Baby separate isolation in Shanghai, China

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 12:23 pm

Why did Shanghai commit public anger for isolating babies alone?

Quote:
This wave of outbreaks in Shanghai is very violent, and as experts have said, the scale may exceed that of Wuhan at the beginning.

Quote:
A crib was crowded with three babies, some with sheets covering their heads. Some of the older children were lying down, some stood leaning on the bed rails, and some even sat and crawled directly on the ground. The cluttered and crowded environment made it hard to imagine that this was a baby isolation point in Shanghai.

Quote:
In response to the video circulating on the Internet, although Shanghai denied that it happened at the "Jinshan Infant and Toddler Isolation Point", the separate isolation of positive infants is real, and the chaotic scene is obvious to all.According to the statement given by the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center in response, these are "some scenes from the internal transfer of the pediatric ward", "Due to the increase in pediatric children infected with the new coronavirus, in order to improve the hospital environment, the pediatric ward has been adjusted to the emergency room. Since the number of children admitted is still increasing, internal adjustments are needed."

It is reported on the Internet that there are infants and young children in Shanghai who are isolated without guardians. Municipal Women's Federation: already in the process of coordination
Quote:
On April 1, Shanghai added 260 new confirmed cases of new coronary pneumonia and 6,051 asymptomatic infections.
That night, some photos and videos of infants and young children suspected of crying in quarantine in Shanghai were posted on the Internet, arousing widespread concern.
On the morning of April 2, the Shanghai Women's Federation told China Philanthropist that it had paid attention to the matter and was "coordinating and handling it."

Quote:
Three members of Zhao Qian's family (pseudonym) tested positive for nucleic acid and belonged to confirmed cases. Her husband was sent to a centralized isolation point for isolation treatment, and she and her two-and-a-half-year-old daughter stayed in Shanghai Tongren Hospital for treatment.
On the afternoon of March 29, her daughter was taken to the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center in Jinshan District by epidemic prevention personnel for isolation, and Zhao Qian was sent to the makeshift hospital.
Zhao Qian questioned that her daughter only had a fever on the day she was diagnosed, and after the fever subsided, she had no symptoms for 3 consecutive days; and if she left her parents, would she be able to receive good care?
The epidemic prevention staff said that this is a "government regulation". If the parents do not agree, the child can continue to stay in the hospital alone, but the adults must go to the makeshift hospital.
On the morning of April 2, China Philanthropist called the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center to ask about the isolation of infants and young children. The staff of the center said, "I can only tell you that we also have (infant and young children isolation) here. If you have any questions, you can consult through other channels."
As of April 2, Zhao Qian and her daughter have been separated for 3 days. Every time she asks the nurses at her daughter's hospital on WeChat, the only answer she gets is the word "in good condition", other than that, there is no news about her daughter.
"The doctor is too busy, we can understand, but I'm really nervous. I don't know what's going on with my daughter over there. I've never seen a photo or video." Zhao Qian told China Philanthropist.
Zhao Qian's patients in the makeshift hospital had a similar experience. The two of them were sent to the Fangcang shelter hospital on the same day. The patient has a 4-year-old daughter who was also sent to the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center for isolation. In the past few days, there have been many photos and videos in the ward. Judging from these photos and video information, the contradiction between fewer nurses and more children is prominent. The medical staff revealed to the parents: Basically, a nurse has to take care of about 10 children.

The following content is not recommended for any parent who is raising an infant.

This article is recommended to be viewed in comparison with the last news I translated.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2022, 12:36 pm

Crises don't go orderly. Chaos is something one can expect in such circumstances.

It's worrying that so many infants got pneumonia. Up to recently, most children were asymptomatic. A new strain?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 12:40 pm

magz wrote:
It's worrying that so many infants got pneumonia. Up to recently, most children were asymptomatic. A new strain?

Omicron. Highly contagious.

The actual weirdness of this event is that:
A. Why must babies be separated from their parents?
B. Many babies just have a fever and not pneumonia.Some have been in contact with patients and are just "risks".This isolation is only to prevent the patient from infecting others, not for treatment.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Last edited by SkinnedWolf on 02 Apr 2022, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2022, 1:09 pm

Back in Communist times, children were always separated from their parents in hospitals (in Poland).
Now it has changed, small children are usually accompanied by a parent in a hospital.
I don't know the rules in China.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 1:11 pm

magz wrote:
I don't know the rules in China.

I have not been quarantined.
But others were shocked by the incident. Explain that this is not the usual rule.

And it's a crazy idea to leave a nursing baby away from its parents.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2022, 1:19 pm

Strange indeed.
So why would these babies were taken? Such crowd makes no sense for "quarantine".

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 1:21 pm

To be frank. I have no idea. I can't figure it out.
However, "contact with patients" has always been quarantined in China.China's policy is to try to "zero out" infections.

That's why I don't think the events in Xinjiang are worth mentioning. Considering the CCP's long-standing preferential treatment of ethnic minorities, their conditions are actually higher than the national average.
More crazier things are happening elsewhere.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Apr 2022, 1:39 pm

I've also read Western reports on it:
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/sha ... 022-04-02/
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 022-04-03/
So, apparently Shanghaians are trying to gain a right to... quarantine their mild cases at home, without splitting covid-positive families apart.
Oh, man. Hard to imagine for me not to have such a right.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2022, 1:57 pm

This is a sensitive topic in China.
The CCP has formulated many policies for "dynamic clearance" over the past two years. This has cost the economy, and many people, a huge price.Because the disaster caused by "fighting the epidemic" has surpassed the epidemic itself.
Inter-provincial movement involving affected areas is very difficult. Individual businesses are dying. Residents who are locked down can only rely on savings without any subsidies.

When now is the era of Omikron, a virus with low lethality and high contagion.
Many have questioned whether all this is even necessary, and this is known as "coexistence faction". But others don't want all our sacrifices over the past two years to be in vain. This is called the "anti-epidemic faction".

The anti-epidemic faction will declare how foreign countries are like hell under the epidemic, and how terrifying the sequelae are.
I know this is not real. But we still have debates about the safety of the elderly without lockdown - respect for the elderly is an important part of Chinese culture.

"Self-isolation of mild symptoms" will undoubtedly be regarded as a "coexistence faction" proposition.
This incident may be the trigger for China to switch to a more open epidemic policy(Then North Korea will be the last country to stick to the blockade). Or, nothing changes and then the economy will go into a serious crisis.
That's why I want to translate this news.

Last edited by SkinnedWolf on 03 Apr 2022, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Apr 2022, 2:08 pm

What are vaccination rates in China and in Shanghai in particular?
After full vaccination and boosters, even the elderly have mild symptoms. My in-laws recently had it, quite mild despite their advanced age and poor health.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2022, 2:13 pm

https://www.chinanews.com.cn/gn/2022/03-05/9693377.shtml

Quote:
China News Agency, Beijing, March 5th
Xiang Dong, deputy director of the Research Office of the State Council of China, said in Beijing on the 5th that the whole-course vaccination rate of China's new crown vaccine has exceeded 87% by the end of February 2022.

I didn't find more granular data. One argument is that the elderly are under-vaccinated.
I personally get three shots, which are semi-mandatory in my university (Beijing, the strictest area).

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Apr 2022, 2:17 pm

Here, medical staff and the elderly were the two groups that got vaccinated first.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2022, 2:18 pm

Shanghai itself is a fairly young city, and I believe the virus "by itself" will not cause too many deaths in Shanghai. (But according to some current outflows, the disaster caused by the blockade is not optimistic)
The real problem in Shanghai is that it blatantly violates the central policy and still allows Shanghai residents to move out. This has caused lockdowns in many other regions.
Some people therefore believe that the leadership in Shanghai is kidnapping the central government for "coexistence".

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Apr 2022, 2:23 pm

I see - there are political tensions between Shanghai and the central government and differences over lockdown policies make them worse.
Do I understand it correctly?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2022, 2:26 pm

There is real evidence that Shanghai violated the central policy.
Shanghai kidnapping the central government for "coexistence" is a theory.

This is an event China has not seen in two years during the epidemic.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Apr 2022, 2:29 pm

My theory is that Shanghai cares more for economy than the central government does - and that having a lot of contact with foreigners, Shanghaians are aware of other countries easing lockdowns and learning to live with covid (with help of vaccines) by now.