Trump finally reveals his Anti-Semitism.

Page 3 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:06 pm

Oh okay. But Trump is not part of those original Europeans and he doesn't believe that Jewish Americans will be deported back if Israel is supported though, so I don't think Trump could have similar motivations, since it doesn't work like that anymore.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:08 pm

Many Palestinians were driven off their land upon the creation of Israel in 1948. The area was known as Palestine for generations. It wasn’t fair to the Palestinians.

I believe in a 2-state solution.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:13 pm

ironpony wrote:
Another thing, is I don't see how Trumps remarks about Jewish people not caring enough about Israel is anti-semetic of him. If Trump is pro-Israel, than that would make him Pro-semetic, wouldn't it? It sounds to me like he is Pro-semetic, and is harping on American Jewish people for not being as Pro-semetic as him for the Jewish population of Israel. Or at least that is what it seems to come across as to me.

It IS a bit of a seeming contradiction. He manages to be pro Israel and sound antisemitc, at the same time.

What he did was repeat old antisemitic tropes about how the "Jews control everything".

Trump says "Jews control the media, and because they control the media, they control Congress". But then he laments about how now Jews arent using their all encompassing power to support Israel anymore.

Kinda like when Jagger sings "you dont try very hard to please me. With what you know it should be easy."

Last edited by naturalplastic on 24 Dec 2021, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DmitriNicholaev
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2021, 4:16 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay. But Trump is not part of those original Europeans and he doesn't believe that Jewish Americans will be deported back if Israel is supported though, so I don't think Trump could have similar motivations, since it doesn't work like that anymore.

It's the same reason why this is considered racist:

Telling a minority group how to act can be racist as its saying being from said minority group means you're expected to conform to certain expectations only on account of your background

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:19 pm

Trump likes Israel because he doesn’t care care for the Arabic states.

I wonder if he knows that some Arabs are Christians.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:35 pm

But that's just it though. I see what people are saying that it might come off as anti-semetic to tell Jewish people that they are not Jewish unless they are this or that, etc. However, Trump seems to support Israel, so he does have some passion there, so I wonder how anti-semetic can he be though, if he wants to support Israel.

It's like people label Mel Gibson as anti-semetic even though he used a lot of his money and time, to make and direct a movie about a famous Jewish person. Seems like a lot of money and time spend on a movie about A Jewish person and event, for someone who is supposedly anti-Semetic.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump likes Israel because he doesn’t care care for the Arabic states.

I wonder if he knows that some Arabs are Christians.

Oh okay. but if this is the case, it still seems incorrect to label Trump as anti-Semetic, since he likes Israel. It seems he might be anti-Arab therefore instead?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:47 pm

He’s anti-Semitic because he stereotypes Jews.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:49 pm

But that doesn't mean he is ant-Semetic. He still supports the Israel cause. That just makes him a stereotyper, but that doesn't mean he is against them though, does it?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:52 pm

ironpony wrote:
But that's just it though. I see what people are saying that it might come off as anti-semetic to tell Jewish people that they are not Jewish unless they are this or that, etc. However, Trump seems to support Israel, so he does have some passion there, so I wonder how anti-semetic can he be though, if he wants to support Israel.

It's like people label Mel Gibson as anti-semetic even though he used a lot of his money and time, to make and direct a movie about a famous Jewish person. Seems like a lot of money and time spend on a movie about A Jewish person and event, for someone who is supposedly anti-Semetic.

Where you born yesterday? Do have ANY education at all?

We on this site cant teach you EVERY thing that your parents and the school system failed to teach you.

Read a few books.

The Catholic Church historically spent zillions of dollars on Cathedrals devoted to the worship of a guy who happened to be Jewish, but the Catholic Church also fostered persecution of the Jews for centuries. More than any other institution in history. Not saying they do that today. My point is Christians and Jews have historically been in conflict despite (or maybe because of)the fact that Christians worship a Jewish guy. How did you make it to adulthood without being aware of that?

Last edited by naturalplastic on 24 Dec 2021, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:53 pm

If Trump believes Jews own the media, he’s an anti-Semite.

I think he has sort of a “grudging respect” for Jews…..but believing in these stereotypes can be dangerous, because Hitler also believed in those stereotypes.

I’m not equating Trump with Hitler.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Where you born yesterday? Do have ANY education at all?

We on this site cant teach you EVERY thing that your parents and the school system failed to teach you.

The Catholic Church historically spent zillions of dollars on Cathedrals devoted to the worship of a guy who happened to be Jewish, but the Catholic Church also fostered persecution of the Jews for centuries. More than any other institution in history. Not saying they do that today. My point is Christians and Jews have historically been in conflict despite (or maybe because of)the fact that Christians worship a Jewish guy. How did you make it to adulthood without being aware of that?

I guess I didn't go to Catholic school. Well it just seems to be inconsisent. Why persecute Jews, if you worship a Jewish guy. I guess in school they didn't teach about the motivation for the inconsistency.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 4:56 pm

Because Christians sometimes believed that Jews ratted out Jesus, and caused his Crucifixion, especially in the old days.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 5:06 pm

But that doesn't explain why Catholic people would be against all Jewish people, just because some Jewish people ratted out another Jew. Seems like there is more to it than that?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 5:14 pm

The Jews ...stayed Jews. A huge swath of the world converted to Christianity. But Christ's own neighbors didnt see the light and follow Jesus despite him being one of them. So whats wrong with them? And there is what Krafty said. The Gentile Romans actually killed him but, some interpret the New Testament accounts as showing the Jews fingering him. Which is messed up that the whole group gets blamed for what one mob did. But thats the thinking.

So thats the basics of Christian antisemitism.

And European civilization has spawned secular antisemites. But I dont wanna go into the complex 2000 history. Just the basics.

Muslims honor Christ as a true prophet who paved the way for Mohammed (like how both Christians and Muslims honor the prophets of the Old Testament that preceded Christ), but that doesnt stop modern Muslims from being in conflict with both Jews and with Israel. And all three faiths being at each other's throats.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 5:28 pm

ironpony wrote:
But that doesn't explain why Catholic people would be against all Jewish people, just because some Jewish people ratted out another Jew. Seems like there is more to it than that?

Most Catholics aren't Anti-Semites today, as most Protestants aren't, despite Luther's Anti-Semitic outbursts when his physical illnesses in later life finally caught up with his mental capacities.