“Fan” Rittenhouse meets with Trump

Page 5 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 1:35 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Have you also noticed that a large number of those people who were the most "knowledgable" about what "Q" people believed tend to be in this category?

It is certainly interesting to observe the number of people who accuse "Q" (or Trump) of certain negative actions\beliefs\character traits and then go and do the same things themselves, seeing nothing wrong with their doing so...

You mean those folks who can't spell GOP without a Q, or America without a bunch of superfluous U's and/or K's? As a matter of fact I had noticed that the people who nutpick the most frequently here are not very impressive generally and tend to display a lot of the same traits they claim to deplore in others, I suspect it's a narcissism of small differences thing. I really didn't see this Rittenhouse conspiracy coming though, that's a new one.

I thought it was only the wacky right that indulged in "Conspiracy Theories". :scratch:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 1:43 pm

Some people might appreciate this.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 1:44 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

DW_a_mom wrote:
More likely the prosecutors desperately wanted to deliver for the families of the victims, perhaps be heroes themselves, and just didn't have the acumen.

Or, you know, the law and facts.

When it comes to adversaries sparing, the law and facts do not, unfortunately, always win. I’ve seen some good smoke and mirrors by sharp experts in my time and have *ahem* succeeded a few times myself (albeit not in a court of law, but it’s the same haggle). It’s great fun, but I have an obvious ethical problem if prosecutors do it with people’s lives, instead of, say, tax dollars or insurance negotiations.

Do tell. 8O

DW_a_mom wrote:
But a very important part of any smoke and mirrors game is assessing the chances of success, because starting on the path and failing will usually get a worse result than not playing at all.

Indeed. 8)

DW_a_mom wrote:
So I don’t know if the prosecutors lacked the acumen to understand their case, felt the show was necessary win or lose, lacked ethics plus lacked the acumen to pull off a win with bad facts, or lacked ethics plus the acumen to know their own limits as magicians. In any of these scenarios, I feel like my description works.

Unfortunately, I only entered the Rittenhouse thread late in the piece, so I don't have a comprehensive view, but from what I did see, it seems the prosecution was pathetic.
Someone mentioned they were appointed by the court, so that may be the reason why they seemed to lack lacked legal acumen.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 1:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Makes me wonder if it would have been better for him to never have been charged at all.

He should never have been charged based on the evidence, I said as much from the beginning, and even the state's charging documents read more like a clearing statement. The entire prosecution was political from the start, so if you don't like the ending, you have only your fellow liberals to blame.

I'll give credit to Mark Richards, he's a very good defense lawyer. Dotted his Is and crossed his ts. He also coached Rittenhouse well.

But he has that sinister smile that you hate so much. 8O

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall as he was coaching Rittenhouse to do the "cry face". Should have checked his jacket for lemon rinds.

So, you have never been in a position where you might spend the rest of your life in gaol when you are only 17. :scratch:

I think you are being disingenuous. :mrgreen:

Hey Bill Burr is on your side, he despises woketivists like me (but his take on Rittenhouse's fake crying is golden)

"Individualism."
You keep on referring to that word.
I don't think it means what you think it means. :scratch:

Are you suggesting that I have to agree with someone who isn't a wokeist simply because he isn't?
That I can't think for myself?

Perhaps you are projecting. :chin:
Or perhaps you are simply poor at debating. :scratch:

I, on the other "hand", am a master when it comes to masturbating mass debating. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 2:02 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Maybe the tears were real, maybe not.A good defense attorney will coach you on how to walk, what to wear , what to say or not, and what emotions to show or not.

Well, I have studied psychology in depth.
I have profoundly reflected on my own emotional mechanism.
I'm convinced Rittenhouse's emotions were genuine.
I said so, in the first post I made, from memory.
I would react the same way if I was in a court of law facing life imprisonment.

But, hey, that's just me.
A wacky stinky skunk. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 2:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course defense attorneys do that.

I never said Rittenhouse was a choirboy. I believe the tears were for real, though. He went to Kenosha looking for trouble…and he certainly found it. He’s lucky he doesn’t have a conviction for a lesser charge on his record as a result of what he did.

I’m worried that Trump will use him as a symbol for what he believes in. That white supremacists will rally around his symbolism.

You do realise that is just your *opinion*, right?
And based on the facts presented at the trial, it is a wrong *opinion*.
I can go through the facts, if you like. 8)

Once again, what lesser charge are you referring to?

Of course and of course, they will use it to their advantage.
Trump will use it...
The White Supremacists will use it...

What part of "Politics" don't you understand? :scratch: :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 3:45 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Anyone else getting creeped out by this level of obsession with a teen's tears by a grown man? Kinda gross.

You mean Bill Burr? or are you attacking me as usual?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 3:50 pm

Misslizard wrote:
=A good defense attorney will coach you on how to walk, what to wear , what to say or not, and what emotions to show or not.

Which was my point. Dox47 is pretending he's a psychiatrist and feigning outrage (the very thing he accuses me of 24-7).

Just google any 16-17 yr old charged with murder or reckless driving resulting in death and watch the crying and waterworks. Then read the comments. In 99% of these cases the comments refer to orchestrated fake crying set up/coached by the defense. It's not rocket science. It's an attempt to sway the jury of remorse to mitigate the sentence.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 3:53 pm

@pepe

right....so how is it an anti-woke comic (perhaps the most popular in the world) can say something that you will carefully side-step like dog-poo but then claim I am the one who can't think for myself?? it doesn't work pepe

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 4:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
@pepe

right....so how is it an anti-woke comic (perhaps the most popular in the world) can say something that you will carefully side-step like dog-poo but then claim I am the one who can't think for myself?? it doesn't work pepe

Umm.
Well, for one thing, you are, as always, simply following the hard left-wing anti-Rittenhouse narrative.
You just got lucky with that comedian, assuming what you have said is accurate.
I didn't watch your video, so I don't know for sure. :wink:

BTW, What's with the "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" routine with you?
Will the real cyber raise his hand? :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 4:15 pm

Pepe wrote:

I haven't had my coffee!!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 4:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Anyone else getting creeped out by this level of obsession with a teen's tears by a grown man? Kinda gross.

You mean Bill Burr? or are you attacking me as usual?

A binarist, as always. <sigh>
It doesn't have to be one or the other.
He could mean *both*. :mrgreen:

Ask him.
Oh, you did. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 4:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I haven't had my coffee!!

Strange.
I would have guessed you had too much. :scratch: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 4:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Meanwhile…..three men in Georgia (in the South) were convicted of murder within a vigilante action—by a jury of 11 white people and one black person. This would probably not have happened even 10 years ago.

The verdict was a no-brainer. 8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 10:08 pm

I'm not even surprised he was a Trump supporter, now I can say he is a Trump lover.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 10:13 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I'm not even surprised he was a Trump supporter, now I can say he is a Trump lover.

Why *would* you be surprised?
Trump supported him while Biden painted him as a White Supremacist. 8)

Quote:
Kyle Rittenhouse, the teen who was acquitted of murder last week after a jury found he acted in self-defense when he shot and killed two people and injured a third during civil unrest in Kenosha, Wis., last summer, accused President Biden of defaming him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/582747-rit ... m-to-white