Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 3:32 am

Quote:
China would be ‘very happy’ to see Russia ‘bled out’ in Ukraine
19 hours ago

If Russia were to become “weakened” as a result of waging in war in Ukraine, China would become the world’s “lead” authoritarian power, says Liberal Senator Jim Molan.

“China would be very, very happy if Russia was bled out in Ukraine,” Mr Molan said.

“Because then you see China as the lead authoritarian country in the entire world.

“Before this Ukraine war … there were two leading authoritarian countries.

“And in the future, if Russia is weakened, if NATO is weakened, if the world is weakened and China is strong – that’s in their interests.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/paul ... erallPos=8

I made this point several days ago. 8)
I said Russia would become China's biatch. :mrgreen:

Hopefully, this will mean China's assistance to Russia will be minimal.

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2022, 4:45 am

Yes, I also interpret Chinese politics of support in words but not in action as having this goal - to have weakened Russia as their satellite.
China is not to be trusted in words or values - but they are consistently pragmatic. They have nothing to gain from investing in Russia winning this conflict - but they can gain power over weakened Russia in case Russia loses while China keeps good relations with them.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 5:48 am

magz wrote:
Yes, I also interpret Chinese politics of support in words but not in action as having this goal - to have weakened Russia as their satellite.
China is not to be trusted in words or values - but they are consistently pragmatic. They have nothing to gain from investing in Russia winning this conflict - but they can gain power over weakened Russia in case Russia loses while China keeps good relations with them.

I play strategy games, and I would do that to Russia if I were China.
Allow them to become weak and dependent on me.

At one time, The Soviet Union (or Russia) threatened to drop nuclear weapons on China. :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 6:14 am

During the Cold War, the USSR and Red China were frequently at odds.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 7:38 am

They are ostensibly aligned (not allied) against the west, but China ruthlessly competes, and Russia is another competitor they want to beat.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 7:57 am

It's my impression that today's China feels most content in an orderly world. A weakened Russia with Trump in permanent disgrace would lessen the potential for disruption. I don't know where that MP gets his information but I'm inclined to agree with him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:10 am

MaxE wrote:
. . . A weakened Russia with Trump in permanent disgrace . . .
YES!!

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 12:21 pm

Ukraine will bankrupt Russia the same as Afghanistan did.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 12:55 pm

China's official external statement said China's expectation is for all parties to exercise restraint.
China officially imported more Russian wheat. It is uncertain whether political or economic factors are causing this.
China's domestic propaganda is pro-Russian. Some semi-official media have written some very infectious articles. Those Chinese people who support the government have recently bought so many Russian products that they are out of stock.

I have no particular opinion on Ukraine, but against hot war. This is a non-mainstream view in a Chinese environment. A person who declares anti-war will have his speech history checked by others to find out whether that person expressed concurring views on America's foreign wars.
Chinese networks generally believe that if Russia fails, China will stand alone against the Western world.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2022, 1:09 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
China's official external statement said China's expectation is for all parties to exercise restraint.
China officially imported more Russian wheat. It is uncertain whether political or economic factors are causing this.
China's domestic propaganda is pro-Russian. Some semi-official media have written some very infectious articles. Those Chinese people who support the government have recently bought so many Russian products that they are out of stock.

I have no particular opinion on Ukraine, but against hot war. This is a non-mainstream view in a Chinese environment. A person who declares anti-war will have his speech history checked by others to find out whether that person expressed concurring views on America's foreign wars.
Chinese networks generally believe that if Russia fails, China will stand alone against the Western world.

Thanks.
Some insight from the inside is valued.
Looks like a fine balance politics to me.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
During the Cold War, the USSR and Red China were frequently at odds.

That is because they just wanted to get "even". <boom tish> :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:23 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Ukraine will bankrupt Russia the same as Afghanistan did.

And the sanctions will help nicely. 8)

But Europe, in particular, needs to get off the teat of Russian gas and oil, even if it means they reinstate their own oil, gas and coal supplies.
It is funding pootin's war machine, ffs.

That f*****g stoopid turtle. :roll:

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:27 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:

China would still have Iran and Nth Korea, at least.

And one more thing,