Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:53 am

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Bolsanaro is being held responsible for the 600,000 COVID deaths in Brasil and may be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/ ... -questions
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... oronavirus
https://theconversation.com/bolsonaro-f ... ads-170332

He's also tweeted support for Joe Rogan :lol:

I was just wondering if he might have had input in that study claiming horse dewormer cures more people with Covid than the actual vaccine.

Given the study from Brazil which I posted said nothing about the "vaccine", instead comparing the outcomes of people taking regular doses of Ivermectin, compared to those who did not - In fact "vaccine" isn't mentioned anywhere in the study - I'm not sure which study you are referring to: do you have a link to the study you are disparaging, as I'm curious as to what was tested, and how this occurred in it?

Of course, this also makes me wonder - You do realise that it is entirely possible for people who have taken the "vaccine" to need hospitalisation for (and can still dies from) this virus, and that some of these people may want this medication to try and ease their symptoms, don't you?

It's not a binary situation of either "vaccine" or Ivermectin, but not both (or neither).

The implication is that it's supposed to be better than the vaccine.

Only in your head...

To those who take the effort to read the study, the implication is that for those with serious medical problems caused by the virus, their chance of survival appears significantly better were they to use this medication than were they not to.

By extension, a person who took the "vaccine" and still suffered a serious viral infection would appear to have a chance of survival significantly better were they to use this medication than were they not to.

Again, it is not a difficult concept to understand.

Not in my head, and it doesn't have to be spelled out.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:54 am

Brictoria wrote:
Either way, it's nice to see people finally beginning to engage in science and investigating possibilities, rather than indulging in politics and pushing claims which suit their biases... As I see it, either the medication doesn't work (no harm done), or it does (meaning those who have been fighting against its use could be responsible for a number of unneccesary deaths) - .

Last time I checked, the FDA were not a political organisation
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

My concern with certain people (i.e. Rogan and certain politicians of the right wing flavour) encouraging trying ivermectin before any clinical trials publish positive results or proper dosage/medication is available through prescription/pharmacies is that they put themselves at risk as per the FDA warning.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Feb 2022, 4:56 am

I am glad to see that most of the latest posts discuss this topic with respect to various viewpoints and with scientific evidence wherever possible. Although the vaccine has doubtless saved many thousands of lives, it's not a one size fits all situation, as it depends on a specific individual's immune system response, metabolism, genetic makeup etc. I know of a former WP member whose favourite teacher from his schooldays, passed away from Covid despite her being double vaccinated some time before.

Although this is the exception rather than the rule, I wonder if her death could have been prevented by taking some alternative treatment, even if it was little more than a placebo.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 7:03 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I am glad to see that most of the latest posts discuss this topic with respect to various viewpoints and with scientific evidence wherever possible. Although the vaccine has doubtless saved many thousands of lives, it's not a one size fits all situation, as it depends on a specific individual's immune system response, metabolism, genetic makeup etc. I know of a former WP member whose favourite teacher from his schooldays, passed away from Covid despite her being double vaccinated some time before.

That's sad to hear - I hope the former member is OK and didn't take it too badly.

envirozentinel wrote:
Although this is the exception rather than the rule, I wonder if her death could have been prevented by taking some alternative treatment, even if it was little more than a placebo.

While "prevention is better than cure", it seems to me that too much emphasis is placed on the "prevention" side ("vaccines"), while little-to-none is spent on the "cure" side (treatments) - And when suggestions are offered in this area, politics (rather than science, or even simple compassion) tends to rear its ugly head and demand the focus be taken from looking to a "cure", and instead returned to the "prevention" area.

My opinion is that if a person is sick enough to need medical help with the virus, then they should be permitted the use of medication which has been proven safe for use (within reason: care would be needed with potentially addictive medication, and making sure the desired medication did not cause negative interactions with other medication\known to exacerbate their condition, for example) - Even if all it does is help ease their stress over their condition, it has done something for the patient (though this is difficult to quantify), and sometimes even this small assistance may be enough to set them on the path to recovery (one of the known properties of the placebo effect).

In this case, given inflamation is the major concern to hospitalised patients, any anti-inflamatory medication (including Ivermectin, which has been found to have anti-inflamatory properties), would seem worth making available to a patient (in the same way that paracetamol and ibuprofen are advised for people with the virus, despite not doing anything about the viral infection, due to their effect on symptoms of the virus (fever\muscle pain\etc.) - ibuprofen also has anti-inflamatory properties, but apparently insufficient to counter the virus's effects at safe levels) - it may not do anything directly against the virus, but it may do something to counter the result of the virus's actions on the patient's body, and so help them survive (in serious cases) and allow the body to focus on the virus, rather than it putting effort into also fighting the inflamation as well.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 6:06 pm

I missed this earlier:

Quote:
The National Institutes of Health are assessing whether ivermectin is effective against COVID-19, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday.

Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, testified to lawmakers that there have been mixed guidelines about the use of ivermectin against COVID-19 from different health agencies around the world, and the NIH guidance panel previously concluded there was not enough evidence to say whether it is effective against COVID-19.

"Ivermectin has had noncontrolled trials suggesting that it might be effective — mostly anecdotal," Fauci said. "The NIH active studies are doing a whole bunch of studies with ivermectin, as well as others, to try and settle it once and for all."

Source: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/fauci-says-nih-is-studying-whether-ivermectin-is-effective-against-covid-19

As with other ongoing studies, it will be interesting to see the results... It's a shame there's no details in the article about them.