Whoopi Goldberg suspended for racist comments

Page 11 of 16 [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 7:41 am

The Nazis got all of their ideas about euthanasia and "racial hygiene" from American eugenicists of the turn of the twentieth century. Nazism is part of the same package as American style racism. And Hitler was all about his 'master race', and 'Aryan supremecy'.

The fact that Jews could blend in easier than Whoopie could among most White Americans doesnt change that.

Not sure whether Whoopie's comments are themselves "racist", but theyre certainly bone-headed, and ignorant.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 7:46 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The Nazis got all of their ideas about euthanasia and "racial hygiene" from American eugenicists of the turn of the twentieth century. Nazism is part of the same package as American style racism. And Hitler was all about his 'master race', and 'Aryan supremecy'.

The fact that Jews could blend in easier than Whoopie could among most White Americans doesnt change that.

Not sure whether Whoopie's comments are themselves "racist", but theyre certainly bone-headed, and ignorant.

I'd say racism and bone-headed ignorance are cut from the same cloth.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 8:02 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
And she got the apology right and she is still right in that we should not allow the Nazis and their American contemporaries and the wokes to define us. .

So on that specific point you agree with Ms Goldberg?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 8:29 am

Somtimes , just gotta wonder if Whoopi 's intent was/ is just trying to get people to realize that we are all just humans and perhaps wishes people to stop self segragating ??. :| :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 10:08 am

Jakki wrote:
Somtimes , just gotta wonder if Whoopi 's intent was/ is just trying to get people to realize that we are all just humans and perhaps wishes people to stop self segragating ??. :| :roll:

Or maybe she was simply being insensitive to what Jewish people went through?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 10:48 am

the slack i'd cut her is that she is part of a large group with cultural PTSD from having ancestors enslaved for over a century as well as having ancestors up until just a few decades back who had to live under our apartheid system ["jim crow"], as well as seeing a revival of energy to revive that same system. if i were POC i'd never be able to relax in this country, knowing that people still hated my guts just for existing. still it needs to be mentioned that somebody should have pulled her aside and provided her manifold examples of MANY jewish folk helping black folk all over the place.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 11:43 am

IMHO ... Division between people are how the Thugs stay in power . You see it in media broadcasts , in their wording , their presentation . oh oopps that was just Hitler as he rose to power . Wait.. wait just saw national News broadcast from USA , 38% of independants voted republican in the last mid term election . Hmm.. Consider that was the party of Trump . And if you had voted "Independant" in the previous election .And paid attention to the "news?"
( What in Heavens Name could get you to Vote Republican in this last midterm.) ? Proxy voting on behalf of dead people ...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 11:45 am

there's no real explanation for folks voting against their best interests.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 12:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
And she got the apology right and she is still right in that we should not allow the Nazis and their American contemporaries and the wokes to define us. .

Yes, I do.

To me this is a combination of the road of good intentions being paved with hell and a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 12:41 pm

I don’t feel Whoopi is egregious. I just feel she doesn’t understand, fully, the evil of the Nazis. To THEM, it was “about race.”

I believe in moving on, and in acknowledging other Genocides. But we can’t just “forget.”

Just like Rwandans can’t “forget”—yet, they’ve moved on from their genocide.

Whoopi should quit while she’s ahead.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 2:04 pm

this seems fitting here today...people leaning on a black person and not processing intent about her thought on
judiac experiences . Happy Kwanzaa everyone. :jester: and btw , think this maybe a boxing day too :jester: , and hope all have a grand one of those too. :D

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 5:25 pm

Why should she not be held accountable for her racist comments towards Jewish people just because she's a black person? This shouldn't be about her being black, it should be about the fact that what she said was downright ignorant and antisemitic and she deserves to get called out on it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 6:41 pm

Lots of Woke culture out there , and yes , am guessing by our standards , She really should be held to account for her loose lips ... but as with everything .. times passes and people and places try to move on .... So many massacres
of humanity have occured . So in order to get to a place where than can be a dialog of treating peoples as human
individuals . There has to be a sort of growth beyond things in the past . Obviously , We are not there yet .
Whoopi has stressed the limits of those kinda concepts before in her history . Just look at the black face images of
Ted Danson . With Whoopi sitting right there . That was not photoshopped , i remember being shocked at it . When it actually came out .Its hard to convey a new concept , to get beyond being just reactionary to things . When all your presented is , with"hate begets hate" in all your life . But this is just my observation of having witnessed this stuff in the past . But so many cultural norms can get offended , am sorry to say .
{ Mentally, Morally, The concept of an Eye for an Eye and a tooth for a Tooth , Leaves alot of people blind and Toothless } please do not take this to mean , i do not believe in punishment for any crime.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 6:55 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
To me this is a combination of the road of good intentions being paved with hell and a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing.

It's interesting because there are gatekeepers who decide who is a jew and it does appear these gatekeepers are motivated by more by race although they won't admit that.

There is also an outstanding matter that almost all Jews who migrated to the US selected "White" as their identity. Note: I am not criticising that decision but taken in that context, Whoopi might be looking at this issue from that perspective.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 8:52 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Yes, I do.

Please learn to say it right.
It is..."the road to Hell is often paved with good intensions".

Trips off your tongue easily. And it makes sense.

Meaning "stuff done to help the situation can have unintended consequences, that can be hellish consequences here on earth.

Though you may have that aphorism confused with what Steve Miller sang:"You have go through to get to Heaven". Which also has a certain truth to it. But I dont think the Steve Miller band version is what you meant.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 26 Dec 2022, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 8:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

It's interesting because there are gatekeepers who decide who is a jew and it does appear these gatekeepers are motivated by more by race although they won't admit that.

There is also an outstanding matter that almost all Jews who migrated to the US selected "White" as their identity. Note: I am not criticising that decision but taken in that context, Whoopi might be looking at this issue from that perspective.

So...what two points are you making?