Australia as a whole, and the coolest November this century.

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 6:55 pm

I do what everybody else does on PPR and News......I express my opinion.

I agree with you on some things----and I disagree with you on others.

It's like that cartoon with the Wolf and the Sheepdog.....they battle it out for 8 hours, then they have a beer afterwards. That's the way it should be. We debate, yet we are friends.

This is why the American political situation is so depressing. We have lost the ability to see each other as people, rather than as ideologies. It's either you're "one of us," or you're nothing at all. That's bullcrap. It has the potential to destroy our country.

I've always defended you with your Pepe LePew thing....and I got roundly attacked for it. He's just sort of a lovelorn guy; he's harmless. When he is shown being too forward and physical with the ladies, this was an effort to mock him, not to condone that behavior.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 7:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I do what everybody else does on PPR and News......I express my opinion.

I agree with you on some things----and I disagree with you on others.

It's like that cartoon with the Wolf and the Sheepdog.....they battle it out for 8 hours, then they have a beer afterwards. That's the way it should be. We debate, yet we are friends.

This is why the American political situation is so depressing. We have lost the ability to see each other as people, rather than as ideologies. It's either you're "one of us," or you're nothing at all. That's bullcrap. It has the potential to destroy our country.

I've always defended you with your Pepe LePew thing....and I got roundly attacked for it. He's just sort of a lovelorn guy; he's harmless. When he is shown being too forward and physical with the ladies, this was an effort to mock him, not to condone that behavior.

You are forgiven. 8)
Hug? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 7:58 pm

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
The perverse fantasies of Extinction Rebellion's founder
Brendan O'Neill

If we don’t cut carbon emissions, your mother will be raped. This is the deranged prediction of Roger Hallam, the weird-beard co-founder of Extinction Rebellion. Eco-doomsters used to say the ice caps would melt and polar bears would perish unless we all went green. Now they’re upping the ante. Now they’re prophesising gang rape, murder and war if you don’t shrink your eco-footprint. Better get recycling.

Hallam’s nutty foretelling of an epidemic of rape appears in a piece of writing titled ‘Advice to Young People, as you Face Annihilation’. He’s a cheery soul, isn’t he? Apparently he wrote it when he was in jail for four weeks last year on suspicion of conspiracy to commit criminal damage. The whole thing is nuts. The world is a ‘gas chamber’ and ‘the gas which will kill you has been sent down the pipes in vast quantities for 30 years now’, says Hallam. Which is pretty bloody offensive. If climate-change alarmists could go just a few days without appropriating the horrors of the Holocaust to their moany middle-class cause, we’d be most grateful.

https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/11/th ... s-founder/
Though, I agree there is a global emergency. Not because something horrible is going to happen really soon but rather that something horrible is happening slowly but it is so big that stopping it is unlikely.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 7:59 pm

Ah....what the heck? :)

I'd rather have grape juice than a beer.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 9:57 pm

Everybody kiss and make up, now.

8O

The great and powerful Issy has spoken.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 11:07 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Everybody kiss and make up, now.

8O

The great and powerful Issy has spoken.

She who must be obeyed. :hail: :mrgreen:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 6:33 pm

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:15 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:
The perverse fantasies of Extinction Rebellion's founder
Brendan O'Neill

If we don’t cut carbon emissions, your mother will be raped. This is the deranged prediction of Roger Hallam, the weird-beard co-founder of Extinction Rebellion. Eco-doomsters used to say the ice caps would melt and polar bears would perish unless we all went green. Now they’re upping the ante. Now they’re prophesising gang rape, murder and war if you don’t shrink your eco-footprint. Better get recycling.

Hallam’s nutty foretelling of an epidemic of rape appears in a piece of writing titled ‘Advice to Young People, as you Face Annihilation’. He’s a cheery soul, isn’t he? Apparently he wrote it when he was in jail for four weeks last year on suspicion of conspiracy to commit criminal damage. The whole thing is nuts. The world is a ‘gas chamber’ and ‘the gas which will kill you has been sent down the pipes in vast quantities for 30 years now’, says Hallam. Which is pretty bloody offensive. If climate-change alarmists could go just a few days without appropriating the horrors of the Holocaust to their moany middle-class cause, we’d be most grateful.

https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/11/th ... s-founder/
Though, I agree there is a global emergency. Not because something horrible is going to happen really soon but rather that something horrible is happening slowly but it is so big that stopping it is unlikely.

Talk to the biggest CO2 emitter. 8)

I don't know if this post of mine was previously deleted of I forgot to hit "submit"?
Try again. :?