Neil Young's music removed from Spotify

Page 11 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 8:19 pm

Dox47 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Update from the non-racist podcaster:

Are you implying that he's a racist because he's used the word? Cause I've said that word a lot over the years, including here before it was bowdlerized, in the exact same manner Rogan did, for use in discussion. The way we treat it now, like a taboo that can't even be spoken in order to discuss it instead of as a merely offensive term that shouldn't be used casually is absurd and offensive in it's own right, as if black people are so fragile that they'll fall apart if they hear the word or see it written out by someone lacking sufficient melanin in their skin.

Rogan shouldn't have apologized.

I don't listen to Rogan to know if he should have apologized because I don't know the context. That is the whole problem, context is being canceled by the wokes. The full word should be allowed to be said when debating the use of the word or reporting what somebody said. The use of "the N-Word" euphemism trivializes how bad the actual word is. Plus as an autistic I want things to be literal. When I was being been bullied as a kid they called me "retarded" and "k*e", not the f*****g "R-Word" or "K-Word".
Off Topic
I have noticed that "k*e" is not starred out by this and any software I have seen and I have never seen the "K-Word" euphemism used. Interesting. While I am glad about that for the reasons stated above I guess that is what happens when you are low priority in the intersectionality oppression Olympics :skull:.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 8:26 pm

Quote:
Let's all play a very dumb game!

RULES:
1. There's a magical word.
2. People who-kinda-sorta-look-alike-or-something, they get to use THE WORD freely.
3. If 'other kind of people' use THE WORD in any context (or even a word that sounds similar) — They’re out! Maybe forever?

Source: https://twitter.com/kmele/status/1489990158434717700

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 9:47 pm

Looks like a DNC SuperPAC has been credited with the Joe Rogan take-down, MeidasTouch is the Super PAC and they partnered with patroittakes.com releasing the n-word video, then taking credit for the media clout.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2022, 10:31 am

I've been listening to reactions from black Youtubers this morning, and are certainly no shortage of those who believe he did anything wrong, like the fellow below:

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2022, 10:33 am

Willing to wager folks here supporting him have never been called the N word.
https://thegrio.com/2022/01/21/the-prob ... -boys/amp/
https://thegrio.com/2022/01/27/joe-roga ... -yall/amp/

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Feb 2022, 10:49 am

Dox47 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Update from the non-racist podcaster:

Are you implying that he's a racist because he's used the word? Cause I've said that word a lot over the years, including here before it was bowdlerized, in the exact same manner Rogan did, for use in discussion. The way we treat it now, like a taboo that can't even be spoken in order to discuss it instead of as a merely offensive term that shouldn't be used casually is absurd and offensive in it's own right, as if black people are so fragile that they'll fall apart if they hear the word or see it written out by someone lacking sufficient melanin in their skin.

Rogan shouldn't have apologized.

I’m suggesting he’s racist for a combination of how he’s used the word and other incidents, like describing a majority-black neighbourhood as “Planet of the Apes”.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2022, 11:15 am

The sad thing about all this is that it's become a major smokescreen to cover up the real reason they went after Rogan in the first place: He had on doctors who had positions that didn't jive with official narrative on Covid and the vaccines, much of which has been misleading.

It was never about saving lives, it was always about maximum profits for pharmaceutical companies. Whether you believe in the vaccines or not, this is a very scary time we live in when so many people are easily manipulated by the media.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2022, 6:53 pm

Off Topic
Quote:
I have noticed that "k*e" is not starred out by this and any software I have seen and I have never seen the "K-Word" euphemism used. Interesting. While I am glad about that for the reasons stated above I guess that is what happens when you are low priority in the intersectionality oppression Olympics :skull:.

Since I posted this, the slur has been starred out by the powers that be. Very interesting. Score plus one for consistency, score minus one for my agency as a Jew. If only other software bugs here could be fixed that quickly(LOL).

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2022, 6:28 pm

The latest Joe Rogan outrage:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 4:16 pm

Nice little illustration of the insanity of trying to brand Rogan as a right wing bigot:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 6:13 pm

If it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck,….
https://www.mediamatters.org/joe-rogan- ... anti-trans

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 6:34 pm

Hahaha, a literal propaganda outlet, this must be a joke.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 6:49 pm

And YouTube is your only source?
They post a source to every offensive thing he’s said.Like,
Mocking the trans community.
Laughing that women were coerced into having sex with some old pervert to get a job.
Yeah, he’s a class act.
He does seem to appeal to the masses, and they never were that bright.Sort of like the National Enquirer in podcast form.
NPR weighs in.
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/09/10792712 ... ontroversy

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 7:03 pm

Joe Rogan is right by being wrong. It looks like it didn't hit a damn thing because 6.5x52mm Carcano transfers too little energy, does not expand, just glances off and exits. If anything I actually now believe that a single bullet could have traveled through both JFK and the governor. In the context of this cartridge, it's completely plausible.

I know you might be in a hurry to point out that Brandon is failing at catching those bullets, it's actually quite telling regarding what's going on. The bullet keeps all the energy (which is why it isn't caught) and veers off at rather extreme angles, making the proposed complex path through the governor rather plausible.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 7:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:

LOL, my "source" is that I've actually watched his show, that video was merely a highlight reel of things he's said that complicates the moronic narrative you're peddling. You realize that Youtube is not a "source", right? That they don't actually produce the videos that appear on the site?

Last edited by Dox47 on 10 Feb 2022, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 8:40 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

LOL, my "source" is that I've actually watched his show, that video was merely a highlight real of things he's said that complicates the moronic narrative you're peddling. You realize that Youtube is not a "source", right? That they don't actually produce the videos that appear on the site?

Yeah ,but some people use it like one.
Like they consider a podcast to be the place to get all their vital info.
I’ve watched enough to know it’s tasteless ,(not just compilations), and he’s a meathead.
A food critic or wine critic won’t finish a meal or a glass that’s swill.And I don’t have to watch every podcast he ever made to know he is.
If your only source is you, that’s not much.