House Panel: Trump Engaged in Criminal Conspiracy.

Page 1 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 1:42 am

The House committee investigating the U.S. Capitol insurrection said Wednesday night that its evidence shows Donald Trump and his associates engaged in a criminal conspiracy to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the presidential election, spread false information about the outcome, and pressured state officials to overturn it.

The committee made the claims in a filing in response to a lawsuit by Trump adviser John Eastman, a lawyer who was consulting with Trump as he attempted to overturn the election, is trying to withhold documents from the committee as it investigates the January 6, 2021, coup attempt. The House Select Committee investigating Trump’s January 6 coup attempt at the U.S. Capitol is not buying it.

Source:
This Associated Press Article

• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 5:50 am

Clear as day :)

Now….let’s hope this leads to actual actions….

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 6:15 am

Who is on the committee?
How impartial is it?
I have no idea. 8)

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 6:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Rule #1.
Be skeptical.
Rule#2
Use critical thinking skills to consider the veracity of what is being said. 8)

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 6:51 am

This sort of thing must be really embarrassing to Americans.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 7:03 am

I seek to be as objective as possible.

There is a documented sequence of events which, taken in toto, makes it obvious that Trump is as guilty as sin.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 7:25 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:

I don't know what you mean. It's not at all embarrassing to Americans who hate Trump, whereas it could be embarrassing to folks in some other countries who admire him.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 7:26 am

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Rule #1.
Be skeptical.
Rule#2
Use critical thinking skills to consider the veracity of what is being said.

This is ridiculous. A signal to noise ratio of zero.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 8:30 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Not to those of us who see Trump for what he is: A narcissistic ignoramus whose only goal is to seize control of the American government without regard to any legal protocol set forth by the U.S. Constitution.

As for the Trumpsters, they will go on denying any of Trump’s wrongdoing and pretend everything he has said or done is perfectly right and legal.

The only embarrassment being suffered by Americans on this matter is that it took this long to officially acknowledge the truth about Trump and his involvement in the coup attempt of January 6, 2021.

Donald J. Trump is a traitorous criminal and deserves nothing less than to spend the rest of his life in prison.

• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 9:00 am

I'd think choosing such bad leaders would be embarrassing to a nation. He's criminal. The one chosen to first run against him is a criminal. The current one is incompetent.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 9:49 pm

MaxE wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Rule #1.
Be skeptical.
Rule#2
Use critical thinking skills to consider the veracity of what is being said.

This is ridiculous. A signal to noise ratio of zero.

Please don't let your dislike of skunks make you blind to the message. 8)

It is *never* wrong to be skeptical and to use critical thinking skills. ;)

You don't seem to understand where I am coming from.
I am not au fait with the subject matter and would like to be enlightened.

Firstly, how non-partisan is the committee?
How do we establish that?

Politics almost *always* insinuates itself in most aspects of life.
Why should this one be any different?

The other thing to consider is, if people have convincing "evidence", most reasonable people will accept it.
As they say: "Why are people afraid of the Truth"?

For the record, I think trump is a dickhead and wish he would fade into the background.
I have indicated this many times.
Simply use the words "Narcissist" and "Trump" when doing a search on my posts to verify.

Your attitude is baffling, but you have been this insulting a number of times to establish a pattern.

Pepe out. 8)

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 9:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Not to those of us who see Trump for what he is: A narcissistic ignoramus whose only goal is to seize control of the American government without regard to any legal protocol set forth by the U.S. Constitution.

As for the Trumpsters, they will go on denying any of Trump’s wrongdoing and pretend everything he has said or done is perfectly right and legal.

The only embarrassment being suffered by Americans on this matter is that it took this long to officially acknowledge the truth about Trump and his involvement in the coup attempt of January 6, 2021.

Donald J. Trump is a traitorous criminal and deserves nothing less than to spend the rest of his life in prison.

This may be the case, but I doubt it will happen.
Politicians protect one another.

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 9:59 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I'd think choosing such bad leaders would be embarrassing to a nation. He's criminal. The one chosen to first run against him is a criminal. The current one is incompetent.

Agreed.

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2022, 10:56 pm

A friend of mine has emailed this to me:

Quote:
The committee consists of 7 Democrats and 2 Republicans (both chosen by the Democrats)

How accurate is this?

And one more thing,

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 12:36 am

Pepe wrote:
A friend of mine has emailed this to me:

Quote:
The committee consists of 7 Democrats and 2 Republicans (both chosen by the Democrats)

How accurate is this?

It's accurate. But that hardly means that the conclusion is politically motivated. Those two Republicans on the committee (Kinzinger and Cheney) were the only two members of the GOP who hadn't sold their souls to Trump and the MAGA conspiracy that had ignored all evidence against Trump in both impeachment trials.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 12:37 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:

I'll only be embarrassed if Trump is allowed to walk, again.