Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:03 pm

Do you think there will be another lockdown in England?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:30 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Do you think there will be another lockdown in England?

That's the plan.

Look into the 'World Economic Forum' & Klaus Schwab and his 'Great Reset'. A lot of people will dismiss it as a 'conspiracy theory' because they are fearful, but basically, a bunch of billionaires right now are trying to 'restructure' society for their own benefit & capitalistic tendencies.

Pretty much everything on the internet now is just propaganda. If you read something like this and you realise it is true based on what is happening with current world events, then you are free from gaslighting.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 2:11 pm

I'm surprised there hasn't been one already.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 2:40 pm

I can’t speak for the UK, but I know your vax rate is higher than ours, and omicron is a mild variant, so I’m guessing a lockdown, at this point, is unlikely.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 3:50 pm

Lockdown-lite is a more likely possibility but either way, nobody really cares anymore. Covid passes are the most likely measure.

The muppets asking for covid passes at the doors to venues will be in for one hell of a miserable Christmas's this year. I imagine a lot of arguments will ensue. For a start, I can't even get a long term covid pass as my phone won't play ball when applying.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 7:37 am

It's going to depend very much on how badly omicron impacts on the NHS. The only reason the UK ever locked down was to protect the NHS.

I can't help but conclude that Bojo's sudden concern about Omicron is more about improving his headlines than anything else. Not that a wave isn't coming, but we knew that weeks ago (when the Conservatives still led the polls) and it wasn't panic stations then.

Johnson will resist lockdown as long as he can. He doesn't have the moral authority to do it, nor does he have the votes in his own party to do it. He'll have to rely on opposition votes (as he did this week for his plan B measures) and that makes him look like a weak leader (which he is). It would be politically very damaging for him.

That said, if the newspapers have photos of an overwhelmed NHS on their covers and people are dying without hospital treatment, then he will have to lock down. He won't have a choice.

So we have to hope that the reports coming out of SA, that Omicron is a milder variant resulting in fewer hospitalisations, even if it's more transmissable, are accurate. And that it will replace Delta as the dominant strain.

And then we have to start voting for people who will ensure that our health service is properly funded and not systematically hollowed out and run to the brink of collapse each winter even when there isn't a global pandemic to add pressure.

I now think it's quite unlikely we will lock down again, but we'll see.