently, Prince Charles has had to revise his temperature tipping point, causing all life extinction, 3 or 4 times now, because the previous deadlines had passed without the event happening.

AHH nice. Like all Doomsdayers then.

What ok earth where his deadlines though lol? That's news to me?

Prince Charles is also an buffoon. He's got the carbon footprint of a small country yet it's everyone else's problem.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:42 pm

Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:

AHH nice. Like all Doomsdayers then.

What ok earth where his deadlines though lol? That's news to me?

Prince Charles is also an buffoon. He's got the carbon footprint of a small country yet it's everyone else's problem.

Many have made this point about him and other "Celebrities".
"Do as I say, not as I do."
There is never a shortage of hypocrisy, in the world. 8)