Trump finally reveals his Anti-Semitism.

Page 11 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 11:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I'd rather base my support of Israel on a friendship with another pluralistic democracy rather than what I believe is an errant interpretation of Revelations, a book that possibly shouldn't have even been canonized.

There's more scripture tied into it than Revelation. We should've been having this conversation here

I - and my theology - aren't much given to millennialism.

The view held by the Lutheran church is allmillennialism.

I'm not much given to millennialism and end times prophecy either.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 18 Oct 2022, 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 11:05 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I'd rather base my support of Israel on a friendship with another pluralistic democracy rather than what I believe is an errant interpretation of Revelations, a book that possibly shouldn't have even been canonized.

There's more scripture tied into it than Revelation. We should've been having this conversation here

I - and my theology - aren't much given to millennialism.

The view held by the Lutheran church is allmillennialism.

That is correct.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 3:51 pm

Well I think calling Trump anti-semitic just because he says American Jewish people do not back Israel is kind of a reach since he seems pro Israel as a result. That would be like if a politician in Israel called out citizens from the US who live there for being anti-American, and then accusing that politician of being anti-American when he is saying Americans who live there, should be more pro-America.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 5:00 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well I think calling Trump anti-semitic just because he says American Jewish people do not back Israel is kind of a reach since he seems pro Israel as a result. That would be like if a politician in Israel called out citizens from the US who live there for being anti-American, and then accusing that politician of being anti-American when he is saying Americans who live there, should be more pro-America.

I agree.

Am not a fan of Trump, nor am I fan of what he said. But what he said here (whether you agree with it or not) just doesnt strike me as "antisemitic". Unless I am missing something. Like you said it would be as if Biden were to say "Ukrainian Americans should do more to help Ukraine against Russia" (a statement that would anti Russian, not anti Ukrainian).

Folks put his statement into the same basket as old school antisemitism by equating it with the old charge against Jews that "Jews have divided loyalty - and not full red blooded patriots to our country because they are loyal to Israel".

Trump seems to be saying that American Jews should be MORE loyal to Israel than they are! And further...that Israel might down the tubes if American Jews dont "get with it and support Israel". So you could fault Trump for demanding unquestioning loyalty to Israel and all its policies (which is a questionable demand to make of Jews, or of anyone else). But I dont see how it shows Trump to be "antisemitic".