Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 3:18 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Eddie Brock wrote:
Poor tree :(

The article describes it as "artificial". So it was plastic. No real woody plant was harmed! :lol:

They check the local hospitals for any record of first aid administered for inhalation of burnt plastic :lol:

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm

I wonder what the marshmallows tasted like?

But on the serious side.... how the hell did that plastic monstrosity cost $500,000?????

Note to all: My user ID doesn't mean I'm going to explode at you it just means that I may contain...a different kind of thunder.

Eddie Brock
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Dec 2021, 3:27 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
I wonder what the marshmallows tasted like?

But on the serious side.... how the hell did that plastic monstrosity cost $500,000?????

I was wondering the same.

not the taste, the price.

Last edited by Eddie Brock on 09 Dec 2021, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 3:27 pm

Tax write-off

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 4:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Eddie Brock wrote:

The article describes it as "artificial". So it was plastic. No real woody plant was harmed! :lol:

Poor *artificial* tree.
Artificial trees are people too. <joke> :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 4:12 pm

Eddie Brock wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Eddie Brock wrote:

Feel much better now , thanks :D

Isn't that more than a little Politically Incorrect?
I.E. Artificial trees have feelings, too. :(
Rather treeist, imo. :shameonyou:
Dude. 8O
<joke> :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 1:29 am

Looks it was a homeless guy

And he's free on bail after 24hrs
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... later.html

TwisterUprocker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2021, 1:59 am

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fox-square-c ... ee-no-bail

This is what I like to call "media third person", where the news outlet mentions themselves in third person.

Quote:
The 49-year-old suspect who was arrested Wednesday in connection with the alleged torching of a Christmas tree outside the New York City headquarters of Fox News and News Corp. has been freed on no bail.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 9:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
Looks it was a homeless guy

And he's free on bail after 24hrs
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... later.html

Poor fella was just trying to get warm by setting a fire.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 10:01 am

Yep. No political agenda. Not even deliberate vandalism. Just a hapless immigrant from some place like Samoa (judging from his looks and name)down on his luck in the winter cold trying to keep warm.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 10:14 am

Fox News Contributor Goes On Wild 'Pearl Harbor' Rant About Burned Christmas Tree; the Rev. Jacques DeGraff drew ridicule for his comments during the lighting ceremony of a tree replacing the one that was torched.

The Rev. Jacques DeGraff evoked Pearl Harbor during Thursday's lightning ceremony of the replacement for the tree that was set afire early Wednesday.

"Somebody asked me, 'Why are you here?'  I'm here because these colors don't run," DeGraff said in comments televised live on "The Five."

"Eighty years ago this week, they tried to extinguish the darkness in a place called Pearl Harbor," DeGraff continued.  "We didn't fold then and we won't fold now because we've come this far by faith. In our tradition, we say 'this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. And the red, the white, the blue and the light of America, we're going to let it shine."

Source:
 This Huffington Post Article 

:scratch: Aroo?

1) The colors of a Christmas tree don't run?

2) Pearl Harbor was a place of 'darkness' that 'they' tried to extinguish?

3) How many lives were lost at Pearl Harbor compared to those taken at the Fox Tree Burning?  I haven't seen the final death toll yet.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 4:16 pm

fnord, I think he means Americans [red white and blue] dont run from demented hobos with exposed cocks and cocked lighters. Doesnt make the rest of what he said correct, but perhaps more understandable.

naturalplastic wrote:
Yep. No political agenda.

GM says hold my beer.

The 49-year-old not only has several previous arrests on his record, he was recently arrested for exposing himself outside the Ghislaine Maxwell trial in the city

Last edited by The_Znof on 10 Dec 2021, 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 4:28 pm

Well. Howdaya know that isnt also just a coincidence?

He is just demented perv vagrant who happened to be there doing his thing.

What statement would "exposing yourself" in front of the courthouse where Epstein's henchwoman is being tried make anyway?

------------

How is that for breaking a glass ceiling? She is the first person to be called a "henchwoman". Lol!

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 4:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Well. Howdaya know that isnt also just a coincidence?

He is just demented perv vagrant who happened to be there doing his thing.

What statement would "exposing yourself" in front of the courthouse where Epstein's henchwomen is being tried make anyway?

Im not claiming to know anything, Im trying to read between the lines, because there are scant lines on a trash source here.

The accused arsonist - wearing a blue jacket and jeans - was asked what happened and appeared incoherent.

'You see, the mother society that raped the daughter's mom, they set it on fire,' he said.

'Ask the moms who molest their daughters how they feel about it.' It was not clear what this was in reference to.

Tamanaha then asked for a cigarette and said he was going home. He then denied the charges before leaving.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 6:22 pm

It was ANTIFA.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 6:30 pm

League_Girl wrote:
It was ANTIFA.

Apparently, he is a Samoan white supremacist. <joke> :mrgreen:

And one more thing,